:::[Official] San Francisco 49ers vs. Minnesota Vikings:::

^^
Like i mentioned before, only chance we have at winning is if we contain AP which is hard to do.....

You'd have to be stupid to think the Vikings are not the clear-cut favorites in this game.

The Vikings are playing at HOME, as in home field advantage. You'd have to be stupid if you think the Vikings wouldn't be the clear-cut favorite.

You guys hear Steve Young on KNBR talking about how Hill has been a great QB and has mastered what a lot of QBs haven't, which is how NOT to lose the gamefor your team ala Romo/Cutler.

laugh.gif
@ niketalker 23, he is easily in the top 10 of most annoying NT'ers in S&T along with myself and Jrain of course
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 92

laugh.gif
@ niketalker 23, he is easily in the top 10 of most annoying NT'ers in S&T along with myself and Jrain of course
wink.gif

yet you're the one not wanted in either raider or niner threads..hmm...

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

3 pages already, lets get this to 20 before kickoff like 49er dolphin game thread from last year

lol I remember that thread..

Originally Posted by Deuce King

You'd have to be stupid to think the Vikings are not the clear-cut favorites in this game.

The Vikings are playing at HOME, as in home field advantage. You'd have to be stupid if you think the Vikings wouldn't be the clear-cut favorite.
So the Vikings playing at the 'Stick wouldn't be also a clear-cut favorite? Based on talent alone, they are/should be the favorite.

Doesn't mean much though, that's why they play the game. Just don't expect two, or even one, 75+ yard run by Gore, won't happen.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

3 pages already, lets get this to 20 before kickoff like 49er dolphin game thread from last year

lol I remember that thread..
Man, that thread was crazy. Dudes were beside themselves over a game that neither team really cared about.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

So if ya'll were playing the Lions at home you'd say the Lions are the clear-cut favorites?
roll.gif
roll.gif

The reason we're favorites in this game is because of our talent on both sides of the ball. Not just because ofwhere the game is being played
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

Because there's no paper championships. But there IS such a thing as a logical prediction.

ok...is it ok to predict that the underdog might win?...you sound like the homer over here
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
...you make it sound like its a farfetched statement to say the niners are gonna win...you make it sound like were the worst team in the NFL...were notas bad as you think we are...granted the vikings are a deeper team than we are BUT you make it sound you guys are invincible...you keep talkin about howtalented the vikes are on both sides of the ball...talent alone doesnt win...anyways i dont know why im wasting my time explaing things with a homer likeyourself
roll.gif
wink.gif
...good luck on your vikes...lets have a good game

I'm a homer because me and you both admitted/agreed that the Vikings have more talent than the Niners?

Alright
laugh.gif

Then I guess the oddsmakers who have the Vikings winning by 7 are homers as well?

From the Sac Bee......

Peterson gunning for Willis, 49ers

Adrian Peterson didn't say it with any disrespect. There was no sense that he was talking trash. He didn't call anyone out. But the Vikings runningback did make it perfectly clear: He really wants to run the ball down the 49ers' collective throats on Sunday. In fact, he said the 49ers continually runthrough his mind when he is preparing in the offseason. The root of that motivation dates to Dec. 9, 2007 when the 49ers held Peterson, who would later becomerookie of the year, to a measly three yards rushing.

"That's a game that stands out in my mind constantly," he said on a conference call today. "That was the worst game of my career."Later he said: "That game for me - the moment I walked off the field, I said I can't wait until we play the 49ers again."

Peterson said he mostly blames himself for that performance. His offensive line opened holes. He just wasn't patient enough to find them. But he alsoheaped a lot of credit on the 49ers. "I felt that I was being attacked by bees in that game," he said.

Indeed, a swarming defense was the theme of the day when the 49ers were asked what it would take to stop Peterson, who leads the league in rushing after twogames. Mike Singletary said it would take contributions from every defensive player to rein him in. He said it was especially important for the defensive lineto win their battles so that Patrick Willis is free to chase down Peterson.

Peterson, of course, singled out Willis today. The two were in the same draft class, and Peterson said that if the 2007 draft were re-picked, he'd have toplace himself No. 1 and Willis No. 2. "I love Patrick Willis," Peterson said. "I love the way he plays ball. He plays ball just like me."

Peterson says he's a much better runner than he was two years ago. But he also says he thinks the 49ers have a better defense than they had in 2007. All ofwhich adds a little more excitement to a game that already had quite a bit of hype going into it ...

-- Matt Barrows

I'm a homer because me and you both admitted/agreed that the Vikings have more talent than the Niners?

Alright
laugh.gif

Then I guess the oddsmakers who have the Vikings winning by 7 are homers as well?
Son you're being a homer just as anyone else in this thread. It's a 49er season thread...what the hell did you expect people to say? YESeveryone agrees the Vikings are the more talented team but that's why they play the games right? And Vegas makes the point spread so that an even amountof people bet on both side of the spread, not necessarily who is going to win the game.

http://CasperJr.niketalk.yuku.com
CasperJr:
heard ap had back problems this week and didnt practice

[h1]Back injury limits Vikings' Peterson in practice[/h1] [h2]Minnesota also without leading tackler Henderson[/h2]

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. - Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was limited in practice Wednesday with a back injury.

The NFL's leading rusher was listed on the team's injury report, three days after rushing for 92yards and a touchdown against the Lions. The team hosts San Francisco this Sunday.

Vikings middle linebacker E.J. Henderson did not practice at all because of a shoulder injury. He had eighttackles in the 27-13 win over Detroit on Sunday and is the team's leading tackler this season.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

Alright
laugh.gif

Son you're being a homer just as anyone else in this thread. It's a 49er season thread...what the hell did you expect people to say? YES everyone agrees the Vikings are the more talented team but that's why they play the games right? And Vegas makes the point spread so that an even amount of people bet on both side of the spread, not necessarily who is going to win the game.
que?

I'm not gonna lie,
laugh.gif
I'm feeling the same amount of excitement I used to get before football games in high school about this game.

Alright
laugh.gif

look JPZ, i have no problem with you saying the vikings are 'clearly' better than the niners but you're making it out to be a nocontest come sunday. The way you're going on about the vikings makes them out to be like the best team in the league.

when truth be told, both teams are very similar in their playing style. You're raving about how great your WRs are when Harvin is leading the team with77yards. yeah okay
laugh.gif

Both teams have their opinions so why is it so hard for you to agree to disagree? You're confident in your team, i get it and it might very well be a blowout in favor for the vkings but dude...lets get real you're trying to convince fans of the opposite team of how they don't stand a chance at all.

and now youre using odds from vegas to backup your argument?
roll.gif

cmon man.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

look JPZ, i have no problem with you saying the vikings are 'clearly' better than the niners but you're making it out to be a no contest come sunday. The way you're going on about the vikings makes them out to be like the best team in the league.

when truth be told, both teams are very similar in their playing style. You're raving about how great your WRs are when Harvin is leading the team with 77yards. yeah okay
laugh.gif

Both teams have their opinions so why is it so hard for you to agree to disagree? You're confident in your team, i get it and it might very well be a blow out in favor for the vkings but dude...lets get real you're trying to convince fans of the opposite team of how they don't stand a chance at all.

are now youre using odds from vegas to backup your argument?
roll.gif

cmon man.
When AP runs for 180 YDs w/ 3 TDs in WK1 the receivers aren't going to have very many opportunities to make plays...but it's whatever. Thereceivers were more featured last week.

Yeah I know fans of both teams are going to have hints of bias/homerism behind what they say...but you've got these people:
Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

49ers by 10.

24-20 49ers
Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

21-17 Niners.
Originally Posted by x8deep33

Niners is a close one....
Originally Posted by djkaos23

23 - 19 NINERS!!!!!!
You can have some homerism...but when people make predictions for their team (normally they're predictions favoring their team) and provideZERO explanation of how they think their team is going to execute to beat the opposing team, what their team will have to do to win, etc....then that'swhere I take issue.

**The only reason I used Vegas (I don't even bet
laugh.gif
) is because I wanted to pointout to the dude that it's not being a "homer" to think the Vikings will win this game
laugh.gif

This clown has a crabtree avy
laugh.gif

So now people have to give specific reasons to get your approval?
laugh.gif
yea

fact is there are homers every where, you're a homer, there a homer, everyone is a homer in someone else's views.

Back
Top Bottom