:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think Seattle’s weak D was a good playoff cup of coffee for Purdy. Things will get more intense these next few games, cant wait to see how he responds.

Agreed, his pocket presence is elite. Also, he looks completely focused when he's driving the ball, it's almost unreal for a rookie. I kept thinking "damn, teams might key in on him", but it's been the opposite. He's been getting better in each game, even the Raider game which he overcame adversity and overcame the jitters today.
He the complete opposite of Jimmy. Check it out bros, you know what they say...'the eyes tell ecerything' :lol:
Screenshot_20230115_014717_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230115_014642_Chrome.jpg

Brock really should be getting more credit. The youngin is really undefeated as a rookie with a playoff win under his belt already. I like Trey but we might seriously have something with this guy.

I don’t see how they can go back to Trey at this point. It would only be setting him up for failure as well if he didn’t light **** up straight out the gate.

Moving on from Jimmy last year was completely understandable for multiple reasons. But if you got a 23 year old rookie who took his unexpected opportunity, ran with it and is thriving. There’s no need to mess with that. They gotta just take the L on what they traded to get Trey and not try to force Trey to be the guy strictly because of what they invested in him.

If they want to keep him around for next season in case Purdy gets hurt or regresses, that makes sense. But if they’re certain Purdy is their guy moving forward. It may be beneficial to trade Trey just so there’s no qb controversy and being in a capable backup.

honestly this might be the best thing for Trey. he was clearly still very raw. you can see the potential but he needed to clean things up. not having the pressure of being the starter and being able to take the time to learn might really benefit him. hopefully he makes the most of it

No need to trade Trey right now because the worst thing that can happen is...you trade him for pennies on the dollar only to find out he is what they thought he would become.

And tbqh, we truly do not know 100% for sure how good Purdy will be once teams get more film on him and once teams have the chance to game plan him. We also don't know how durable Purdy is for an entire 18 week season so having Trey available is a good thing.

Imo they gotta continue developing Trey, because at the end of the day the uncertainty about him is a good thing. And it keeps things ultra competitive on the practice field for both Brock and Trey. That's a good thing too.

However If the 49ers do decide to part with Trey, then maybe a good plan B would be to keep Jimmy GQ as a $3 million backup cause honestly that's what he's worth.

I like Trey. You gotta give him props for how he’s handled everything this season.

I wonder what they could realistically get for him though. A fresh start and a change of scenery would likely do him well. Especially on a team who doesn’t have Super Bowl expectations where he would actually get a chance to develop.

You gotta remember, he was largely considered a project when he was drafted. When you have a team with Super Bowl expectations and win now talent. It’s going to be tough to be patient and let him go through his growing pains. Especially if they go on a team run this postseason with Brock. He’ll be going into his 3rd season and they still really don’t know what they have. That season ending injury was a real bad break for him and the team in that respect.

Then Miami needs to give us minimum 2 frp's back if they want Lance otherwise Lynch and Peters gonna tell Mia to kick rocks :lol: We'll give them Jimmy so GQ can be close to his Bang Bros!

It wouldn’t surprise me if teams like the Colts, Texans, Panthers, Raiders, Falcons, Saints or any team with some type of qb uncertainty at the very least gets in contact with the 49ers this offseason.

If Brock ends up being that guy under center for the next decade and they win some hardware in the process. I wouldn’t even be upset if Trey thrives somewhere else. He’s done nothing wrong in any of this, so I would hope he has a good career.

Dolphins bringing it back

Weekend of comebacks

Sf down at half: won game

Jax: down at half: won game

Miami down at half: ??? (Up by 4 now)

Back
Top Bottom