:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't we HAVE to spend a certain amount of money by a certain date? I would love to have him and would make a good offer, but nothing crazy
the salary floor rquires teams to spend 89% of their cap over a 4 year period. it doesn't affect the 49ers until next season and only really if they don't spend a penny. its a joke.

Last edited:
[h1]  Source: Big-bodied RB Kenneth Dixon visited 49ers[/h1]
Louisiana Tech running back Kenneth Dixon, who ranks second in NCAA history in total touchdowns, has had a pre-draft visit with the 49ers, a source said.

Dixon, 5-foot-10 and 222 pounds, is expected to be a mid-round pick after he collected 5,452 total yards and 87 touchdowns in his four-year career. In 2012, Dixon had 27 rushing touchowns, a total which led the nation and set an NCAA record for freshmen.

Dixon had three 1,000-yard rushing seasons, headlined by a 1,299-yard campaign in 2014. He was also an adept pass-catcher who had 87 receptions for 969 yards and 15 scores. His 72 rushing touchdowns rank fourth in NCAA history.

Dixon gained seven pounds between the combine and his pro day on March 22.

"It was a hard process. You have to expand your stomach a little bit and learn how to eat a lot more," Dixon said. "I want to be in the NFL a long time so me being at 220 will help me out a lot."

During his pre-draft meeting with the media today, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke noted head coach Chip Kelly has a run-first philosophy and had big-bodied backs such as Jonathan Stewart (5-10, 235) and LeGarrette Blount (6-0, 250) during his tenure at Oregon. With the Eagles, Kelly signed free-agent running backs DeMarco Murray (6-0, 217) and Ryan Matthews (6-0, 220) last year.

“He wants to run the football,” Baalke said. “He wants to play a physical style of offense that then opens up the passing game. Our philosophies on personnel match up very well.”

The 49ers’ six-man running back corps doesn’t include a player with more than 900 career rushing yards. The group is headlined by Carlos Hyde, a 2014 second-round pick who has missed 11 games due to injury in his first two seasons.

The 49ers have selected a running back in each of the past seven drafts.

The NFL Network first reported Dixon’s visit with the 49ers.

except this dixon isn't a big back that plays like a little back 
laugh.gif

So both 1 and 2 picks been traded and i open each article hoping it would be the niners.... Deer god....

So both 1 and 2 picks been traded and i open each article hoping it would be the niners.... Deer god....
Nah broke the bank for those top picks when those qbs aren't even worth it. Glad we get one of the 5.... Just please don't let us get Stanley instead... Have a feeling Jack falls to us due to those injury reports.

paying big on FA never ends well with the 49ers, not sure how i feel about norman.

im just ready for the draft

I think Paxton Lynch goes in the top 10 now with both Top QBs going 1 and 2 now.

Still wouldn't mind if we landed him. Ton of ability. Needs the coaching around him and he has the opportunity to be a franchise QB.

I'd prefer Myles Jack and Deforest Buckner but if they're not available I'm looking for a trade back or taking Paxton Lynch at 7 overall

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE.

AND OLINE.

If Alex Smith can take us to the NFCCG then so can sunshine.

I want an elite, nasty, defense.

And a monster OLine.

Like the Harbaugh days................

I miss coach mang :frown:

Last edited:
I will always miss Harbaugh and I doubt I'll ever get over losing him.

Honestly after missing out on the 2 qbs I don't want Lynch at 7...either Buckner or OL. We can always take cook or ever Prescott in the later rounds.

I think Gabbert has the ability to win us games. We just need that defense going... Especially if we get Norman and Buckner.

If we don't get Goff or Wentz, just trade down, grab Butler and load up that defense. If our Offense is garbage, our defense better be elite.

I hope some team has fallen in love with Paxton Lynch, so we can rip them off to get our spot. 
happy.gif

I wonder if he fleeced Hue with his pro day. 
nerd.gif
 A pick in front of Cleveland could prove to be very valuable come draft day.

lol poor guy..

Eric Branch‏@Eric_Branch

Spoke today to Oregon QB Vernon Adams, who said he hasn’t had a pre-draft visit or private workout with any NFL team. #49ers

Last edited:
i would love to draft vernon and have him beat out kap to be the backup QB 
roll.gif
 i'd bet that little dude wants it more than kap ever has

Last edited:

i would love to draft vernon and have him beat out kap to be the backup QB 
roll.gif
 i'd bet that little dude wants it more than kap ever has
1- There is no way he would beat him out.

2- This narrative that Kap doesnt want to improve, be a winner, etc. that you have made up is based on absolutely zero.  

Look man, we all get that you hate Kap....but some of the things you post about him is borderline trolling.

there is no way you know he wouldn't beat him out.

the narrative is based on his VISUAL EVIDENCE DERIVED FROM MULTIPLE YEARS OF DECLINING PLAY WHERE HIS FLAWS AND LACK OF PROGRESSION ARE MAGNIFIED YEAR AFTER YEAR. EVIDENCE THAT POINTS TO ZERO IMPROVEMENT OVER THE SPAN OF 5 SEASONS. not to mention his own former teammates throwing him under the bus.

Last edited:
 i make statements based on facts. ill substantiate my points with tangible, hard evidence. you come in here and cherry pick comments with fallacious rebuttals. this aint the NFL thread, bruh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom