Official San Antonio Spurs VS Memphis Grizzlies 1st Round Thread: MEM Win 4-2!

The Spurs live and die with Ginobili. Duncan has always been the anchor and the presence inside, Parker sets the tone, but Ginobili puts them over the top. Dunno if the elbow is still bothering him but I think it's just that + old age. He fizzled out during the playoffs last year too. Over his last 11 playoff games, he's shooting 35% from the floor. If he's done then the Spurs are done because I don't know what else they can do. Over his career, it's not like he's even been a big-minute guy either...his career mpg is 28

The Spurs live and die with Ginobili. Duncan has always been the anchor and the presence inside, Parker sets the tone, but Ginobili puts them over the top. Dunno if the elbow is still bothering him but I think it's just that + old age. He fizzled out during the playoffs last year too. Over his last 11 playoff games, he's shooting 35% from the floor. If he's done then the Spurs are done because I don't know what else they can do. Over his career, it's not like he's even been a big-minute guy either...his career mpg is 28

Originally Posted by MR J 858

do bee doo got himself banned during the Lakers @ Spurs game when the Lakers walked in and killed them by 30+

--This is news to me. Cant believe I didnt notice.
--What'd he post to get himself banned?

Originally Posted by MR J 858

do bee doo got himself banned during the Lakers @ Spurs game when the Lakers walked in and killed them by 30+

--This is news to me. Cant believe I didnt notice.
--What'd he post to get himself banned?

Mayo & Allen holdin' hands <3
laugh.gif

ipqge9.png

Spurs’ fall arriving sooner than expected

Everyone’s eyes can see the truth unfolding on the floor, and yes, the crumbling of the San Antonio Spurs’ dynasty is a jarring spectacle. Fading fast now, a proud, old champion has struggled to stay with the talented bodies, young legs and hungry hearts out of Memphis. The Grizzlies tanked the final games of the season for a chance to obliterate the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, and Tim Duncan sounded so offended. There would be a price for Memphis to pay for such blatant disregard.

Only Duncan’s no longer able to exact revenge on the Spurs’ honor. San Antonio is down 3-1 to the eighth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies, and this feels far less like an upset and far more like an inevitability. The Spurs reconstructed themselves to play faster, freer and far less dependent on Duncan. They had no choice, but San Antonio suddenly seems far more constructed for the long run of the regular season than the grind of the playoffs.

Spurs owner Peter Holt always insisted: He was going down with Duncan. It was admirable, fitting and just. Only now, the time has come.

The Spurs are going down with Tim Duncan.

One year ago this week, Holt watched the Spurs sputter through most of the regular season, cling to the seventh seed and still beat an old rival, the Dallas Mavericks, in the first round of the playoffs. It was a magnificent victory, validating for the Gregg Popovich and RC Buford regime because it convinced them they were justified in staying with the program.

“We looked at the history of all this, and asked, ‘Should we try this or not?’

Spurs’ fall arriving sooner than expected

Everyone’s eyes can see the truth unfolding on the floor, and yes, the crumbling of the San Antonio Spurs’ dynasty is a jarring spectacle. Fading fast now, a proud, old champion has struggled to stay with the talented bodies, young legs and hungry hearts out of Memphis. The Grizzlies tanked the final games of the season for a chance to obliterate the No. 1 seed in the Western Conference, and Tim Duncan sounded so offended. There would be a price for Memphis to pay for such blatant disregard.

Only Duncan’s no longer able to exact revenge on the Spurs’ honor. San Antonio is down 3-1 to the eighth-seeded Memphis Grizzlies, and this feels far less like an upset and far more like an inevitability. The Spurs reconstructed themselves to play faster, freer and far less dependent on Duncan. They had no choice, but San Antonio suddenly seems far more constructed for the long run of the regular season than the grind of the playoffs.

Spurs owner Peter Holt always insisted: He was going down with Duncan. It was admirable, fitting and just. Only now, the time has come.

The Spurs are going down with Tim Duncan.

One year ago this week, Holt watched the Spurs sputter through most of the regular season, cling to the seventh seed and still beat an old rival, the Dallas Mavericks, in the first round of the playoffs. It was a magnificent victory, validating for the Gregg Popovich and RC Buford regime because it convinced them they were justified in staying with the program.

“We looked at the history of all this, and asked, ‘Should we try this or not?’

Its crazy how much Duncan has fell off. He looks terrible out there. I just dont see the Spurs goin out at home like this, I think the Grizz close it out at home in 6.

Its crazy how much Duncan has fell off. He looks terrible out there. I just dont see the Spurs goin out at home like this, I think the Grizz close it out at home in 6.

interesting stat: the Spurs have now lost 15 of their last 18 postseason road games, dating back to Game 4 against Phoenix in 2008

interesting stat: the Spurs have now lost 15 of their last 18 postseason road games, dating back to Game 4 against Phoenix in 2008

Originally Posted by PMatic

NBA TV treatment tonight.
30t6p3b.gif

Spurs broadcast better not be used either after last week's debacle.
bhz said it'll be on sports south
hope so, cuzi dont wanna have to watch it from my girls droid with sean elliot on mute
grin.gif

LETS GET IT GRIZZ, END THIS %+@% 2NITE!!!!!!!

NBA TV treatment tonight.
30t6p3b.gif

Spurs broadcast better not be used either after last week's debacle.
bhz said it'll be on sports south
hope so, cuzi dont wanna have to watch it from my girls droid with sean elliot on mute
grin.gif

LETS GET IT GRIZZ, END THIS %+@% 2NITE!!!!!!!

The Spurs record against the top 10 defensive teams is very bad.
I'm not sure what their record is, but I just heard it on the Chris Vernon Show. Something just isn't right. The Spurs played as hard as they could in Game 4 and got blown out. But, lets see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom