:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if kap goes, we are definitely grabbing somebody.

@49ersaaron8  maaaaan, i totally forgot about antonio morrison. my boy brought him up today as potential LB. dude is a SAVAGE on the field. one of the most intense players in college football. could be a solid pick in the 4-5th round if we decide to skip jack.

5c65ec12b80f17c661d376f80ade8aa8.jpg

Morrison-just-hits.gif

iqDbjZzyneYzX.gif

Last edited:
Florida had a ton of stand outs on D this year prolly second best defense in the country.

Another guy with a severe injury past.

A Baalke delicacy.

i wouldn't cut him. he's still a damn good blocker and he's cheap. i see what harbaugh/baalke see in vance. if he can catch the ball, he is a freak in open space. the dude is 6'4, 270lbs and can run. that's a freaky combination right there.

chip loves to use his tight ends on screens and on deep routes, so i think this the season we could finally see some production out of vance. he seemed to come to life when gabbert was throwing him the ball. its nice when the QB sees that you're open AND can get you the ball. vance is a rhythm player, and i think the extra targets helped him out.

that's a 270lbs tight end moving like that. we need to get this guy the ball in space.

d5599ae0ba02bfa7d5becd69c59ecae4.gif

184bdbc6546b9a6b8871cd81b1f2320a.gif

Last edited:
Vance sucks.  He is a tight end who cant catch.  He blocks well?  Great.  Make him add 25 pounds and turn him into a guard.  

I think he'd make a damn good tackle.
laugh.gif

he's only 25. i am not giving up on him just yet. similar to the other young wide receivers like QP and bruce, i cant objectively and fairly evaluate anyone with the bum that we've had at quarterback. too many times have i seen opportunities wasted on the all-22 because of how incompetent the QB was.

this is a microcosm of everything i've seen on the all-22

Kaep%2BMisses%2BOpen%2BWR.gif

Last edited:
i've been watching a lot of chip kelly film, and the guy loves to use his RBs as receiving threats. a lot of his concepts are predicated on using the whole field to stretch out the defense and clear out defenders to create mismatches or windows. 

i know los can do it, but who else do we have that has the ability to run legit routes(especially wheel/swing routes--seems like kelly loves those for his RBs) and catch the ball out of the backfield? draughn? harris? not sure about either guy. this is an important need that we'll have to address in the off-season if we really want to maximize what Chip can do.

i really like josh ferguson for what we need. i had this dude in my first mock. i think he's a perfect fit. he's a late-round pick, so he wont cost us much:

Last edited:
Damn @ that STL gif.

Trumaine and Janoris did not give a damn and/or knew exactly what was coming, peep Tru at the top just straight up leave Jerome Simpson and then obviously Janoris at the bottom without a care in the world :lol:

Speaking of, I wouldn't mind signing either one of them in free agency this year

Trumaines from Stockton :nerd:

Bruh that gif pisses me off so much, rather have Blake Bell or A.Boldin at QB at this point.

Last edited:
Quan under center gave that loaded Georgia team a run for their money in the sugar bowl. Outcome was never in doubt but Boldin put on a show that night.

mel kiper released his 2.0 mock draft and....

7. San Francisco 49ers

*Myles Jack, LB, UCLA

The 49ers had their linebacking corps diminished before the season even started in 2015, and Jack -- who will be 100 percent even though he's not a full workout participant at the NFL combine -- gives them immediate help as a gifted linebacker who can cover as well as a good safety.

BOW AND JACK? 2 DOGS IN THE MIDDLE!

867964208.gif

jackcb1.0.gif

for the heads that dont watch college football:
Quote:

STRENGTHS Ultra athletic and can get to the rock from any position on the field. Former running back with speed to run down crossing routes and head off running backs exploding around the corner. Adequate instincts with above average reaction off the snap. Races downhill after the snap and can weave from gap to gap with blazing lateral quickness. Able to weave through and around traffic in relentless pursuit. Plays with desired pad level and leverage. Uses hip explosion to strike on the rise with a hammering blow at the point of attack. Can jar offensive linemen off­-balance with his strikes. Comes off of blocks quickly. Stepped in and was "the dude" from Day 1 at UCLA. Physical and active with alpha qualities on the field. Offers tremendous versatility for creative defensive coordinators. Has the juice to be an edge rusher in sub-­packages and can fit into any 4-­3 linebacker spot at any time. Has played safety and running back at UCLA. Has the strength, speed and athleticism to cover tight ends, running backs and some slot receivers. Plays with frenetic energy and is always looking to get his licks in.

WEAKNESSES Doesn't have prototypical linebacker frame. Lower body build is more like a running back and doesn't have ideal length. Will take some challenging routes to the football at times. His excitable brand of play will need more control in the pros. Suffered torn anterior meniscus that ended his season in late September. Medicals will likely determine draft stock.

SOURCES TELL US "I wouldn't get cute with him. I would stick him at WILL and just let him be a free running chaser. He has the speed to get to everything and his cover talent will set him apart." -- NFC executive

NFL COMPARISON NaVorro Bowman

BOTTOM LINE Upper echelon explosiveness with the desire, speed and aggression to find his way into play after play. While UCLA asked Jack to do a little bit of everything, an NFL team is more likely to simplify his tasks and set him into attack mode to maximize his outstanding physical traits. If he bounces back from the knee injury, Jack could become a high-­end talent early on in his career.

Last edited:
@red80 I dont know if you have stated before, but why myles jack? I remeber you posting that you had concerns about his physique. Do you have jack over jaylon.

Back
Top Bottom