:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i was watching Drake Jackson's game tape from USC.. the kid is long and explosive. already has more skills than a simple bullrush or relying simply on speed off the line. footwork and his dip&rip look hella good. seems like the niners need to let him play at 275lbs and keep him on the end opposite of Bosa instead of trying to line him up in the inside. man hopefully kinlaw is healthy. this dline has potential to be as good as those Cowboy + Aldon days
We have a top 5 Dline when healthy.

Camp begins today, right? Or the team comes in for physicals?

Either way, crazy that camp is already here!

And that Jimmy is still here too!!!!!

And that Jimmy is still here too!!!!!

Jimmy will be on the roster until the last possible cut date unless someone makes a trade offer before Aug 30.

Even if it is Trey SZN and Trey's team the 9ers will need another capable QB who knows the offense to run drills in camp anyway. That's Jimmy. Do you really want our developing guys learning under Nate Sudfield or Brock Purdy? :sick: It isn't like it will cost them anything additional to keep him until Aug 30.

& I know nobody wants to hear it, but if a trade offer doesn't materialize, and Jimmy G is balling out in camp, and making the plays, he could survive the cut date, it isn't like the 9ers can't afford to keep him. They can once they cut from 90 players. And it's kinda late in the game to be worrying about having tons of money on hand for big name free agent acquisitions now.

I know the Jimmy slander is strong but Kyle's offense relies on quick release and JG was still one of the quickest releases in the league. They might even keep him under contract to try to trade during the season if/when another team's starting QB goes down injured. There's a lot of options to explore, it's chess not checkers.

But they're definitely not going to run on Nate Sudfield and Brock Purdy exclusively from now until the season unless someone ponies up a somewhat palatable offer for Jimmy G., I can say that much fo' sho

Jimmy will be on the roster until the last possible cut date unless someone makes a trade offer before Aug 30.

Even if it is Trey SZN and Trey's team the 9ers will need another capable QB who knows the offense to run drills in camp anyway. That's Jimmy. Do you really want our developing guys learning under Nate Sudfield or Brock Purdy? :sick: It isn't like it will cost them anything additional to keep him until Aug 30.

& I know nobody wants to hear it, but if a trade offer doesn't materialize, and Jimmy G is balling out in camp, and making the plays, he could survive the cut date, it isn't like the 9ers can't afford to keep him. They can once they cut from 90 players. And it's kinda late in the game to be worrying about having tons of money on hand for big name free agent acquisitions now.

I know the Jimmy slander is strong but Kyle's offense relies on quick release and JG was still one of the quickest releases in the league. They might even keep him under contract to try to trade during the season if/when another team's starting QB goes down injured. There's a lot of options to explore, it's chess not checkers.

But they're definitely not going to run on Nate Sudfield and Brock Purdy exclusively from now until the season unless someone ponies up a somewhat palatable offer for Jimmy G., I can say that much fo' sho
Jimmy won’t step foot on that field my boy.

If a trade doesn’t materialize the most I could see them doing is sitting Jimmy down like “Hey, we can cut you, but they’re aren’t any jobs open, so tell ya what, we’ll make you the highest paid backup up at 12 mil this year and you’ll be a free agent next season.”

Last edited:
Definitely want Trey to start but I’m not opposed to having Jim as a backup and deal him once someones QB inevitably goes down

To put things in the proper perspective...

We traded a 2nd round pick for Jimmy who, at the time, was largely unproven as a starting QB.

5 years, 1 Super Bowl appearance, and 2 NFC championship games later, the 49ers can't even get a 2nd and 5th rounder back for him.

If at any point you are thinking the 49ers should keep him either as a backup or starter, then you truly ain't trying to see your team win a Super Bowl.

No lawd, no! The rich get richer. Next LA Rams going to (somehow) acquire Davante Adams and Xavien Howard with their infinite draft picks and cap money cheat code

Brady to Moss
Brady to Gronk
Brady to Welker
Brady to Edelman
Brady to Brown
Now Brady to Julio

Still none of them can top Montana and Young to Rice
Also:
Brady to Mike Evans
Brady to Chris Godwin

maybe someday in 2025 we’ll see Brady the LA Ram to Cooper Kupp after Mathew Stafford retires :sick: (Brady plays until he’s 50+, Gordie Howe style)

I HIGHLY doubt Jimmy is going to be out there taking snaps with the second team offense :lol:

If he does, more power to him, because if it were I, I'd have too much pride for that.

The moment Trey has a pass go short, Jimmy immediately will sense 'arm fatigue':
smirk-the-office.gif

Brick by brick baby!

No practice for Deebo until he gets his deal. I hope he gets it done sooner, rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom