:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Have a pair of black/red 1999 iv's im finally ready to do a sole swap on. Are the flight 89's the only shoe that have the same sole? Has anyone had any luck with this swap? Thanks for any replies

Have a pair of black/red 1999 iv's im finally ready to do a sole swap on. Are the flight 89's the only shoe that have the same sole? Has anyone had any luck with this swap? Thanks for any replies
I think dub zeros have the same sole, made out of the same material and not that phylon stuff

I think dub zeros have the same sole, made out of the same material and not that phylon stuff

Thanks. Was there a release that had the same color scheme or should I plan on having to paint again? Thanks again my last pair finally started cracking back in November and I'd really like to get them back.

Thanks. Was there a release that had the same color scheme or should I plan on having to paint again? Thanks again my last pair finally started cracking back in November and I'd really like to get them back.

Last edited:
Anyway I can fix whatever this is? Just bought them used and im tryna make em look better...
I believe that is the heel of a pair of 11s you are showimg. You can try lightly sanding it. Extremely lightly and make sure the sand paper is the weakest tier of grit. But other than that it may damage the patent leather if done incorrectly. Do at your own risk. But nobody will really notice that honestly it looks like somebody stepped on the heel.

I believe that is the heel of a pair of 11s you are showimg. You can try lightly sanding it. Extremely lightly and make sure the sand paper is the weakest tier of grit. But other than that it may damage the patent leather if done incorrectly. Do at your own risk. But nobody will really notice that honestly it looks like somebody stepped on the heel.
Yeah it's the heel. It is also closer to the toe but not as bad. Sand paper sounds kinda sketchy, but thanks for the input man.

Windex Work
Guys. You ever heard of black elephant print yellowinh due to age. I had a pair of cement nike low sb teams. They have a obsidian elephant print. I was checking up on them and notice the suede bleeding a yellow substance. I put a suede eraser on them. It turned my suede eraser piss yellow. The pair is considerably old from 2007. I never have seen such a thing..

Heres pics of the shoe model. Took me over an hour to clean. I dont have before pics. I kind freaked out and immediately got to work on cleaning them. But only the cement print had yellow film on it..** not any of the suede or leather. I used a suede eraser on the midsole and elephant print. The midsole was bad. It looked like someone pissed on the sides of my shoes. Also used some oxyclean on the midsoles. Got some good results.. Just offput since Ive never seen anything like that happen.

I literally had to scrub the yellow off the suede eraser. My suede eraser is white but even after scrubbing the eraser clean its still yellow. Not sure how well they will look in the pics and lighting.

When it comes to sole swapping the iv's I've used both the dub zeros and flight '89s as donors. Both will do the job. Same thing when sole swapping the iii's. I've used donor soles from other iii's and from spizikes. I wouldn't worry about trying to find a perfect match paint wise. It's better to use a donor sole with no paint on it size excess glue might run on the edges when gluing them back. For the black cement iv's all the colors you need are angelus black, white, and a good clear coat to seal the paint job when finished.

Heres pics of the shoe model. Took me over an hour to clean. I dont have before pics. I kind freaked out and immediately got to work on cleaning them. But only the cement print had yellow film on it..** not any of the suede or leather. I used a suede eraser on the midsole and elephant print. The midsole was bad. It looked like someone pissed on the sides of my shoes. Also used some oxyclean on the midsoles. Got some good results.. Just offput since Ive never seen anything like that happen.

I literally had to scrub the yellow off the suede eraser. My suede eraser is white but even after scrubbing the eraser clean its still yellow. Not sure how well they will look in the pics and lighting.
For the midsole hit it with 40 volume cream which essentially bleaches the midsole, there's videos on youtube that shows you how to do the procedure and as for the yellow on the elephant print. It looks like mold.

Anyone here ever try Refreshed?  I bought some years ago because there was a salesman at the outlet mall in Vegas they cleaned my J1s and did a pretty good job...  except hit put white shoe polish over my patent leather...  anyway they were old so I wasn't too upset, but the product did actually work pretty good.  Pretty sure my nephew stole it, but I still have that brush that I normally just use with liquid hand soap to clean my shoes.  Is there anything that works better than Refreshed that you guys would suggest?

So I picked up a pair of 2001 black cement 3s recently and there's no separation anywhere on the shoe and the midsole is firm, it's definitely softer in some spots than others but for the most part it is firm but the air unit is foggy. Should I risk the midsoles crumbling on me in the middle of the day or should I just sole swap them

I have a pair of white cement 3s from 2011 and True blue 3s from 2016 and the midsole on the black cements feel extremely similar to those

^ Wear them around the house a few times and see if any cracks develop. No reason to proactively get a sole swap if you may not need it.

So I picked up a pair of 2001 black cement 3s recently and there's no separation anywhere on the shoe and the midsole is firm, it's definitely softer in some spots than others but for the most part it is firm but the air unit is foggy. Should I risk the midsoles crumbling on me in the middle of the day or should I just sole swap them
carry a can of barge cement with you always :lol: but nah test it out while you're doing something not requiring heavy work. They don't look bad it's usually when they yellow and start crumbling you need to worry.

I've been wearing them for about two hours now and so far so good but I'm going to keep wearing them just in case. To be completely honest I was thinking about going to school with a extra pair of shoes and some infinity cement after I repaint them [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Hello everyone, my air max 1's are yellowing around the toe box mesh/net only on the left shoe. Does anyone know of a cure for this? Or has anyone had any success bringing back the white. Please help me out, thanks!

Question for the experts:

How long can you keep shoes DS that your actually planning on using to play ball in eventually?

Back
Top Bottom