Official Saucony Originals / Retro Thread

Anyone cop the new grey Shadow 5000? They look great in pics but the last GR I bought had sandpaper suede. I’m not expecting NB quality here but they were really terrible.

The resale on these DD Kinarvas :smh:

Lol, wtf?!?

Screenshot_20180329-205918.png

Screenshot_20180329-210554.jpg

I hadn't even heard of these til today. Personally I wouldn't have paid retail for them, and I live in Mass. I just want to see a Cumberland Farms commercial with Michael Rappaport ragging on the rival stores' "overpriced sneakers" now :lol:

Dude, where are you from? I haven't heard Cumberland Farms in probably 20 years lol.

:lol:
I'm in western MA, we have Cumbys all over out here (along with a Dunkin just about every 100 feet), and they have all sorts of grab n go food now. They have a huge TV campaign - with a bunch of the commercials starring Michael Rappaport - mocking DD for charging $3 for coffee when they only charge $.99, and you make it yourself how you like it. They're trying to appeal to the "average joe".

Lol @ Cumberland farms
I grew up in RI and most definitely remember them

:lol:
I'm in western MA, we have Cumbys all over out here (along with a Dunkin just about every 100 feet), and they have all sorts of grab n go food now. They have a huge TV campaign - with a bunch of the commercials starring Michael Rappaport - mocking DD for charging $3 for coffee when they only charge $.99, and you make it yourself how you like it. They're trying to appeal to the "average joe".

I grew up in FL. Not even sure they're even around anymore.

This is how they looked back in my day haha

1209-f_mobile.jpg

And I distinctly remember being in elementary and crying for my mom to get me these siren whistles at a CF in town. They were really big in the 80's for a minute:

fahqu001 fahqu001 Lol, I remember those whistles. And yeah, they still have Cumberland Farms in FL. There's one of the new remodeled fancy ones on the border between Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral I go to when I come down on vacation, actually.

How y'all feel about the grid 9000 sorbet pack. I like them but not for 120 especially since last years gelato pack sat.

How y'all feel about the grid 9000 sorbet pack. I like them but not for 120 especially since last years gelato pack sat.

Yeah, just too similar to a number of recent releases. Scoops pack from a few years back still the GOAT of ice cream themed Sauconys, along with the EB Space Snacks.

Dope Pickup !

Those white laces and the premium materials though ...

I just got my Sz 10 3 days ago from Stockx .

Do you find that they fit tighter than your avg Grid Model ?

My first pair of Grids, so I don’t have anything to compare them to, so I went TTS based of feedback from buddies and reviews. Initially, they felt slightly tighter than I like and could probably move up to a 10, but I loosened the laces a bit and they’ll probably break in/mold to our foot pretty well.

I took in the insole out and they fit pretty nice. Insole probably isn’t helping; seemed kinda “puffy” if you will and may be causing the snugger fit. Then again, my Ubiq Atlantic Shadow Masters, most said TTS, but those things were way too tight for my liking length wise (pause). Had to move up to a 10. Anyway, where did they feel tight to you?

And I got mine from StockX about 4/5 days ago myself.

My first pair of Grids, so I don’t have anything to compare them to, so I went TTS based of feedback from buddies and reviews. Initially, they felt slightly tighter than I like and could probably move up to a 10, but I loosened the laces a bit and they’ll probably break in/mold to our foot pretty well.

I took in the insole out and they fit pretty nice. Insole probably isn’t helping; seemed kinda “puffy” if you will and may be causing the snugger fit. Then again, my Ubiq Atlantic Shadow Masters, most said TTS, but those things were way too tight for my liking length wise (pause). Had to move up to a 10. Anyway, where did they feel tight to you?

And I got mine from StockX about 4/5 days ago myself.

I have 3 pairs of SD's. My first I went with my TTS 8 and they are tight. Not uncomfortable, but just snug. My next 2 I went .5 up and they fit perfect. I do however go TTS in all the other models that I own and they all fit perfect.

2ACBACDE-E932-4CB2-B283-FA33927F99C8.jpeg

Just got’em and they’re bangers

Those are just tooooo nice... forgot all about them from the Originators release (damn you Saucony....), and had to google them to figure out what they were. Gonna have to keep my head on a swivel for a sz 10 :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom