:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Townbidness [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

personally, i would pass on him. i'm always extremely leery of players who were drafted in the late rounds and found success relatively late into their NFL career. more often than not, their success can be attributed to a player landing in an ideal scheme fit, getting coached up over multiple years, and being propped up by the players around him.

i haven't watched much of norman, but from what i have seen, he's more of a bail/zone corner kind of like the seattle guys aka scheme guys.

i have no clue what jim o'neil runs. will turn my attention to that once the draft is over.

Last edited:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-first-draft/0ap3000000651514/First-Draft-Jack-Conklin

@1:01 
nerd.gif
 smart choice, kid 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
PFF handing out re-grades for the 2015 draft:
17. Arik Armstead, DL, San Francisco 49ers

Draft Grade: A

The first round was high for Armstead for our taste, but he had a great debut leading all interior defensive linemen with a pass rush grade of +8.3 in his part-time role. Our concerns coming out of college were less about his ability to make plays, but more about his down-to-down consistency and that's the next step for Armstead as he tries to build on his impressive 384-snap debut.

^trying to get hits on his ****** niner website
Quick story. I wear my niner shirts when I work out at the gym and one day he stopped me (even with my headphones on) and tried to make small talk with me about the niners. And told me about his website and told me if I signed up for something on his website that I would get some free niner sunglasses. I said cool and kept it movin. Never visited his site :lol:

How do you feel about Kipers latest mock? Dude has us PASSING on Buckner for Conklin.
grin.gif
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i don't know how i'd feel about that lol i like conklin, but i think an argument can be made that buckner is the best player in the draft. definitely top 3 IMO.

If Buckner is off the board I say we trade back if we really want Conklin. No need to take him at 7.

How y'all feel about Rankins? Aaron Donald 2.0?

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i don't know how i'd feel about that lol i like conklin, but i think an argument can be made that buckner is the best player in the draft. definitely top 3 IMO.
Buckner and Armstead in the front would be NASTY :x

i like rankin, but he's a lot better suited in a 4-3 fit. you wnat him shooting gaps on the interior where he can take full advantage of his explosiveness.

he's too short to play as a 5-technique. i think his talent would go to waste in a 3-4.

i like rankin, but he's a lot better suited in a 4-3 fit. you wnat him shooting gaps on the interior where he can take full advantage of his explosiveness.

he's too short to play as a 5-technique. i think his talent would go to waste in a 3-4.
Damn. Good point. Still waiting to see if niners gonna pay Norman that 16 mill :x

I don't even think we've signed anyone outside of resigning our own players. I think only player we signed was Eric Rogers :lol: baalke really gonna wait till after the draft to make some signings huh

How do you feel about Kipers latest mock? Dude has us PASSING on Buckner for Conklin.
grin.gif
just saw yall talking about buckner from the preview.. listened to a podcast with mel on it (whatever the name of the pocast with him mcshay is)

the focus and reasoning was more about him being a player out of Oregon than the actual fit.. so wouldn't put too much weight into it

Agreed. Unless we get Buckner at 7, please trade back to get conklin if still available or that DT Vernon Butler later and get more draft picks in the process. Build the lines and go from there

Back
Top Bottom