:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also the fact that Saquon likes to bounce it outside speaks to how freakishly athletic he’s is. 5’11 230 and you’re bouncing it outside which use to work a lot because of sub 4.4 speed :sick:

He’s like a big Darren Sproles.

saquon liking to bounce it outside not necessarily a bad thing tho for a team like us that recently transitioned from a power and inside zone run scheme to an outside zone run scheme

saquon liking to bounce it outside not necessarily a bad thing tho for a team like us that recently transitioned from a power and inside zone run scheme to an outside zone run scheme

Would be a miricle if he fell to 9. And even then Kyle prolly still wouldn’t want a RB in the 1st :lol:

saquon liking to bounce it outside not necessarily a bad thing for a team like us that recently transitioned from a power and inside run scheme to an outside zone run scheme

Nah, it's the opposite. The reason he bounces outside so often is that he doesn't see/trust his reads. He'll hesitate or dance, and as a result, the running lane will close. Thus, he has to bounce runs outside. Being a good outside zone runner is about the reads. A good OZ RB processes reads quickly and hits running lanes with conviction. One cut. No dancing. No hesitation. No false steps or wasted motion.

My top 5 RBs for Kyle's offense:

1.) Ronald Jones
2.) Sony Michel
3.) John Kelly
4.) Royce Freeman/Rashaad Penny
5.) Mark Walton

Last edited:
I made this to illustrate some of the things I don't like about Barkley a few months ago. It's 3rd and 1. Why are you shuffling your feet as you press the LOS? Hit that ****.

giphy.gif

How a good zone RB reads and reacts:

giphy.gif

In the NFL, running lanes close much quicker than in college. Every step matters in a zone scheme.

Ronald Jones was born to play in Kyle's offense. He'd kill it.

Also the fact that Saquon likes to bounce it outside speaks to how freakishly athletic he’s is. 5’11 230 and you’re bouncing it outside which use to work a lot because of sub 4.4 speed :sick:

He’s like a big Darren Sproles.
Actually think the Big Darren Sproles is a fair comparison.

Sony Michel has a good combine he’s prolly gonna be 3rd or 4th back off the board

Nah, it's the opposite. The reason he bounces outside so often is that he doesn't see/trust his reads. He'll hesitate or dance, and as a result, the running lane will close. Thus, he has to bounce runs outside. Being a good outside zone runner is about the reads. A good OZ RB processes reads quickly and hits running lanes with conviction. One cut. No dancing. No hesitation. No false steps or wasted motion.

My top 5 RBs for Kyle's offense:

1.) Ronald Jones
2.) Sony Michel
3.) John Kelly
4.) Royce Freeman/Rashaad Penny
5.) Mark Walton
Mark Walton :nthat::pimp:

One cut. No dancing. No hesitation.

I mean I get what you're saying but Leveon Bell has basically made a career out of waiting behind the LOS

Andy Reid said about bell "Bell succeeds with a sixth sense, bypassing vanishing holes in favor of ones that have yet to open ... that delay to get to the line of scrimmage. It's been effective for him. He's really the only one that does it, so it's unique."

When I watch that first clip of Barkley I see what you're talking about, he does dance around a little and doesn't hit the designed hole, but he does wait and find another hole around the tackles and gets wide enough of the LB to get the first down and then some.

Was it really that bad to have a little patience? It looked like he got 14 or so yards.

And running lanes will close faster in the NFL but if he's really as fast as he looks I don't see Saquaon having problems carving up defenses with some of those improvisational kind of runs.

Of course this is all purely academic as there is, I would say, a 1/1,000,000 chance we draft him given A. He'll go earlier than our pick and B. RB isn't really an essential "need" for us right now and C. K. Shan known to not go big on RBs.

The oracle of Heatseeker23 has foreseen Saq B. wearing a CLE Browns, NY Giants, or NY Jets jersey next season.

Leveon Bell is one of a kind. Let's not compare anyone to him.

And Pittsburgh doesn't run outside zone like Shanahans do. Shanny, like his father and Alex Gibbs, run a style of "wide zone" that is fast. The OL's blocks and the RB's feet are married. I don't want to go too deep, but what Leveon does in Pitt is completely different.

How do you guys feel about Moncrief? I'm ambivalent about him. He disappointed me and never lived up to his potential. On the other hand, that's precisely why they should bring him. He's only 24 years old, cheap and Shanny is exactly the coach that can help him realize his potential. He's a solid red zone player, so he'd provide that element we're missing. He's also a good vertical receiver, so if Goodwin ever went down, we'd still have that element.

Niners could use this:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Interesting note: Moncrief is only 1 year older than Calvin Ridley and Marcell Ateman. :wow:

I’m looking forward to kicking tires on moncrief and Allen Robinson till he gets tagged. And Paul Richardson

Last edited:
Do we look at Trumaine Johnson now the Rams got Marcus Peters?

Supposedly Lynch hit up the Chiefs regarding Peters as well

Johnson 28 doe >D don’t want a sean smith situation again. I’d rather go for a younger Kyle Fuller

Back
Top Bottom