:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How does the blue dye go away? From the sun or rinsing ?
Good question and to answer its a bit of both. General oxidation over time will cause dyes to dry and lift away from the materials which is why even DS pairs lose that factory fresh appearance even though not worn. Naturally washing cleaning and or wearing accelerates this process.
In the Concords case it is because Nylon does not hold dye very well ontop of it being white nylon, this is evident by the eventually dulling then yellowing as time goes on unless dye is reintroduced.

Let me back it up. So apparently it’s not the sauce but the HEAT that can cause the loss of traction. So another reason to use the indoor setup.

Hm I honestly think it's a mixture of the HEAT + CHEMICALS that mess with the rubber and lose traction. That's my assumption. I honeslty think I lost traction with both angelus and salon care. I would believe that if leaving it out for too long with whatever sauce can make it lose traction..just my own personal thought!

Good question and to answer its a bit of both. General oxidation over time will cause dyes to dry and lift away from the materials which is why even DS pairs lose that factory fresh appearance even though not worn. Naturally washing cleaning and or wearing accelerates this process.
In the Concords case it is because Nylon does not hold dye very well ontop of it being white nylon, this is evident by the eventually dulling then yellowing as time goes on unless dye is reintroduced.

Just wanted to say I have seen some cases where people have deoxidized and the blue comes back! I never tried unyellowing a blue tinted jordan yet.

Just wanted to say I have seen some cases where people have deoxidized and the blue comes back! I never tried unyellowing a blue tinted jordan yet.
You may work the reverse oxidation process however over time without introduction of a bluing dye the results will always come across flat and or yellow.
There is no blue tint, the hue that is present post bluing evaporates and whats left is the blue pigment necessary to create a vibrant white. The same goes for translucent blue soles.

Hm I honestly think it's a mixture of the HEAT + CHEMICALS that mess with the rubber and lose traction. That's my assumption. I honeslty think I lost traction with both angelus and salon care. I would believe that if leaving it out for too long with whatever sauce can make it lose traction..just my own personal thought!

Exactly the heat and the chemicals change the makeup of the material which causes loss of traction. Not just the heat I agree. I’m glad that I can use the salon 40 and try out that other 60 volume creme I got. No since in wasting money on expensive sauces I think.

I also just built an indoor setup this past week! Hyped to see what results I can get and def gonna observe the whole traction thing.

hell yeah dude did you get the Mars light that I linked before or did you go with a different setup? The mars light I got is what your boy Manalo uses. Been learning from him that dude has skills.

Exactly the heat and the chemicals change the makeup of the material which causes loss of traction. Not just the heat I agree. I’m glad that I can use the salon 40 and try out that other 60 volume creme I got. No since in wasting money on expensive sauces I think.

hell yeah dude did you get the Mars light that I linked before or did you go with a different setup? The mars light I got is what your boy Manalo uses. Been learning from him that dude has skills.

I actually got an off brand light from my cousin who just gave it to me for free. Gonna test that out. When I asked Manalo he said it doesn't entirely matter and said off brands work as well. But that mars light seems super popular so if anything probably lasts longer than off brands.

You may work the reverse oxidation process however over time without introduction of a bluing dye the results will always come across flat and or yellow.
There is no blue tint, the hue that is present post bluing evaporates and whats left is the blue pigment necessary to create a vibrant white. The same goes for translucent blue soles.
When you say introduction of a bluing dye, do you mean your adding a little blue dye to your sole sauce to bring that blue back?

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations for foggy air max bubbles? Curious if I should be concerned or not. I wear them from time to time, but mostly they are in storage.

26DE91CF-C695-46FA-95DF-78659386DE57.jpeg

When you say introduction of a bluing dye, do you mean your adding a little blue dye to your sole sauce to bring that blue back?
You could say that however not in the sense that i add dye while running the oxidation removal process. Ive had better results separating the two processes. So theres a process to take care of the oxidation and then a process adding dye.

Interesting. I'm curious what that process is like. I'm not a fan of the blue tinted retro jordans but if you can revive some OG Columbia 11s that would be fire

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations for foggy air max bubbles? Curious if I should be concerned or not. I wear them from time to time, but mostly they are in storage.

26DE91CF-C695-46FA-95DF-78659386DE57.jpeg
I used to use a hair dryer for a few seconds. Clears the fog right up.

Interesting. I'm curious what that process is like. I'm not a fan of the blue tinted retro jordans but if you can revive some OG Columbia 11s that would be fire
Absolutely can! Really just comes down to finding the dye of your choice or blending in order to create that perfect OG Columbia Blue.
Thought you had seen the post but its at the bottom 672 https://niketalk.com/threads/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back.15471/page-672
Sometime in the future id like to take on the challenge of retooling a wearable 95OG. Ive heard its been done by some of the best and definitely up for the challenge.

Absolutely can! Really just comes down to finding the dye of your choice or blending in order to create that perfect OG Columbia Blue.
Thought you had seen the post but its at the bottom 672 https://niketalk.com/threads/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back.15471/page-672
Sometime in the future id like to take on the challenge of retooling a wearable 95OG. Ive heard its been done by some of the best and definitely up for the challenge.

Honestly one of the main reasons why I'm trying to get good at restoring. I just want to restore OGs and make them wearable for myself lol! So far I've been loving the process

Anyone else doing the indoor deoxidizing method? I just made my box and doing it rn, I was wondering how long should I typically cook some soles. 4-6 hours? And also do I need to take any breaks in between like the outdoor method? I know the outdoor method needed breaks so the shoes wouldn't overheat. Thanks in advance! Currently playing with Salon 40 and oxiclean.

Anyone else doing the indoor deoxidizing method?
The artist* is in you strong my friend lol, falling in love with the madness err i mean process is proof alone because i feel the same way. As for indoor yes ive definitely run and really enjoy inside process vs outdoor. Id say as long as your setup isnt running hot your good to let it run however long youd like. Ive set some out for the night and literally forgot about it until sometime the next day, sometimes even letting it get natural light just for kicks.
Honestly man ive wrapped some soles and just ran rotations reusing the same product/wrap without change and got good results but problem i ran into is sometimes it effected the midsole or side materials. Just a little spotty in sections causing me to back track a bit to clean those up and so ever since ive perhaps resused the same wrap with left over product but taken the shoes out for a quick wash rinse repeat exchange maybe adding a bit more product when necessary if that makes sense.

Anyone else doing the indoor deoxidizing method? I just made my box and doing it rn, I was wondering how long should I typically cook some soles. 4-6 hours? And also do I need to take any breaks in between like the outdoor method? I know the outdoor method needed breaks so the shoes wouldn't overheat. Thanks in advance! Currently playing with Salon 40 and oxiclean.
One of the great things about indoor is you can go as long as you want!

Been looking for some good lights to use for an indoor setup. Any recommendations?👀👀👀
This is a good one and they just lowered the price 30 bucks it looks like. But you can get great results from other lights too.

This is a good one and they just lowered the price 30 bucks it looks like. But you can get great results from other lights too.

Much appreciated!!! How do you like your results using these so far?

The artist* is in you strong my friend lol, falling in love with the madness err i mean process is proof alone because i feel the same way. As for indoor yes ive definitely run and really enjoy inside process vs outdoor. Id say as long as your setup isnt running hot your good to let it run however long youd like. Ive set some out for the night and literally forgot about it until sometime the next day, sometimes even letting it get natural light just for kicks.
Honestly man ive wrapped some soles and just ran rotations reusing the same product/wrap without change and got good results but problem i ran into is sometimes it effected the midsole or side materials. Just a little spotty in sections causing me to back track a bit to clean those up and so ever since ive perhaps resused the same wrap with left over product but taken the shoes out for a quick wash rinse repeat exchange maybe adding a bit more product when necessary if that makes sense.

haha appreciate the man. I'm glad I just got people like you and jumpman jumpman to share that same insanity/passion right now. Especially on NikeTalk in 2020 lol! Running my first ice box and it's been 13 hours so far. The results look ****in good already!

A little confused when you said it effected the midsole or side materials. So some parts on the midsole were iced from leftovers?

Also, a good restore I just followed on instagram..@flippin_kickz does a boss job restoring OGs and ices the **** out of his shoes. Yall should check him out.

I saw in his ice box setup that he actually uses TWO grow lights. Definitely something to consider!

Much appreciated!!! How do you like your results using these so far?
So far I’m loving it. Only used it a couple times so far but results have been great. Much better experience than the last times I iced soles back in 2006 or so and ruined a pair of near DS 2000 infrared 6s due to leaving em out in the Georgia heat for way too long and we didn’t know then that the heat is what caused the sole separation :angry:

Doing my first long sesh and its been 13 hours and the results look great already! Trying to go for the 24 hour session and see how that holds up

Hell yeah go for it. LED lights ftw bro

Also, a good restore I just followed on instagram..@flippin_kickz does a boss job restoring OGs and ices the **** out of his shoes. Yall should check him out.

I saw in his ice box setup that he actually uses TWO grow lights. Definitely something to consider!

Haha nice I might check that out. All 26 that I follow on IG are shoe related so that’s all I go on there for lol I’m old. Hell all but quit Facebook I check it like once a month if that. Trying to get rid of all my old grow equipment so might use the marketplace on fb.

Back
Top Bottom