Official Sonic the Hedgehog(Headchog) Thread - Knuckles Series OTW!!

source.gif

no boo you

I wouldn't call it a cheap cash grab. They went back and worked on the film after people ripped the original trailer apart. They put in a lot of Easter Eggs for OG Sonic fans but still managed to cater to a younger audience as well. This isn't Criterion material here, it's much more straightforward.

Movie was good, it had 4-5 HORRENDOUS jokes. **** to make you cringe it was so bad. But the look and story was cool.

I didn’t like seen Madsen and Tika together, I don’t see Madden ever with a black woman.

Glad to see a sequel in the works. I’ll see it for Jim Carey alone, he was FUNNY AF in this movie! It was the classic Jim Carey I grew up watchin.

Bottom line is this movie wasn’t made for hardcore Sonic fans like me who’ve played every game, read every comic and watched every show

It was made for kids who resonate with Fortnite dances and older people who would recognize one small Easter egg referencing the 90s games and go “LOOK!”

The Sonic they put on the big screen wasn’t any Sonic I recognized in terms of personality and demeanor

Having to listen to Sonic ***** and moan the whole movie about not having any friends or family was about as far off of his character as you can get. For the past almost 30 years he’s been built up as a headstrong character who is perfectly fine acting alone and in most ways prefers it

Jim Carey’s performance was ‘okay’ but again, it’s the same old schtick we’ve seen from him countless times and in no way acts remotely close to the Eggman that’s existed the past 30 years

Baby Sonic was a obvious and cringe Hollywood plug to jump on the “putting beloved characters in baby/kid form to make something cute and marketable for a casual audience” wave

The plot was lazy as hell and is the same tired fish out of water story that is used in just about every bad kids movie, the blatant Olive Garden plugs to get a check were bad along with the lazy fart jokes and dances to boot

You could’ve plugged in any other made of CGI character in Sonic’s place and it would’ve made literally zero difference

I’m def taking this way too seriously but Sonic is my boy and to see him massacred like that in the big screen just struck a nerve with me :lol:

/rant

Last edited:
Bottom line is this movie wasn’t made for hardcore Sonic fans like me who’ve played every game, read every comic and watched every show

It was made for kids who resonate with Fortnite dances and older people who would recognize one small Easter egg referencing the 90s games and go “LOOK!”

The Sonic they put on the big screen wasn’t any Sonic I recognized in terms of personality and demeanor

Having to listen to Sonic ***** and moan the whole movie about not having any friends or family was about as far off of his character as you can get. For the past almost 30 years he’s been built up as a headstrong character who is perfectly fine acting alone and in most ways prefers it

Jim Carey’s performance was ‘okay’ but again, it’s the same old schtick we’ve seen from him countless times and in no way acts remotely close to the Eggman that’s existed the past 30 years

Baby Sonic was a obvious and cringe Hollywood plug to jump on the “putting beloved characters in baby/kid form to make something cute and marketable for a casual audience” wave

The plot was lazy as hell and is the same tired fish out of water story that is used in just about every bad kids movie, the blatant Olive Garden plugs your get a check were bad along with the lazy fart jokes and dances to boot

You could’ve plugged in any other made of CGI character in Sonic’s place and it would’ve made literally zero difference

I’m def taking this way too seriously but Sonic is my boy and to see him massacred like that in the big screen just struck a nerve with me :lol:

/rant

I can respect this. Hopefully they turn it up when Knuckles/Tails come into play. It was WAY too much moaning and crying by Sonic in the 1st one.

They better make Knuckles personality and look dope as hell (if he's in the sequel). At least the Echidnas Clan in the beginning was :pimp:

The plot was lazy as hell and is the same tired fish out of water story that is used in just about every bad kids movie, the blatant Olive Garden plugs to get a check were bad along with the lazy fart jokes and dances to boot

/rant

damn bro massacred? nah man. who do you think would have played a good enuff eggman? yea it hurt to see that jim carry
doesn't exactly like him. but If i mentioned that it would really be knitpicking.

You don't think they did a fine line on making the human / cgi connection good? think about it if you went too CGI it could have been corny.

If you leave it to human like it could have also been bad. I agree the olive garden joke was bad and I hated the fact that they only used the original song once in some bs piano theme. but then i say to myself that just knit picking

and one more question bro who or what difference you think they could have made? and with who and what characters. and I can't take IDK as an answer lol. fill in the blanks haha

damn bro massacred? nah man. who do you think would have played a good enuff eggman? yea it hurt to see that jim carry
doesn't exactly like him. but If i mentioned that it would really be knitpicking.

You don't think they did a fine line on making the human / cgi connection good? think about it if you went too CGI it could have been corny.

If you leave it to human like it could have also been bad. I agree the olive garden joke was bad and I hated the fact that they only used the original song once in some bs piano theme. but then i say to myself that just knit picking
I just explained in clear terms my beefs with the movie man I don’t know how much clearer I could make it :lol:

You yourself pointed flaws out but dismiss them as “knitpicks”

If you wanna give them a pass for everything I laid out and enjoyed the movie then cool but as a diehard fan I did not

The Mario movie coming out in a couple years is going to be completely CGI and I guarantee you it’s going to blow this movie out the water in terms of quality and appeal

You know why? Because Nintendo actually cares about their flagship mascots and is working very closely with Illumination to make sure their characters are not misrepresented in anyway

Unlike SEGA who just handed the Sonic IP to Paramount and the guy known for the F&F movies and said “do whatever you want”

Sonic didn’t need a coming of age story and no one ever asked for it. Its lazy Hollywood screenwriters recycling the same tired kids movie plot that’s been done hand over fist a million times before

I said it before the movie dropped and I’ll reiterate it here, I’d 100% take a 90 minute beautiful CGI movie like the opening for Sonic Unleashed than human/cgi hybrid any day of the week

If you’re gonna tell me this here ain’t more appealing than what we got I don’t know what else to say

The Sonic movie should’ve been this just longer

Last edited:
They might as well should of just made that ^. The kids would of loved it and it would of done numbers too

my son actually plays that game and he loves it. you bring out a movie like that CGI throughout with no GREAT actors I don't think it brings interested from everyone. Jim carry who is beloved by mostly people over the age of 25 and bring in the kids under 25 you have a match made in heaven.

I just think having a full CGI movie lacks that extra umph IMO

my son actually plays that game and he loves it. you bring out a movie like that CGI throughout with no GREAT actors I don't think it brings interested from everyone. Jim carry who is beloved by mostly people over the age of 25 and bring in the kids under 25 you have a match made in heaven.

I just think having a full CGI movie lacks that extra umph IMO
You’re using the word great veeeerrrryyyy loosely here :lol:

You’re using the word great veeeerrrryyyy loosely here :lol:

you think so? I tend to disagree. I think for the character eggman Carry plays him great. I just don't like the visual effects of him. Once again that would be knitpicking. Aint nobody got time for that. I think in the second movie he will probably put on more pounds and have more of a resemblence.

Like I asked before, If they were to do another film with humans / CGI who do you think would have played a better eggman? You still have yet to answer that.

I know you would like a full CGI but thats not gonna happen. and even if they did name someone who they could bring in as a known "Voice" to play either eggman or sonic. That would also bring a full variety of audience. ( Kevin Hart ) :rofl::lol: I think thats the exact reason they when human / CGI.

you think so? I tend to disagree. I think for the character eggman Carry plays him great. I just don't like the visual effects of him. Once again that would be knitpicking. Aint nobody got time for that. I think in the second movie he will probably put on more pounds and have more of a resemblence.

Like I asked before, If they were to do another film with humans / CGI who do you think would have played a better eggman? You still have yet to answer that.

I know you would like a full CGI but thats not gonna happen. and even if they did name someone who they could bring in as a known "Voice" to play either eggman or sonic. That would also bring a full variety of audience. ( Kevin Hart ) :rofl::lol: I think thats the exact reason they when human / CGI.
Bruh I really don’t know what you want me to say :lol:

It just sounds like you’re speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn’t really follow or understand Sonic. (which is fine and I’m not tryna offend or anything) But to say that Jim Carey is great for Eggman just because he does his usual eccentric schtick is just wrong. That’s not Eggman and not once in the 30 year history of Sonic has Eggman ever resembled that and I’m it even taking about looks

I don’t have an answer for your question because I’ve never wanted to see a live action Eggman nor had anyone ever asked for that. There’s a reason it’s never been done to this point. Of all the Sonic movies planned in the past, they have never been live action hybrids

I also don’t understand why you’re so stuck on the movie NEEDING well known voices to play well with audiences. Plenty of kids movies are masterful with lesser known actors and on top of that it’s MF Sonic. He’s literally one of the most recognizable things that exist in the whole world. It’s been polled before that Sonic is more recognizable to the general public than Mickey Mouse. Bottom line is he sells himself. You really think kids were dragging their parents to theaters because they saw Jim Carey in the trailers? Nah man it’s about Sonic

The movie itself cast Tails’ VIDEO GAME VOICE ACTOR to reprise her role as Tails that she’s been doing for the pasts 10 years

Mike Pollock has been voicing Eggman in the games and TV shows for over a decade and has done a fantastic job with the character since day one so having him reprise his roll for a CGI movie would be cake and the right call

Bruh I really don’t know what you want me to say :lol:

It just sounds like you’re speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn’t really follow or understand Sonic. (which is fine and I’m not tryna offend or anything) But to say that Jim Carey is great for Eggman just because he does his usual eccentric schtick is just wrong. That’s not Eggman and not once in the 30 year history of Sonic has Eggman ever resembled that and I’m it even taking about looks

I don’t have an answer for your question because I’ve never wanted to see a live action Eggman nor had anyone ever asked for that. There’s a reason it’s never been done to this point. Of all the Sonic movies planned in the past, they have never been live action hybrids

I also don’t understand why you’re so stuck on the movie NEEDING well known voices to play well with audiences. Plenty of kids movies are masterful with lesser known actors and on top of that it’s MF Sonic. He’s literally one of the most recognizable things that exist in the whole world. It’s been polled before that Sonic is more recognizable to the general public than Mickey Mouse. Bottom line is he sells himself. You really think kids were dragging their parents to theaters because they saw Jim Carey in the trailers? Nah man it’s about Sonic

The movie itself cast Tails’ VIDEO GAME VOICE ACTOR to reprise her role as Tails that she’s been doing for the pasts 10 years

Mike Pollock has been voicing Eggman in the games and TV shows for over a decade and has done a fantastic job with the character since day one so having him reprise his roll for a CGI movie would be cake and the right call

:lol::lol::lol: speaking like im not a huge sonic fan? bro been playing sonic game since I wanna say the 2nd week it actually exsited.

I always thought in the back of my mind a sonic movie would be cool / different at the same time . I also know when im knitpicking as well. to say that a full CGI movie would have done good along with the numbers this would done is wrong bro and you know that.

Im also saying that jim carry brought out older people to see this movie as well brother. yea kids see movie with just voices, but remember carry brings out the older as well.

and im not stuck on the movie needing recognizable voices im just saying it adds to the movie as well.

To say that a full CGI movie would have done good along with the numbers this would done is wrong bro and you know that.

546E023E-02BA-453A-9CDA-04E4B806F66C.gif

Might be the most incorrect thing you’ve said up to this point

The top 25 highest grossing kids movies of all time only have 3 live action entires vs 21 completely CGI movies

Back
Top Bottom