Official SKINS thread?

Seeing the "season preview" aftrer the episode, there's more than the pilot that they're copying.

They copied the storyline about the mom leaving home and placing a cash filled envelope on the counter...

I don't know...

Seeing the "season preview" aftrer the episode, there's more than the pilot that they're copying.

They copied the storyline about the mom leaving home and placing a cash filled envelope on the counter...

I don't know...

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by eashawty

y should i watch this show? wat is it about?

no one has yet to tell me what this show is about.
Because GOOGLE is your friend
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Skins is a North American adaptation of the UK teen drama Skins, which began filming in February 2010 in TorontoOntarioCanada. The show premiered January 17, 2011 on MTV in the U.S. and on Movie Central and The Movie Network in Canada. It follows a group of teenagers through the last two years of high school. As with the UK version, the plot explores issues such as dysfunctional familiesmental illnesseating disorderssexual orientationsubstance abuse, and death. The original show was created by father-and-son television writers Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain for Company Pictures,[sup][1][/sup] and premiered on E4, a UK television channel, on January 25, 2007.[sup][2][/sup]

As with the UK series, the North American version features a cast of amateur actors and young writers.

laugh.gif
all the "cool" people always want to ___>___ whenever their is a remake of anything. That trend has become incredibly played out/annoying now.

Just like when The Office came out, dudes were so assertive in their UK version > US version "look at me my TV tastes are highbrow" posts. Show just started and dudes already turn into Judge Mills Lane

-The Juice

laugh.gif
all the "cool" people always want to ___>___ whenever their is a remake of anything. That trend has become incredibly played out/annoying now.

Just like when The Office came out, dudes were so assertive in their UK version > US version "look at me my TV tastes are highbrow" posts. Show just started and dudes already turn into Judge Mills Lane

-The Juice

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by eashawty

y should i watch this show? wat is it about?

no one has yet to tell me what this show is about.
Because GOOGLE is your friend
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Skins is a North American adaptation of the UK teen drama Skins, which began filming in February 2010 in TorontoOntarioCanada. The show premiered January 17, 2011 on MTV in the U.S. and on Movie Central and The Movie Network in Canada. It follows a group of teenagers through the last two years of high school. As with the UK version, the plot explores issues such as dysfunctional familiesmental illnesseating disorderssexual orientationsubstance abuse, and death. The original show was created by father-and-son television writers Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain for Company Pictures,[sup][1][/sup] and premiered on E4, a UK television channel, on January 25, 2007.[sup][2][/sup]

As with the UK series, the North American version features a cast of amateur actors and young writers.

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

laugh.gif

-The Juice
Watch just the Pilot of the UK original, and come back to tell us we're wrong.

I have no personal gain or care to earn e-cred for stating my opinion, it is what it is dude.

laugh.gif

-The Juice
Watch just the Pilot of the UK original, and come back to tell us we're wrong.

I have no personal gain or care to earn e-cred for stating my opinion, it is what it is dude.

laugh.gif

-The Juice
I'm telling you right now. It's on MTV. MTV. There is no way this show can be better than the one in the UK (channel E4). It's like taking an HBO show and putting it on MTV. What do you think will happen? 
-The Truth

laugh.gif

-The Juice
Well done.  Doesn't change the fact that 99 out of 100 US remakes of UK shows are fail.

laugh.gif

-The Juice
Well done.  Doesn't change the fact that 99 out of 100 US remakes of UK shows are fail.

laugh.gif

-The Juice
I'm telling you right now. It's on MTV. MTV. There is no way this show can be better than the one in the UK (channel E4). It's like taking an HBO show and putting it on MTV. What do you think will happen? 
-The Truth

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif

-The Juice
-The Truth

-The Co-Sign

Originally Posted by bijald0331

laugh.gif

-The Juice
-The Truth

-The Co-Sign

it was ok i kinda wanna watch just to see what changes they make. uk's new season starts next week though 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom