:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll go with:

Montana

Rice

S. Young

Lott

B. Young

Taylor

These are the all-time Niner winners

Last edited:
baalke couldn't catch a single break with his acl guys. meanwhile, jaylon smith looks like he's getting back to form and is going to be the steal of the century for the cowboys. their 2016 draft class is going to be one of the all-time great draft classes.

why, football gods, why!?!?!?  
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

IRAT3n2YgDXby.gif

jaylon looks significantly bigger than he was in college. 
mean.gif
 people like to compare foster to willis, but jaylon was the apt comp to p-willy.

Last edited:
Jaylon Smith had the body of a Greek god at ND. The seeing eye test would've given the indication to anyone that he's going to be special. Damn it!

Out of all the acl players baalke drafted he might have missed the best one.If Jaylon wouldve made it to the niners 3rd round I believe Baalke would have pulled the trigger

Well i give it to the cowboys they took him in the second round. One of the reasons i like jerry jones, all he wants is to win. Doesn't care for no reactions or opinions.

watson's mechanics are so good. you can tell he's spent significant amounts of time in QB camps with QB gurus.

nTYcjR08lnM8U.gif

Last edited:
Niners should trade back, and/or trade their second to move up ala last year to get Watson and Mike Williams?

Son looks explosive. They got that good "protein" in Dallas [emoji]128514[/emoji]

ehhh, i really don't want mike williams if corey davis is available.

if he checks out at the combine, i think watson is ultimately going to be in the mix at #2 when it's all said and done. i read a report he's up to 220 lbs. if he's there at 6'3", he's just checking more boxes.

look at the arm slot of where the ball comes out. very, very nice.

cMhpRipUgXfm8.gif

i love how watson naturally carries the ball high on his chest

check out those hands. dude has massive hands lol.

Last edited:

nailed it. pretty much articulates everything i've written about these last few months.

Last edited:
after spending countless hours keenly watching all the top guys play for many months now, it's down to 2 for me:

mitch trubisky has some very scary flaws in his mechanics. i haven't really dove into that, but it's the same type of mechanical flaws i see with blaine gabbert and blake bortles. can't avoid the elephant in the room with the 1 year as a starter, either. I gave him a second round grade on talent alone a couple months ago; i am sticking with that.

deshone kizer is a great prospect. he definitely looks the part, but his strengths are the intermediate to deep passing game. he's erratic with his throws underneath, and if you can't be consistent with the short stuff, you won't be able to maximize kyle's offense.

patrick mahomes has it all. everything is there. he's a giant glob of the most precious clay. the ceiling is special; the floor is rock bottom. the question is can he be molded?

deshaun watson has the most beautiful mechanics. throws with zip, anticipation and touch. if you give him wide open throws, he'll take your defense to the woodshed. there's also the invaluable "it" factor. he's a winner; he's won the championship at every level he's competed in.

Last edited:
^ so would you be down w/ Watson at 2nd overall pick or take someone else at #2 and trade back into latter part of 1st round for Mahomes? Unless Mahomes stock is gonna rise to where he'll be taken earlier than end of 1st?

that's a great question. i have no idea. problem is there's about 5 teams that need quarterbacks that are picking right after us. thank god i am not the one calling the shots. 
tongue.gif

watson's mechanics on fade throws is just beautiful to watch. its no surprise he's so surgical with these throws. it's like watching van gogh painting.

man, i've been watching so much watson film that my eyes hurt. i've been so freaken critical of the him because i loved him last season.

kid throws the fade ball all day

13tYzIBwIDMg3m.gif

another one

LO4SOB8a9Wj72.gif

and another one

NSi7WLPMlMc36.gif

Last edited:
in a perfect world, we walk away with corey davis+mahomes/watson after day 1. i don't care how we do it or if it cost us our 2nd round pick and more, trade back into the first and grab corey.

Last edited:
Good stuff red81 red81

You should try this game http://first-pick.com

I play it all the time come draft time. Gives u grades and everything. You can draft players. Trade picks and all that like a GM. Let me know if you play it. Curious as to what your grade would be.

Hope the niners do what they did last year and draft a player with their OG pick and then trade back into the first to grab another.

we'll have a total of 11 draft picks. we definitely have the ammunition to move up and down the trade.

i also hope we trade some of those picks away, particularly the later ones. you can turn a 4th this year into a late 3rd next year, 5th this year into a 4th next year, etc. it's nice to have ammunition every draft. that's one thing baalke did exceptionally well.

the way i constitute a successful draft is if it results in 3 starters and 2 role players. if you walk away with 5 guys that make your team better, you nailed it. A+ draft. since our picks this year are near the beginning of every round, those 3 starters should be impactful. it's a lot easier said than done, tho. not many teams have A+ drafts very often. these are far and few between. more teams miss than they hit. if you can have an A+ draft every couple years, you're likely perennially contending for a superbowl.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom