:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
russ owns the 49ers like the niners own the rams.. they’ll be 2-2 after MNF next week and we’ll stop panicking

hopefully trent’s injury isn’t season ending
Wish I can share the same enthusiasm as you fam but I gotta disagree with you this time my brother.

Jimmy bout to get sacked 9 times by Aaron Donald next week

the middle of our oline definitely sucks on pass protection. jimmy was hurried and pressured a majority of his drop backs. but it seems like a majority of the NFL struggles in pass blocking. defensive lineman have become elite athletes who are fast, strong as hell, and skilled. probably why so many teams have transitioned to having QB who are more mobile and able to escape pressure. jimmy consistently moves his feet like they’re in quicksand. it’s like watching a sloth running in mud
For sure but watching Jimmy I feel like hes always throwing and turning his body to avoid a big hit and it makes him so much more inaccurate. Its almost like they figured Lance would be able to move around in the pocket so lets just go with what we have and now its looking bad since we have a statue in the pocket with Jimmy

We need a Wolverine meme with Mike mcdaniels in the photo.
2D4AEC01-0BFD-47E5-85CD-D4781403FF30.jpeg

This loss was so disappointing, I'll even take a loss where we at least go down swinging. That Mitchell injury is hurting us too. I wished we could have kept Mostert.

I don’t know if Trey is the answer. Not enough sample size to judge that. But I do know Jimmy isn’t the answer. It’s a contract year for him. Every motivation in the world for him to show the 49ers they made a mistake while landing a big payday in the process.

He just doesn’t have it. He’s a good guy, good teammate and all of that. And there’s value in that as a backup. But he’s also a very limited qb with a knack for poor untimely decisions. You get the ball twice down 1 only needing a field goal to win. Inexcusable to not only not get in field goal range. But to turn the ball over on both drives on top of that.

I don’t know if Trey is the answer. Not enough sample size to judge that. But I do know Jimmy isn’t the answer. It’s a contract year for him. Every motivation in the world for him to show the 49ers they made a mistake while landing a big payday in the process.

He just doesn’t have it. He’s a good guy, good teammate and all of that. And there’s value in that as a backup. But he’s also a very limited qb with a knack for poor untimely decisions. You get the ball twice down 1 only needing a field goal to win. Inexcusable to not only not get in field goal range. But to turn the ball over on both drives on top of that.

hit the nail on the head with this. it's tough to dislike jimmy because he's a strong "team guy" and is willing to take a hit but he makes the most untimely errors. it's not unique to jimmy but it's a trait of a lot of mediocre QBs like derek carr and baker mayfield.. qbs that have been surrounded by talented WRs and RBs but have clear ceilings

the last two drives reminded me of the way we lost the NFCCG last year :frown:

Man, disappointing to say the least. I dont expect to win every game or play great every game on both sides of the ball but man..that was..oof, ugly. Defense did their thing which is encouraging but those turnovers were horrid. Very winnable even playing that poorly is frustrating, gotta be better.

Onto LA

It’s so obvious to the point where my girl who barely watches football, doesn’t know most of the rules, etc. always ends up predicting the L accurately anyway.

“ Niners are up by a few points but that #10 guy always panics and can’t play under pressure. I think your team is going to lose today”. I want to get mad but I can’t, because I know it’s true :lol: if the Niners are up by a touchdown or less going into the 4th quarter, it’s pretty much guaranteed to be a wrap barring some type of defensive/ST miracle.

Last edited:

As much as I would love to believe this to be the case, I simply don't. There is no added motivation for Jimmy this season that didn't exist last season, and he certainly didn't elevate his game last year.

2 chances to get into field goal range. This offense crapped the bed and Jimmy carries the bulk of the reason why we lost tonight. But this is what it is. Jekyl and Hyde play with him at QB. Denver was so mediocre too

Jimbo gotta be better, but we’ve got a squad fellas. The game tonight, even with how poorly our guys played on O, is one we have to get, no excuse but it’s early ill give him a little leeway although its frustrating as hell

Anyone asking for brock purdy getting slapped tho

Back
Top Bottom