OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Outside of Netflix, FAANG still killing it. Winners keep winning. Should drop Netflix out and add Microsoft, FAAMG

Impossible to predict, but let's do it anyway...

Or are we going on another crazy tech bull run here?

(Not like we really ever stopped, but you get what I mean)

Tech today creates insane amounts of revenue and is virtually recession proof. I don’t think there’s a tech bull run at all, this is just what the world runs on right now and depends on. Recurring revenue, high gross margins, this stuff isn’t going anywhere. Company x will be replaced by y eventually but the cycle will continue, innovation and connectivity will continue. This is a sector everyone needs to have exposure too. And unlike 2000, most of these companies are for real. SHOP went from disgustingly overvalued before earnings to potentially undervalued after one quarter. Where else will you find that growth and need?

Outside of Netflix, FAANG still killing it. Winners keep winning. Should drop Netflix out and add Microsoft, FAAMG
I own both and would dump neither just my two cent$

Mergers have to happen at an accelerated rate soon, TSLA/SHOP/SNAP and others should look to acquire/ be acquire/be acquired. Theres too much paper money out there not to

Tech today creates insane amounts of revenue and is virtually recession proof. I don’t think there’s a tech bull run at all, this is just what the world runs on right now and depends on. Recurring revenue, high gross margins, this stuff isn’t going anywhere. Company x will be replaced by y eventually but the cycle will continue, innovation and connectivity will continue. This is a sector everyone needs to have exposure too. And unlike 2000, most of these companies are for real. SHOP went from disgustingly overvalued before earnings to potentially undervalued after one quarter. Where else will you find that growth and need?

We may find out if tech is truly recession proof once those $600 a week checks stop.

On another note, I feel like if MSFT reported today with the other big 4. Their stock would have seen similar movement

Just a feeling...

Question, with the Apple stock spilt,

What happens to Calls that are long term? Like if I had a call in 2021 Jan with a strike price of 450?

We may find out if tech is truly recession proof once those $600 a week checks stop.
It all depends on the company. Someone like Shopify or fastly should see continued growth. Apple in theory could see a deceleration (although I think they really do benefit from credit card companies stretching out the payments for large purchases). A stock like zoom could remain attractive just off the sheer idea of $10 a month per user for meetings vs traveling to meetings and paying infinitely more expenses. Interesting times nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom