OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

What do you mean by this? Activist investor stuff?

The retail trader, us, if I buy Shares in company can they see who owns shares? I know they know about the large holders which are typically funds but lets say if I buy 100k in company I previously Worked for do they have ability to see the retail buyer(me) and know how many shares I own?

The retail trader, us, if I buy Shares in company can they see who owns shares? I know they know about the large holders which are typically funds but lets say if I buy 100k in company I previously Worked for do they have ability to see the retail buyer(me) and know how many shares I own?

Yes - if you buy a certain % it automatically goes to their Corp team

I once had an “activist investor” situation and it’s WILD

Last edited:
Pretty much the stock price would get divided by whatever they decide. Its pretty much a cosmetic change so that it looks cheaper.

Amz is currently $3,380. Let say they announce a 4:1 split. At a certain date, the stock price would get divided by 4, so itd be $845 per share for buyers. For those already holding amz stock, the amount of shares they hold would be multiplied by 4 so it balances out dollar wise.

So it would be smart to purchase more stock before it splits?

Yeah depends on the %. It'd have to be a pretty significant stake.

That part is about perspective. There might be a run up for those wanting to take advantage of seing shares multiply. But, the stock might take off due to newer investors taking advantage of the lower share price post split.

Dont make a difference imo. But im no expert.

I think the percentage is like 5% and then you'd have to file a 13D or something.

Highly unlikely a regular retail account is getting to that level of any public.

Ehhh, I duno if that's much of a thing anymore especially with fractional shares that a lot of brokerages offer nowadays. Not sure if it was really much of a thing even before that honestly.

アミーゴ アミーゴ Check out Alloro's Riservata, Gran Moraine's Upland or Yamhill-Carlton pinots, and if you can, Evening Land's Anden or La Source. Each of those are pretty distinct from each other but are all pinots. Not sure what shipping looks like but those 3 vineyards have never let me down, and those wines I listed are my general favorites that have held up over the various vintages I've had.

Back
Top Bottom