:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers 2024 Season Thread [1-1 @Rams 9/22 1:25PST]:::

Should UnicornHunter’s faithful card be revoked for his blasphemous Patrick Willis comments?

• Yes permanently

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • Yes temporarily

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the off the field stuff is definitely valid, but as far as players go, ronnie stanley and anthony davis are polar opposites.

ronnie stanley is the definition of a dancing bear. dude is athletic has hell. explodes out his stance to get into his sets quick and consistently starts off faster than his opponent. has long arms and knows how to use them. very smart, technical and patient player. the guy is a legit left tackle and can eventually replace staley.

AD was a power guys and a mauler. dude was straight line player. however, the speed guys like clemons and avril from seattle kicked his ***; those guys are food for stanley.

Last edited:
Yeah I know as far as on the field total opposites but I meant as far as passion for the game. Totally reminds me of Davis retiring on us

who knows. the guy is really quiet and mellow. maybe that rubbed some scouts the wrong way and they chalked it up as not being passionate? i have no idea. his demeanor is a little bit like iupati's.

Last edited:
who knows. the guy is really quiet and timid. maybe that rubbed some scouts the wrong way and they chalked it up as not being passionate? i have no idea. his demeanor is a little bit like iupati's.
His game reminds me of Lane Johnson.

stanley's kryptonite is power guys, but he won't be facing many power guys in the NFC west. seattle LOVES their speed guys off the edge, so he's the perfect counter to that problem.

if this was the afc west with guys like khalil mack, i would definitely be concerned. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
who knows. the guy is really quiet and timid. maybe that rubbed some scouts the wrong way and they chalked it up as not being passionate? i have no idea. his demeanor is a little bit like iupati's.
His game reminds me of Lane Johnson.

Nah.. He's more d'brickashaw Ferguson, skill/finesse guy.. But needs to work on strength

But no where near the athlete as lane to fall back on pure athleticism

Last edited:
I think the Chargers will take Buckner, so thatll be that.

I still expect y'all to come calling for a couple guys if chip has any say.. And our respective teams aren't holding grudges

Taylor hart being 1 of em (5 tech out of Oregon).. Not sure if you guys are set at NT or not, but beau Allen is another.. Then there is josh huff

Last edited:
I feel either Buckner/Tunsil drop to #5... If that's the case, Baalke should trade up

Or like I said before, we know Stanley is high on a few teams boards... Trade back and acquire picks

We have a lot of holes to fill up

tackle has to be addressed in the first two days. we need a player or two that will compete for the job come august.  we literally have 2 tackles on our roster. after joe staley and trent brown, there's zero depth. if brown or staley goes down, we are absolutely ******.

Last edited:
since we need 2 tackles this draft, a combo of ronnie stanley/jason spriggs and a versatile dude that can play tackle in a pinch like joe dahl or caleb benenoch would be nice. one early, one late.

Last edited:
i want isaac seumalo to be a damn niner !!! i love watching this guy play!

i grew up with tongans and samoans, so i am partial to polys. 
nthat.gif
people built to play football.

we hosted him for a visit and he's an ideal scheme fit, so there's a good chance he ends up in red and gold. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
:smh:

The other thing as Alex at the time was a good kid -- a very good person, a safe choice, always trying to please. On the other hand, Aaron was very cocky, very confident, arrogant ... Basically, we thought in the long term that Alex Smith would be the better choice than Aaron. Former 49ers coach Mike Nolan

- Former 49ers coach Mike Nolan , explains why he drafted Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers.

Media buzz. Jed doesn't trust anyone outside of Baalke, then again he doesn't know anyone outside of Baalke and he's not exactly well received in the inner circle of NFL owners. Baalke is safe as long as Jed is insecure and shunned.

If he's not gone after this weekend, he ain't going anywhere

Last edited:
Then get that man!!!!

What does San Diego want? Can't be much more than a 3rd, which is what you'd get in return for kap.

Last edited:
Warming up to Stanley after watching tape of a lot of his games. Definitely deserves to go in the top 10.

Still praying for Buckner in the 1st Josh Garnett in the 2nd and Joe Dahl in the 3rd or willie Beavers.

Last edited:
Warming up to Stanley after watching tape of a lot of his games. Definitely deserves to go in the top 10.

Still praying for Buckner in the 1st Josh Garnett in the 2nd and Joe Dahl in the 3rd or willie Beavers.
yeah, the kid is without a doubt a top 10 talent. so damn smooth and fluid in his kick slide and mirroring. really good patience and awareness as he sinks into his kick slide. consistently has really good hand placement. a lot of guys play left tackle in the college, but they're relegated to the right side in the NFL. stanley is a true left tackle.

he's an absolute stud in pass protection

this what you see this game after game when you watch stanley. shaq lawson gave him the most trouble last season, and he handled him pretty well.

he just scares the crap out of me with this work ethic+passion for football stuff. we've been burned too many times recently by guys like that.

Last edited:
This draft is so unpredictable who knows what talent will be on the board at #7.

It's like after the QB's, the next guys on the board:

Tunsil
Ramsey
Buckner
Stanley
Bosa
Elliott

Can all go anywhere in the next 8 picks. This is nuts.

Back
Top Bottom