Official San Antonio Spurs Thread Game 1 Sunday @1:00PM

There went the Spurs chance of going undefeated at home....
tired.gif

Ginobili had a terrible game
Jefferson wasn't forcing the issue until the end of the game

But the most disappointing thing to watch was our defense.

Finley and Mason really can't stop ball penetration which is really hurting Duncan
because he isn't as quick a he use to be.

I just hope we work stuff out sooner than later

Can someone please give me a reason why all this stuff is happening to the spurs?
ohwell.gif

New Players?
Injures?
Chemistry?

Its still a long season so no worries over here....
wink.gif
pimp.gif

Today vs Utah

Go Spurs Go!

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Can someone please give me a reason why all this stuff is happening to the spurs?
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif

Thought I had.

You need tonight's game. Big time.

anyone other then CP....

How do we need this game "big time"?
Its not like if we lose were out of the playoffs....
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

anyone other then CP....

How do we need this game "big time"?
Its not like if we lose were out of the playoffs....
nerd.gif

I posted on it in the NBA thread. They can't keep giving away so many early season games becasue at the end, you don't want to be the 5-6-7 seed andplay on the road for 3 straight series. That would be a wrap for you guys hands down.

So for this one, I meant it as a momentum type thing. Another loss to a West team with all these other teams getting off to good starts.......means it will betough to catch them later. I know they always make a run around the rodeo and what not, but they are always right there at that point too. Fall too farbehind.........

See what I'm sayin?

^i agree, even though they are still trying to gel it just seems like everything is tough for them. They arent getting easy wins/buckets or anything. Its stillearly but they need to start winning games. This is a back to back game coming off of a ot so im not even expecting too much tonight. Pop needs to work in theyoung guys (malik) some more especially during the back to back

i hate to see a championship caliber team or any team for that matter with a lot of injuries...but i still see the spurs as the biggest threat to us whenhealthy

^Which they'll never be (healthy) so they aren't a threat at all

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

What did Roger Mason ever do to Coach Popovich to get buried in the depth chart?
He did it to himself...
smh.gif

Only reason he playing now is because he is our 4th PG...

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
stats_header_lft.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]GS[/td] [td]MPG[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3p%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]OFF[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]SPG[/td] [td]BPG[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]09-10[/td] [td]SAS[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]18.4[/td] [td]0.278[/td] [td]0.207[/td] [td]0.833[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]4.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Career[/td] [td] [/td] [td]276[/td] [td]83[/td] [td]19.2[/td] [td]0.410[/td] [td]0.389[/td] [td]0.881[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]1.4[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

oh yeah we lost....AGAIN!....
ohwell.gif

Honestly the last two games have been encouraging because of the defense.
If it wasn't for Dirk going off yesterday and Boozer playing good in clutch time we could have two wins but it really doesn't because we loss both.

But we really need Parker and Ginobili back to get a feel of how this is all going to work.

We really don't have a good rotation yet and pop is playing way too many guards but that will work itself out.

I'm not too worried yet but we need to fix our problems sonner then later.

Manu Ginobili has a strained left groin...

Also Pops wants this team not to worry about their record...

http://www.mysanantonio.com/email_us?contentID=70682667
By Jeff McDonald - Express-News

If Spurs coach Gregg Popovich had his way, his players would avoid the NBA standings right now as if they were a rogue bat loose in the AT&T Center.

At 4-6, the Spurs are off to their worst 10-game start since 1996-97, the season before Tim Duncan arrived. They have lost three in a row, and tonight against Washington, will look to avoid their first four-game losing streak since March 2008.

"We just have to stay the course," Popovich said. "Stay focused on the learning part, and not the record part."

Players admit that can be easier said than done.

"It's tough to hang in," Antonio McDyess said. "I've been through worse, but when you're on a good team and expecting to win, it's kind of hard."

Popovich continues to preach patience with an overhauled club that includes seven new players. The Spurs have also battled a rash of injuries, with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili the latest to hit the inactive list.

"In some ways, we're better off than we were last year," Popovich said. "We were 2-5 last year, and we had a veteran team."

I trust him....

Do Be Doo wrote:
"In some ways, we're better off than we were last year," Popovich said. "We were 2-5 last year, and we had a veteran team."

And uh, how did last year work out for ya Pop?
ohwell.gif

That logic is stupid beyond belief. Let him go ahead and cruise to the 4-5-6 seed, and he'll be eliminated by the second round.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

And uh, how did last year work out for ya Pop?
ohwell.gif

That logic is stupid beyond belief. Let him go ahead and cruise to the 4-5-6 seed, and he'll be eliminated by the second round.
smh.gif

no no no no....wrong CP
Last year 1st round exit = No Manu
This year this team still has no chemistry...Injures FTL
They have to hang in there....just like their fans...
tired.gif

nice win over wizards..
We got the bucks today with the 3rd best record in the east...

Brandon Jennings is going to put on a show
pimp.gif

but spurs come out with a W...
pimp.gif

Warriors Today
they might only play 6 players today...
going to be my 1st look at S Curry....

Go Spurs Go
pimp.gif

games every other day
pimp.gif

@ Houston today...