:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yo, these extrapolated numbers are crazy!! :wow::wow::wow: 29 TDs, 4.7k yards would be the best numbers since Jeff Garcia.

I remember how many of yall wanted Cousins to :smh:
Yeah if your past few QBs were Gabbert, Hoyer, and Beathard.... yeah Cousins sounds like a viable option....

But that’s irrelevant cause we got our qb8)
jimmy-garoppolo

Sure am glad we didn’t get bootylicious Captain Kirk

Even nick Mullen’s put up better numbers vs Seattle, in century link! :lol:, and he’s 83 million dollars cheaper

Last edited:
You guys think every team that has chance to get that #1 pick is going for Bosa? If not, are we willing to trade to get that #1 spot if team not in need of edge rusher?
Can’t have too many guys that get after the QB he will go 1 overall unless a QB climbs big time throughout the process.

Just wanted to put this thread back on the first page since I can't stand seeing the seattle thread alive and well.

There’s big speculation Justin Herbert will declare soon.

Hopefully true. He has Matt Stafford like tools so will most likely be taken in top 3 picks.

90% of that is highlights of kittle :pimp:

glad to see these dudes celebrating on the sidelines and the field. this team might be deadlast but one thing that's for sure is shanny's still got the locker room

Who saw this coming?

49ers’ Arik Armstead nearing first-round potential with improved play down the stretch
BY AUSTIN GAYLE • SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS ARIK ARMSTEAD • DEC 11, 2018
USATSI_11376154_168384674_lowres.jpg

The San Francisco 49ers’ brass recently turned to the University of Oregon for high-end talent along the defensive line with first-round picks in back-to-back drafts, selecting Arik Armstead (2015) and DeForest Buckner (2016). And while Buckner has earned an impressive 82.3 overall grade and a top-10 pass-rush grade (79.1) in his three years in the league, Armstead fell off a bit after a strong rookie campaign (78.3 overall grade; 2015).

Screen-Shot-2018-12-11-at-1.58.39-PM-1024x577.png

Armstead, however, has returned to his previously dominant form in 2018, especially considering his play in recent weeks. The former Duck product has earned game grades above 65.0 nine of his previous 10 games with San Francisco, all combining for the seventh-ranked overall grade (87.1) among the 82 edge defenders with 250-plus defensive snaps in Weeks 4-14. Furthermore, across his 138 defensive snaps in Weeks 10-14 (four games), Armstead has earned the sixth-highest overall grade (88.3) among qualifiers.

Is the season ended today, Armstead’s 79.9 overall grade for the year would mark a career-high and lead all San Francisco defenders, which includes Buckner and his 78.8 overall grade through 14 weeks. And sample size isn’t a concern for Armstead, either, as he’s played 122 more defensive snaps in 2018 than any of his previous three seasons and has three games left on the schedule.

Armstead’s stellar production, both this season and in his rookie year, is rooted in his ability to play the run with admirable efficiency. His 87.4 run-defense grade through Week 14 ranks third among the 36 NFL edge defenders with 200-plus run-defense snaps on the year.

Though he ranks outside the top-15 in PFF’s run-stop percentage at 8.8% on the year, Armstead makes his presence felt as a frequent flyer to all of his opponents’ backfields. He has been the first to contact the ball carrier on 13.49% of his run-defense snaps in 2018, ranking second behind only Jacksonville Jaguars’ Calais Campbell (16.73%).

And Armstead’s pass-rush ability, though it pales in comparison to his run defense, isn’t too much of a liability. Since Week 4, Armstead has earned pass-rush grades above 65.0 in seven of 10 games and recorded 25 pressures in the process. His pressure percentage (14.6) and pass-rush grade (76.4) ranked eighth and 16th, respectively, among the 79 edge defenders with 150 pass-rush snaps in the 11-week span.

What has been a liability in 2018, however, is Armstead’s tackling ability. He’s missed a career-high seven tackles through Week 14 and owns a dismal 51.9 tackling grades, the latter of which dragging down what would be an even higher overall grade if he could sure up that part of his game.

Armstead is on pace for a career year in 2018, a testament to his constant improvement and dedication in recent years. And he’s just scratching the surface, as he’s just a few better tackling attempts and a further improved pass-rush from truly elite play.

Matt Miller's latest big board top 10:

1. Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

2. Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama

3. Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky

4. Devin White, LB, LSU

5. Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

6. Ed Oliver, DL, Houston

7. Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

8. Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

9. Jeffery Simmons, DL, Mississippi State

10. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810100#slide1

I agree 100% with the rankings. I think Niner fans should familiarize themselves with Josh Allen because there's a good chance he's the guy if we miss out on Bosa.

Matt Miller's latest big board top 10:

I agree 100% with the rankings. I think Niner fans should familiarize themselves with Josh Allen because there's a good chance he's the guy if we miss out on Bosa.

if history has taught us anything, it's that gap-toothed edge rushers end up in record books...josh allen the next #92 to have the sack record? :nerd:

how's josh allen's hand technique compared to Bosa's? a lot of the highlight reel is him blowing by left tackles right off the snap. a few show him being strong enough to get through holds to still sack the qb, but that's after he already collapsed the pocket. i know they say you "can't teach speed" but i forget which DE the niners drafted a few years back who was touted as having amazing speed coming off the edge but had no other move other than attempting to bullrush through linemen.

I’ll be honest. Allen’s technique is very rudimentary and pales in comparison to Bosa. Allen’s entire game is predicated on his speed rush. His hands are underdeveloped, rarely uses a counter and doesn’t have a power element to his pass rush despite being a big athlete. Whatever team picks him is going to have to develop these aspects of his game. But the tools are all there to be developed, and he's an ascending player who has only gotten better each year.

Also, he’s really versatile in pass coverage. Dude can play in space at a high level and is surprisingly good in down field coverage.

Last edited:
Adding onto that post, while Josh Allen's stock is skyrocketing and could continue to grow after the Senior Bowl, I think Clelin Ferrell is being slightly disrespected. While he isn't as athletic as the other guys, I could totally see htis dude having a Terrell Suggs-type career.

Some of my favorite edge rushers in this draft aren't even projected to be first-round guys. Chase Winovich and Zach Allen are two of my favorites. I ****ing love of these guys.

I’ll be honest. Allen’s technique is very rudimentary and pales in comparison to Bosa. Allen’s entire game is predicated on his speed rush. His hands are underdeveloped, rarely uses a counter and doesn’t have a power element to his pass rush despite being a big athlete. Whatever team picks him is going to have to develop these aspects of his game. But the tools are all there to be developed, and he's an ascending player who has only gotten better each year.

Also, he’s really versatile in pass coverage. Dude can play in space at a high level and is surprisingly good in down field coverage.

Given your analysis of Josh Allen, it seems like there are still a lot of question marks outside of his speedrush. One of Mack’s strengths coming out of college was that he was not only fast, he was also strong as ****.

Say niners fall to third or fourth, is it gonna be worth risking that pick on a player who has so much more development ahead of him?

Yeah, I think Mack was a superior prospect in every way. I'd take Khalil Mack over everyone in this class except Nick Bosa.

If Nick is off the board, I think trading back will certainly be in the mix. We need Justin Herbert to declare. This is a deep edge class, so they could move back and still get a quality prospect.

Back
Top Bottom