:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Offseason Thread [NFC CHAMPIONS]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
would be a crazy rushing offense that’s for sure, everyone in that group can block, run, and sweep . They could run a lot of RPOs which I like conceptually as plays

Just missing the fullback

Juice was just on vacation with Shanny and Kittle:nerd:

I’m all for trading picks to get Deshaun Watson, but someone like Bosa, Kittle or Warner is untouchable.

My only cause for skepticism is this. If you give up too much in the form of guys who are proven players on top of those picks, you’re pretty much turning into what the Texans currently are thanks to Bill O Brian’s incompetence.

Getting Deshaun Watson would be great, but not at the expense of giving up both picks and quality talent that puts holes in the current roster while also making filling said holes through the draft harder

Are you guys nuts?! (Sorry this is not just directed at you. Plenty of posters in here have said the same thing)

After seeing what Houston wants?

If three first round picks is what it takes to get this done, I would sign up for that without thinking twice. Seriously, "done deal" couldn't come out of my mouth fast enough.

Where I start to draw the line is if Bosa/Warner need to be included. But like I said before, there isn't a draft pick package alone that I would be upset at. Do it. Now.
He’s not going for 3 firsts that’s just the starting talk, and a team like Miami has higher firsts to offer than us. It’s going to be 3 firsts and then some for the average team making a play on him. If I’m Houston I’d fire whoever pissed him off then go after D. Smith and other talent to win him back.

Last edited:
He’s not going for 3 firsts that’s just the starting talk, and a team like Miami has higher firsts to offer than us. It’s going to be 3 firsts and then some for the average team making a play on him. If I’m Houston I’d fire whoever pissed him off then go after D. Smith and other talent to win him back.

you’re not winning him back that way. know why, houston doesn’t own a 1st or 2nd round pick this season. this is why houston needs to part ways.

the odds of you finding enough talent to help this team become competitive in the next year to two are highly unlikely. their d stinks, offensive line isn’t good, two #2-3’s at wr, who is their TE without naming him lol, dj is a shell of himself.

we need to get this done. as much as i love fred, george & nick, give them one plus two picks.

i’d prefer to keep nick, since george & fred are up for contracts now.

George Kittle signed an extension this past summer.

To be honest with you. Staying healthy is their biggest issue. They went 13-3 with a healthy squad last season. Dominated the current 1 seed in the NFC twice and beat some other good teams on the road in 2019. All with Jimmy as the qb.

Obviously Jimmy is expendable because he’s both injury prone and isn’t in that elite tier of qb’s. But if they make some huge trade for Watson, I really hope they look into all the injuries this past season. Obviously some you can’t control. But they got hit with injuries in a way unimaginable. Be it trading for Watson, trading up to draft a qb, or even trading for a guy like Stafford or keeping Jimmy, they gotta do everything possible to have a healthy team next season. Also need to do what’s needed to get a quality backup regardless of who the qb is next season. Would be devastating to make some crazy trade for Watson and he were to get hurt.

well he couldn't really capitalize on the opportunities because he kept getting devastating injuries but regardless he could have handled the situation better

i'm sure his agent cringed when he saw the clip too. bitter outbursts are not a good look for a guy hitting free agency.

best thing he could have said was "i want to thank the 9ers organization for the time i've spent here, my agent and I think it is best for everyone if we test the market at different cities in free agency".

boom. simple policy statement. clean and done, no drama. instead now he's basically in the news for having a bad attitude.
If we really think about it, his "Fk no" response gives us a glimpse as to why he never succeeded with the Niners. Dude got the wrong attitude all the way around. And I bet his bad attitude prevented him from maximizing his talents and overcoming the stiff competition he faced from Mostert, Wilson, and Coleman.

I would assume Stafford would cost way less than Watson. He turns 33 on Super Bowl Sunday so he still has a few good years left in him. He’s always been a real good qb restrained by a piss poor organization.

Assuming this team has a 3-4 season window to win a Super Bowl, it’s a move I would be cool with them making.

I'm not 100% sold on Stafford but I would trade for him under this scenario:

Trade Jimmy and Solomon for Stafford without losing any key draft picks in the trade. Gotta get Stafford for ultra cheap since he already don't want to be in Detroit

Then we go out and trade up in the draft for Zach Wilson, allowing Wilson to learn the ropes for a year or two playing behind Stafford, ala Alex Smith/Mahomes and Favre/Rodgers, and take over the starting role when he's ready.

This type of continuity and depth at the QB position would solidify Kyle Shanny and his offense for the next 8-10 years

Back
Top Bottom