Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by srvballer

1 seeds should be a lock....

North Carolina
UCLA
Memphis
and the winner of the Big 12 Title

If Texas wins, yes. If Kansas wins, I think Tennessee keeps it...

No way. KU is ranked 5th in the nation with only 3 losses. I guarantee you they get the #1 seed if they win.

The AP ranking means absolutely nothing. Tennessee has a better RPI, played the nation's toughest schedule (Kansas isn't in the Top 50), has 11 Top50 wins (Kansas has 7)... The Jayhawks resume just isn't as good as Tennessee's, IMO.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Craftsy,

Would you think that Wisky and G'Town are almost a lock to be 2 and 3 in the same region (as long as they win tomorrow)??

Here's my s-curve right now. (let's assume kansas, wiskey, and unc win, just for kicks)

1's :UNC, Memphis, UCLA, Kansas

2's: Tennessee, Georgetown, Wisconsin, Texas

3's: Duke, Stanford, Louisville, Xavier

4's: Pittsburgh, Vanderbilt, Drake, Connecticut

However -you know how they like to move teams around within their seedings here to give the benefit of travel to these top 4 teams.. so there's noguarantee on how it would shake down as far as one region getting all one team.. but i think wiskey gets a 2 if they win the game tomorrow, so it could besomething like in the east : UNC, GTown, Xavier, Vanderbilt

edit: more i think about it, it could be more like:

Memphis/Georgetown/Duke/Drake or Vandy.. Which would be pretty sick
eek.gif

^You forgot Butler... they will be a 4 at the lowest I think, possibly a 3.

ASU gets snubbed tomorrow... We had a great year and we are up and coming... I am trying to go into this as positive as possible because I know when it becomesa reality that we get snubbed, I am going to be *!+%$#* heated

ASU gets snubbed tomorrow... We had a great year and we are up and coming... I am trying to go into this as positive as possible because I know when it becomes a reality that we get snubbed, I am going to be *!+%$#* heated

i've been telling myself all day, well at least if we don't get in, i won't have to ruin my brackets by being a homer and having us win it all...

that's the only thing i can think positive about us getting snubbed

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

laugh.gif
...you gotta be kidding right?!?! what has Butler done to deserve a3 seed?... don't think they've done enough to be a 4 seed either, especially with the loss to Drake in the BracketBusters..

i think they would be in the 5 seed range (i could even see butler as a 6 seed since historically the committee hasn't shown too much love to themid-majors)

Should be interesting. The ACC is so weak this year. No way more than four should get in. That leaves out VT. One win versus the RPI top 50. Didn't get to20 wins. Awful road/neutral record. Yes I hate them, but if anybody honestly believes they are a tourney team, it's an absolute joke.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

obviously it flew right over your head, guy. i thought one of such 'expertise' would be able to read between the lines more times than not.
grin.gif

Na, Georgia really has no case.

Too much stock put in conference tournaments sometimes.

What they're doing is incredible, but it doesn't warrant a bid. They had all year to get one. They didn't do it.
yea, that's also right. lets say they win the tournament, are they still a no go?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

who do yall think is gonna be the team that gets the infamous shaft? every yr there's that one team that gets shafted and it causes an outcry. last yr it was cuse, who is gonna be this years edition?
Arizona ST or Illinois State...just a feeling...the committee can go one way or another. But for some reason I see one of theses teams with the
indifferent.gif
faces on CBS tomorrow.

I'd love to see the uproar from the UK fan base for being left out tho
laugh.gif

AZ St and Illinois St don't deserve to be in...

All I'm asking for today is for Baylor to get the big shaft, and get sent to the NIT.

Yeah, I guess I had the feeling Duke was still a #2

Lunardi also moved them to the 3 line

New Bracketology

Updated: March 16, 2008 (1 a.m. ET)
EAST (Charlotte)
Raleigh
(1) NORTH CAROLINA (30-2)
(16) Play-in Game

(
glasses.gif
ARKANSAS (21-10)
(9) KENT ST (27-6)

Denver
(5) BUTLER (29-3)
(12) Illinois St (23-9)

(4) Connecticut (24-
glasses.gif

(13) SIENA (22-10) / MAAC

Washington D.C.
(6) Purdue (24-
glasses.gif

(11) Baylor (20-10)

(3) Xavier (27-6)
(14) WINTHROP (20-11) / Big South

Birmingham
(7) Southern California (21-11)
(10) Miami-FL (21-10)

(2) Georgetown (27-4)
(15) UMBC (22-
glasses.gif
/ Amer East

MIDWEST (Detroit)
Omaha
(1) KANSAS (28-3)
(16) TX-ARLINGTON (16-11) / Southland

(
glasses.gif
Gonzaga (25-7)
(9) Mississippi St (22-9)

Tampa
(5) Indiana (25-
glasses.gif

(12) Saint Joseph's (21-11)

(4) Notre Dame (24-7)
(13) GEORGE MASON (23-10) / CAA

Anaheim
(6) Marquette (23-9)
(11) Arizona (18-14)

(3) Stanford (26-6)
(14) BOISE ST (23-
glasses.gif
/ WAC

Birmingham
(7) Oklahoma (22-10)
(10) South Alabama (24-6)

(2) Tennessee (28-3)
(15) AUSTIN PEAY (24-10) / OVC

SOUTH (Houston)
Little Rock
(1) MEMPHIS (32-1)
(16) AMERICAN (21-11) / Patriot

(
glasses.gif
UNLV (24-7)
(9) DAVIDSON (25-6)

Denver
(5) Clemson (22-
glasses.gif

(12) WESTERN KENTUCKY (25-6) / Sun Belt

(4) DRAKE (26-4)
(13) ORAL ROBERTS (23-
glasses.gif
/ Summit

Washington D.C.
(6) Michigan St (25-7)
(11) TEMPLE (20-12)

(3) PITTSBURGH (24-9)
(14) SAN DIEGO (20-13) / WCC

Little Rock
(7) Washington St (24-
glasses.gif

(10) Kentucky (18-11)

(2) Texas (26-5)
(15) BELMONT (24-
glasses.gif
/ Atl Sun

WEST (Phoenix)
Anaheim
(1) UCLA (29-3)
(16) MT SAINT MARY'S (18-14) / Northeast

(
glasses.gif
BYU (27-6)
(9) Kansas St (19-11)

Tampa
(5) Vanderbilt (26-7)
(12) Ohio State (19-13)

(4) Louisville (24-
glasses.gif

(13) CORNELL (21-5) / Ivy

Raleigh
(6) Texas A&M (23-9)
(11) Oregon (18-13)

(3) Duke (27-4)
(14) CS FULLERTON (22-
glasses.gif
/ Big West

Omaha
(7) West Virginia (23-10)
(10) Saint Mary's (24-6)

(2) WISCONSIN (27-4)
(15) PORTLAND ST (21-9) / Big Sky

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

i think/hope it's kentucky. the early season struggles cannot be overlooked. losing to gardener webb and san diego on your home floor and losing to houston are inexcusable and hurt their resume big time. sure they beat vandy and tenn, but they lost the rematches, and lost by 40!!! to vandy proving their win was a fluke. then they lose to georgia in the first round of the sec tourney. o ya, and they are without their best player.

i dunno, i think they are set up for the shaft.
laugh.gif

"but we lost the rematches" ??? so that takes away those wins?

Patterson's not our best player, Joe Crawford is.

having two nice senior gaurds (Crawford and Bradley) is the reason we turned our season around.

we didn't play in the first round of the tournament, 12-4 conference record earned us a bye.

11-3 last 14 games. we got a win over Arkansas as well.

a loss in overtime on a last second 3 in an unprecedented SEC tournament situation should have no effect on our NCAA tourney hopes, we should be in.
I'd love to see the uproar from the UK fan base for being left out tho
laugh.gif

the World Wide Web will crash.

fwiw, Lunardi's only missed 10 teams in his 8 years of Bracketology.

no 12 win SEC team has ever missed the tourney.

but i'll admit it, the way this season has gone, i'm somewhat nervous...somewhat.

If Illinois State gets in over AZ State
smh.gif
The mid-majors are being held to different expectations and standards by the committee.

laugh.gif
nah they're one of my favorite teams, i certainlydidn't forget them.. but they're almost destined to get a 5 seed (and therefore have about 90 million people pick against them because "dudeit's the 12 over the 5")... i can't wait to hear how they're going to lose the second the bracket comes out and they're a 5.

I really think Nova's profile is better than what is being talked about

I hope they find a way in

Pitt
eek.gif
...basically went from a bubble team when they were about to lose atSyracuse to a 3 or 4 seed
laugh.gif

I really think Nova's profile is better than what is being talked about

I hope they find a way in

Pitt
eek.gif
...basically went from a bubble team when they were about to lose at Syracuse to a 3 or 4 seed
laugh.gif

Yet another example that conference tourneys are maybe weighted too heavily. Let's be honest though, for pitt to be 25-9 with all those injuries thisyear and to have come together to win the big east tourney, that's pretty damn impressive. I think about a 4 seed is just right for them after all that.

And nova... well... 5 wins over tournament teams, but 5 losses to non tourney teams as well.. there was that 3 week span there of bad play, i think theyprobably did enough to overcome it.. but they are very borderline still.

I'd be surprised if the last four in were all BCS teams.. i will be very upset at this point is Va Tech gets in - they are COMPLETELY undeserving themore and more i look at them.

Va Tech gets in - they are COMPLETELY undeserving the more and more i look at them.
Completely agree.

sidenotes
Mike Brey as COY looks pretty stupid now after seeing what Dixon has done.

UNC better hope Uconn isn't the 4 in their region. Hansbrough might set a record of getting his shots blocked in that potential matchup

UNC should be the #1 seed in the East, regardless of what happens today. I don't really like that draw in Lunardi's bracket. I don't mind GTown,I just don't want to see Thabeet.

laugh.gif

back to this...

UNC probably wraps up the #1 overall seed tomorrow

putting them in North Carolina...until the Final 4
indifferent.gif

I'd have to think Memphis, UCLA and then, If Texas wins...but if Kansas wins, I think Tennessee holds on to the last spot

Give me that god damn 2 seed...I'd love it
No Way. The winner of Texas and KU gets the other 1 seed...

Going to be gone at a AAU Tournament all day...missing the Big XXI 'Ship and probably the Selection Show
eyes.gif

laugh.gif
@ Lunardi now having Illinois St out after he was getting attacked ongameday for it. Nova is now in.......hmmm

Jeff :frown:Bloomington, IL):: Hi Joe - You've had Illinois State in for the last week - even up to this morning. How do teams pass IllinoisState, when they don't plat and/or lose their tourney games?

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (1:21 PM ET ) Two things,Jeff: 1) Teams which whom ISU is competing for the final at-large positions are still playing in some cases; 2) if it were me, I'd vote the Redbirds intothe field (our projections are what I think the committee will do).

Dave (IL): To answer Jeff's question, the answer is INSIDE INFORMATION, even bilas called you out JOE

sn2.gif
Joe Lunardi: (1:23 PM ET ) If you and Jaysay so, then it must be true.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom