:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Guessing the best way to clean a dirty white midsole (especially rubber like the 1s) is a magic eraser?

It keeps timing out when I try to upload the pic.

It's called Kiwi Shoe Fresh though.

I used it on my LeBrons yesterday, left em out for 12 hours, and the odor was gone. I'm still skeptical cause I had 3 dryer sheets in each shoe.

I've used it on a pair of foams I have this morning. I'll see how it works when I get home.

Hey fam so my 7s crumbled the other day when I went to put them on. I want to get a sole swap done but I'm worried that there will be a difference in the size of mid soles on the retroes. Am I going to have any issues with this? Or should everything fit and swap correctly? 

Thanks for sharing your storage setup. I suppose the plastic containers aren't air-tight and provide enough air circulation, yes?

Did you have any concern regarding acidity contents of the bins? How did you determine that plastic was a good storage material for longevity?

I'm primarily concerned with storing my vintage (i.e. '89-'94 models) sneaker model collection (reasonably temperate, dark closet) for the long-term, without incurring much damage. The vinyl bags (see below) were my first choice, but without deeper understanding of possible side effects.

Appreciate all of your comments.

They aren't air tight and I rotate most of them often enough. To be honest I didn't even look into the acidity. Not a whole lot of thought went into it aside from the air "flow", viewing ability, organization and ability to stack, along with how perfect my shoes fit in them. And the fact that they are made here in USA. I don't have old gems from the 80s or 90 my oldest pairs are around 2000-2002

this is a pic

Hello. I'm getting a pair of Grape 5s from a friend but the last time he wore them some one stepped on his shoe and sort of ripped off the top layer of the color on the toebox. Is this repairable? Also, how would I go about fixing it? Thanks in advance!

Fine sand paper and repaint..

That Kiwi Shoe Fresh I ordered works well. Used some on a pair of foams this morning. 15 hours later, no odor returned.

Hey fam so my 7s crumbled the other day when I went to put them on. I want to get a sole swap done but I'm worried that there will be a difference in the size of mid soles on the retroes. Am I going to have any issues with this? Or should everything fit and swap correctly? 

What year were those?

Anybody know how to heat set gac 900? It will be applied to jordan 5 tongue. Is heat gun ok? Or there is other method?

Last edited:
Those OG 7's are cooked but classic even in that condition, you could get 250 EASY! I would only try to wear a USED pair, if they're 15+ years old! Even then, its no guarantee!

You could try a soleswap, but IMO the Retro 7's have a slightly different shape and might give you some issues (Worth a try)

It'd be cool to rock some OG's from 92 but you might as well cop the retro! Send them OG's to the Air Jordan Retirement home! lol

Dont feel bad tho, same thing happened to me on the Subway with my OG IX's!

Ahh yes that exactly how mine look right now I hope I can find someone to swap these asap. Swappers are usually so busy with other shoes. It's such a mission to get a hold of them

Back
Top Bottom