:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Yea I'm sure I could probably do it but don't wanna risk gettin glue all over the patent and whatever else. Havnt done any restorations really before
Just tape off the PL and anything else you're afraid to get glue on. It's not cost effective to send them out for 1 spot to be reglued. If anything keep wearing them until it completely or mostly seperates then get them restored.

Does anyone here use an airbrush to work with angelus paint? I'm considering switching to this method. Painting by hand is a pain.

Does anyone here use an airbrush to work with angelus paint? I'm considering switching to this method. Painting by hand is a pain.
i use airbrush.. very clean outcome and you can do light coats.. no crack or chip on my repainted midsoles (yet) wore 10x or more. i just used HF airbrush. just make sure you add 2thin.

i use airbrush.. very clean outcome and you can do light coats.. no crack or chip on my repainted midsoles (yet) wore 10x or more. i just used HF airbrush. just make sure you add 2thin.
Yeah, for some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks the other day to do this. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. I can imagine how clean it comes out. Sometimes on small spots I see brush strokes, doesn't happen often but I don't like having to go carefully around some tough spots. I just want to mask off and go, simple. I don't have an airbrush, but I want to see what I can find for decent price and good quality. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know how to clear up the yellowing on the eyelets of the CG XI's (2001 version)?

Is there a way to fix the midsole of the AJ III's where the polyurethane has been chunked off? 

I've been trying to look for ways to solve this and it's been bugging me. 

Yeah, for some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks the other day to do this. Don't know why I didn't think of it earlier. I can imagine how clean it comes out. Sometimes on small spots I see brush strokes, doesn't happen often but I don't like having to go carefully around some tough spots. I just want to mask off and go, simple. I don't have an airbrush, but I want to see what I can find for decent price and good quality. Any suggestions?
harbor freight, very cheap and it works... no need to buy expensive airbrush unless you do restoration services.... $20 for airbrush, $80 with compressor kit.

i personallyt hate relying on tape and freehand everything, if you take your time and dont overuse the paint it is easy but with taping and the airbrush i could see it being easy but by the time you effeciently tape it off i bet you could have almost 2 coats on most things but whatever you're comfortable with i would suggest obviously

harbor freight, very cheap and it works... no need to buy expensive airbrush unless you do restoration services.... $20 for airbrush, $80 with compressor kit.
Good looking out. I'm by no means professional, at this point, I restore to preserve what I have.
i personallyt hate relying on tape and freehand everything, if you take your time and dont overuse the paint it is easy but with taping and the airbrush i could see it being easy but by the time you effeciently tape it off i bet you could have almost 2 coats on most things but whatever you're comfortable with i would suggest obviously
You have a better hand than me. Some things you just have to tape off because of the design. The thing that comes to mind is the AJ VI. It has intricate lines and you have to be very careful. I'd airbrush it, but that's me.

i just use a good arm rest and slowly move my arm and use the same part of the brush, took a little practice but it makes it more personal IMO but as long as it works who cares, i did mine freehand on my Vegas 1 transformation into Black/reds and it only took around a half hour for the freehand shoe and took almost an hour for the taped off shoe (plus had touch up issues after the fact with the taped off one)

i just use a good arm rest and slowly move my arm and use the same part of the brush, took a little practice but it makes it more personal IMO but as long as it works who cares, i did mine freehand on my Vegas 1 transformation into Black/reds and it only took around a half hour for the freehand shoe and took almost an hour for the taped off shoe (plus had touch up issues after the fact with the taped off one)
Whatever works for you. Sounds like a lot to me. I personally like the airbrush method. 

Does anyone know how to clear up the yellowing on the eyelets of the CG XI's (2001 version)?

Is there a way to fix the midsole of the AJ III's where the polyurethane has been chunked off? 

I'm Not 100% What You Mean About The 11's, If You Could Add Pictures that'd Be Great, But As Far As Your 3's You Can Put Them Together And Re Paint Them, They Will Look The Part But Will Never Be Wearable Again

Anyone know how I can remove the yellowing on this? Tried magic eraser but didn't work.

I'm Not 100% What You Mean About The 11's, If You Could Add Pictures that'd Be Great, But As Far As Your 3's You Can Put Them Together And Re Paint Them, They Will Look The Part But Will Never Be Wearable Again
Please see the above pic I quoted for reference. I have the same problem. I didn't see anyone answer it and I've asked that question before and didn't see an answer. I may have missed it though. As far as my III's they are very wearable and are far from done. They are the '03 white cements and the chunks are from the right shoe only. I'll post pics when I get home. I can still wear them. What material do you use to put them back together? 
nerd.gif

@beh235 I Personally Dont See How You Could Bring Back Those 11's To DS Form, Hopefully Someone Else Could Help With That. As For Your 3's Are You Saying The Midsole Is Falling Apart?

use jason markk on those and be gentle and it should help with the yellowing, that fabric is very delicate so be careful and good luck!

@rcjbbp1313 You Think JM Will Help? I Mean Its Yellowing From Age, Not Just Dirt That Can Be Cleaned Off, Well Id Like To See the Results Of JM On The 11's

Last edited:
beh235 I Personally Dont See How You Could Bring Back Those 11's To DS Form, Hopefully Someone Else Could Help With That. As For Your 3's Are You Saying The Midsole Is Falling Apart?
Easy there, I never said I wanted it back to DS form. I'm not as anal about my kicks as some are here. I do realize that the shoe is 13 years old and to restore them back to DS form after wearing them over time is just unreal. Since I'm home, here is my pair...

I want to get rid of the dirt on the tongue. You can't see the yellow in the pic, guess it's not all that bad considering the age of the shoe. It's my fault for not keeping up with them and cleaning them after each wear (which is key for longevity of your XI's btw, it's really that simple). I will be seaglowing the sole again.
use jason markk on those and be gentle and it should help with the yellowing, that fabric is very delicate so be careful and good luck!
I'll try it, Never tried it before. Thanks.

Almost forgot about my III's. I only have this issue on the right shoe. Also to note, it got this way because I had too much acetone on the cotton ball. If you have any shoe from '04 and earlier go easy on the acetone it can eat away at the midsole. If it can't be fixed, I'm cool with it, there's nothing I can do, I was just asking. Here's my pair...

beh235 & What Were You doing With The Acetone On The Midsole?
I was doing shoe prep to strip the paint when I painted it the first time.

This was the first time.

I wasn't so concerned about neatness, I just wanted them to look brighter. I also was short on time. I was working at least 6 days a week at the time and I also did another cement pair and a true blue pair for a co worker, which I obviously did more carefully. I still wanted to wear these and I have the '11 pair on ice still. 

Please see the above pic I quoted for reference. I have the same problem. I didn't see anyone answer it and I've asked that question before and didn't see an answer. I may have missed it though. As far as my III's they are very wearable and are far from done. They are the '03 white cements and the chunks are from the right shoe only. I'll post pics when I get home. I can still wear them. What material do you use to put them back together? :nerd:

I've answered this a few times, with pictures. I cleaned up my son's pair perfectly with Jason Markk

Please see the above pic I quoted for reference. I have the same problem. I didn't see anyone answer it and I've asked that question before and didn't see an answer. I may have missed it though. As far as my III's they are very wearable and are far from done. They are the '03 white cements and the chunks are from the right shoe only. I'll post pics when I get home. I can still wear them. What material do you use to put them back together? :nerd:

I've answered this a few times, with pictures. I cleaned up my son's pair perfectly with Jason Markk

I def missed it. Good looks though

Back
Top Bottom