Official Sonic the Hedgehog(Headchog) Thread - Knuckles Series OTW!!

Untitled.png

Thoughts on the Sonic movie for those interested

Contains spoilers

Saw the movie last night

By the halfway point of the movie I honestly couldn't wait for it to end
Doubt anything I watch the rest of the year will be as unenjoyable as that movie was

Being a die hard fan that's followed the series since day one I'm glad that this version of Sonic is unrecognizable from regular Modern or Classic Sonic because I wouldn't want either one to be associated with this version of the character

At its absolute best there were points in the movie where the wackiness was very reminiscent of an episode of The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon from back in the day but those moments were far and few in between

The writing in this movie was so basic and unoriginal it seems like it was ripped straight out of a "Movie Making for Dummies" book

Sonic in this movie wasn't likable at all
All he does is wine and cry on top of CRIIINNNNGGGEEEE pop culture references seemingly every other time he opened his mouth all while being annoyingly obsessed with his cop buddy

Sonic since day one has always been about doing his own thing and being confident about it while not needing anyone to hold his hand along the way which is what made him so cool

In this movie he's just needy, whiny and annoying

And Jim Carry? Really nothing to see here
Same kinda performance you've seen from him in all his other movies that flopped
He's your typical movie villain that never stops talking about how smart they are while also being really dumb (And not in the same vein that Eggman does it in the games)

The one credit I will give to the movie was the decent amount of fan service and got damn Tails looked good in the movie. Like a straight 1 to 1 replica from the games with the same voice actor and everything

Don't have too much else to say to me it was just a bad movie being a Sonic fan but if you don't know anything about the series or haven't kept up with it past the 90s I can see you having a decent time with it

If your kid is into Fortnite they'll like this movie most likely too
Take that as you will

You buggin’ :lol:
word, its not even the best song from the game it came from.

sonic 3's boss theme over ice cap??????? carnival night? hydrocity???? I don't even think its better than launch base zone (which also deserves a mention). that's just me tho.

(on some real **** tho, remember discussions like this back in the day? good times)

I gotta make some time this weekend to check this out.

I was going before to laugh at how bad it is, but the last trailer got a couple genuine laughs out of me. Glad it's fresh on RT.

I saw the film earlier and I thought it was enh.

I enjoyed Jim Carrey hamming it up, the slow-motion gag and the end credits.

The plot was extremely paint-by-numbers.

I don’t understand the “good” reviews. I swear I wasn’t going into this to hate on it but man this movie was sooo bad.

So much bad acting. So many cringe moments. The amount of times Sonic referenced anything modern was just annoying af. The human characters!?? Terrible acting. This movie is definitely made for the kids.

Only good things I can say are Sonic’s redesign, Jim Carreys performance, and that post credits scene made me excited not gonna lie.

I don’t understand how grown *** people expect a children’s movie to be good just because it’s based off a character from your childhood.....how ever many decades ago that was.
I dont think that's it. I mean we have these kind of films that were bad during our childhoods too :lol: (Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros, ect)

Most of these kind of properties are used as cash grabs so it lends itself to lazy production, writing and lack of connection to the property itself

I dont think that's it. I mean we have these kind of films that were bad during our childhoods too :lol: (Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros, ect)

Most of these kind of properties are used as cash grabs so it lends itself to lazy production, writing and lack of connection to the property itself
Facts even though I know the Mario Bros movie was objectively awful, I always had a soft spot for it since day one and am always down to rewatch it for the laughs

I’ll never be able to say that about this movie :smh:

ya a lot of people at my local theater watched this.... i passed and watched fantasy island which was entertaining but still terrible lmao...

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG Hits A Home Run With Record-Breaking $70 Million Debut Over Presidents' Day Weekend

Paramount Pictures' Sonic the Hedgehog is racing toward a sensational $70 million 4-day launch ($58M 3-day) over the extended Valentine's Day/Presidents' Day holiday weekend, and has now topped Warner Bros.' Detective Pikachu ($54.4M 3-day) to secure the biggest opening weekend ever for a video game movie.

Internationally, the Jeff Fowler-directed film, which stars Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation), James Marsden (X-Men) and 2x Golden Globe-winner Jim Carrey (Kidding), brought in another $43 million over the weekend and has now grossed $113 million worldwide through Monday.

I actually enjoyed it for what it is. Is a kids movie, so is def. Gonna be a money maker.

Tbh I’m still thinking about going to see it just to see old school Jim Carey. I hear he was so good it’s almost out of place..

Back
Top Bottom