:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^oh i thought they were mens, i wasnt paying attention yeah those are correct then sorry for the confusion.

anyone know how to take this away and I don't really know what it is I tried cleaning it off but it won't do

Last edited:
anyone know how to take this away and I don't really know what it is I tried cleaning it off but it won't do
I mean it's the bottom of the shoe it gets dirty anyway but if you want try retrobright. It restores rubber to it's original color

Looks like dirt stained the rubber. This is why I don't walk thru grass or dirt in my kicks

ok so i have done customizations to shoes before but have never dyed a sockliner before, can anyone help me with this process? i just want to dye a sockliner black so that it makes sense with the rest of the shoe after im done customizing it. Thanks in advance!

ok so i have done customizations to shoes before but have never dyed a sockliner before, can anyone help me with this process? i just want to dye a sockliner black so that it makes sense with the rest of the shoe after im done customizing it. Thanks in advance!
Check youtube, i found one the other day. Or check kingsofsneakers

Last edited:
I'm restoring some grade school Cool Grey 11s. I got the nubuck about 90% clean now.  Today was retrobrite day, my first go at it.   I'd say their was only a 10% improvement.  Keep in mind this pair was beyond yellow, soles are orange brown.    Todays session was only 1 hour.  I'm thinking I have to do at least 5 more sessions.   Hard to tell from the photos but their was slight improvement.  Mainly where the Jumpman is and the toe box.  The toe box and heel have an almost greenish tint to them now.  Any tips to speed up the process? 

Before

After

^^ What do you use to clean up the upper part of the cool grey 11s? Mine are dirty, but i don't know if just soap and water will do the trick.

edit: nevermind, I just read the posts above me. 

Last edited:

^^ What do you use to clean up the upper part of the cool grey 11s? Mine are dirty, but i don't know if just soap and water will do the trick.

edit: nevermind, I just read the posts above me. 
I used the Lincoln EZ Cleaner.  Worked like a charm! 

Before

After

What is the cause of sole separation when using retrobrite?  Is it the heat, light, retrobrite or a combination of??   I'd like to leave the retrobrite on for at least 3 hours today.  The high of today here will only be 62F.  Am I in the clear? 

Thinking of removing the sole from the 11's.   I have the barge cement tube that is blue.  Is this the cement that I will need to reattach the soles?  I believe I need a transparent glue.  Not sure if I have the right one. As the ones I seen on youtube come in a green can.

What is the cause of sole separation when using retrobrite?  Is it the heat, light, retrobrite or a combination of??   I'd like to leave the retrobrite on for at least 3 hours today.  The high of today here will only be 62F.  Am I in the clear? 
It's the heat. And I think you should be good for 3 hours but Saran Wrap it cuz it'll dry out

Thinking of removing the sole from the 11's.   I have the barge cement tube that is blue.  Is this the cement that I will need to reattach the soles?  I believe I need a transparent glue.  Not sure if I have the right one. As the ones I seen on youtube come in a green can.
the blue tube works just as fine. It won't be a problem on the 11s

my 01 black cements seem to be separating a little bit. Anybody have any tips on how to fix? I have barge cement but I'm not sure if a clean stick will work considering there's very little room to apply it.

It's the heat. And I think you should be good for 3 hours but Saran Wrap it cuz it'll dry out
Good looking out.  I did two, 2 hour sessions and got minor improvement.  I'm just going to remove the damn sole already and nuke these at 6 hour sessions every day.
the blue tube works just as fine. It won't be a problem on the 11s
Thanks.  After thinking I'm just going to buy the green can one because it's transparent.  The blue tube cement is yellowish in color.

my 01 black cements seem to be separating a little bit. Anybody have any tips on how to fix? I have barge cement but I'm not sure if a clean stick will work considering there's very little room to apply it.
I think you can apply the cement with a toothpick or q-tip.  That's what I saw on the restoremysneakers channel on youtube. 

Good luck!
Thanks!  I'm tired of using the volume 30 developer.  Progress is being made, but waaaaay too slow.  I went to the beauty supply store looking for the 40 volume which I thought was the strongest available.  Can't believe I found the 50!!  Will post updated progress pictures later today. 

The upper suede on my cool grey 11s is dirty. I heard people using jason markk and lincoln ez cleaner, but I don't own any of those products. Will soap and water really damage the suede? 

Got some sole separation around the air bubble on my Penny II's anyone have any recommendation on what I can use? Thanks, any info is much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom