Official SKINS thread?

it was ok i kinda wanna watch just to see what changes they make. uk's new season starts next week though 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm guessing the UK version is much better. I'll watch that instead.

I'm guessing the UK version is much better. I'll watch that instead.

Looked like trash just from the previews, this will not even come CLOSE to the UK version.

I think with any show you have to give it time. I'll save my opinions for mid way first season.

I think with any show you have to give it time. I'll save my opinions for mid way first season.

Looked like trash just from the previews, this will not even come CLOSE to the UK version.

never seen the original (will watch it on netflix tonight) but sso far this seems kinda lame

maybe im not high enough yet
pimp.gif

never seen the original (will watch it on netflix tonight) but sso far this seems kinda lame

maybe im not high enough yet
pimp.gif

more or less, its about a group of kids around ages 16-19 finishing up their last year of high school. throughout the season, it deals with each person individually and what makes them the way they are. whether it be drug addiction, their mom being !$@+!#, or whatever.

it kind of gives you a deeper look inside these kids psyche, as opposed to just showing them smoking weed and smashing in bathrooms... which is what the trailers would make you believe.

Cassie and Chris were two characters that had real problems with drugs, in addition to other mental issues. and its sad to see the two Americanized versions. both of those actors look completely terrible and unbelievable (albeit 1 episode).

the UK version also dealt with religion and all types of other @@#. like the dude Armour was muslim and his best friend Maxxie is gay... so there was a storyline kind of dealing with that tension. i always thought the muslim kid in the UK version was a bltch... but thought that it was an interesting story arc. the fact that Maxxie has been turned into a lesbian, leads me to believe that story might not even be broached.

but whatever.

im rewatching the 3rd and 4th series right now (the 5th is about to start) ... but i was willing to give this US version a chance.

after the 1st episode, im completely turned off by what MTV is doing. i could care less about copying the stories or whatever... but the drop off in talent from the UK to US version is painfully evident.

in the first 5 minutes of the UK version, you could tell the show had something. in the first 5 minutes of the US version, you could tell it was missing something.

more or less, its about a group of kids around ages 16-19 finishing up their last year of high school. throughout the season, it deals with each person individually and what makes them the way they are. whether it be drug addiction, their mom being !$@+!#, or whatever.

it kind of gives you a deeper look inside these kids psyche, as opposed to just showing them smoking weed and smashing in bathrooms... which is what the trailers would make you believe.

Cassie and Chris were two characters that had real problems with drugs, in addition to other mental issues. and its sad to see the two Americanized versions. both of those actors look completely terrible and unbelievable (albeit 1 episode).

the UK version also dealt with religion and all types of other @@#. like the dude Armour was muslim and his best friend Maxxie is gay... so there was a storyline kind of dealing with that tension. i always thought the muslim kid in the UK version was a bltch... but thought that it was an interesting story arc. the fact that Maxxie has been turned into a lesbian, leads me to believe that story might not even be broached.

but whatever.

im rewatching the 3rd and 4th series right now (the 5th is about to start) ... but i was willing to give this US version a chance.

after the 1st episode, im completely turned off by what MTV is doing. i could care less about copying the stories or whatever... but the drop off in talent from the UK to US version is painfully evident.

in the first 5 minutes of the UK version, you could tell the show had something. in the first 5 minutes of the US version, you could tell it was missing something.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

laugh.gif
all the "cool" people always want to ___>___ whenever their is a remake of anything. That trend has become incredibly played out/annoying now.

Just like when The Office came out, dudes were so assertive in their UK version > US version "look at me my TV tastes are highbrow" posts. Show just started and dudes already turn into Judge Mills Lane

-The Juice
I'm telling you right now. It's on MTV. MTV. There is no way this show can be better than the one in the UK (channel E4). It's like taking an HBO show and putting it on MTV. What do you think will happen? 
-The Truth

-The Co-Sign

I hope, (though doubt it) Misfits doen't make it's way to US TV, it will be stripped of all it's character if it does

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

laugh.gif
all the "cool" people always want to ___>___ whenever their is a remake of anything. That trend has become incredibly played out/annoying now.

Just like when The Office came out, dudes were so assertive in their UK version > US version "look at me my TV tastes are highbrow" posts. Show just started and dudes already turn into Judge Mills Lane

-The Juice
I'm telling you right now. It's on MTV. MTV. There is no way this show can be better than the one in the UK (channel E4). It's like taking an HBO show and putting it on MTV. What do you think will happen? 
-The Truth

-The Co-Sign

I hope, (though doubt it) Misfits doen't make it's way to US TV, it will be stripped of all it's character if it does

this !!%* sucks.

you don't need to be an elitist to know that UK Version is waaayyyy better than this trash.

Basically they took everything cool about the original and took that out. Some of it was necessary due to censorship, but the show sucks because of it.

this !!%* sucks.

you don't need to be an elitist to know that UK Version is waaayyyy better than this trash.

Basically they took everything cool about the original and took that out. Some of it was necessary due to censorship, but the show sucks because of it.

So there needs to be nudity and cursing in order for a show to flourish? Funny cause 98% of NT was beasting over The Hard Times of RJ Berger....a show on MTV. Imagine if it was a British show at first. What about Degrassi?

Why does Degrassi get a pass and not this show?

all I am saying is, it's cool if you have your opinions, but atleast give the show a chance before you start to copy what the next man says. Comparing the first episode to an established series in another country. Where they do that at?

-The Juice
(be a sheep and copy me please)

So there needs to be nudity and cursing in order for a show to flourish? Funny cause 98% of NT was beasting over The Hard Times of RJ Berger....a show on MTV. Imagine if it was a British show at first. What about Degrassi?

Why does Degrassi get a pass and not this show?

all I am saying is, it's cool if you have your opinions, but atleast give the show a chance before you start to copy what the next man says. Comparing the first episode to an established series in another country. Where they do that at?

-The Juice
(be a sheep and copy me please)

Back
Top Bottom