OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Really curious about the FSLY play here for next week.

It's been on a tear so I wonder how it moves after earnings.

I'm wary about playing earnings in general, but might bite on this one. Small position probably

They’ve beat earnings the last couple times and, with everyone working from home, I can’t imagine they aren’t seeing an increase in people using their services. Maybe johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm has a better analysis :lol:.

They’ve beat earnings the last couple times and, with everyone working from home, I can’t imagine they aren’t seeing an increase in people using their services. Maybe johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm has a better analysis :lol:.
Honestly it's a gem of a company and they should have great numbers based on the increased traffic for their biggest customers (AMZN, shop, reddit). personally, I don't care what they do, my plan is years out. if they have a disaster of a quarter, I'll reevaluate, but I like this one a lot.
big move for them if they do it. they'll probably myspace TikTok though.

1596222044983.png

1596222158273.png

Kicking myself for getting rid of 75% of my APPLE holdings right before earnings. All of it the profits went to student loans anyway, glad I bought more the night before the jump.

Still sometimes you win some, sometimes you win some more. Thats the game. Gotta have a target profit % and stick to it. Short term for me it’s 20-30% before I start trimming or adding more on the come up.

Well, between AAPL and PINS, today was without a doubt the best single day of gains I've ever had. PTON and EA added a nice little cap on top and even my biggest loser only lost 1.4% (****ing GD, dumping them after dividend hits next week).

Now, my body is ready for a massive August selloff to implode my portfolios and make me question what I'm doing with my life.

Old people cannot adapt as fast. Especially when tradition is thrown out the window. Fed basically rewrote the rules and the young bucks are picking it up faster haha. I know nothing btw. Just a thought

Old people cannot adapt as fast. Especially when tradition is thrown out the window. Fed basically rewrote the rules and the young bucks are picking it up faster haha. I know nothing btw. Just a thought

Yep, all the stuff in textbooks about valuations and PE ratios has gone out the window. They need to admit that fundamentals do not matter and that these stocks are no different than cryptocurrrency.

I love my dad and he’s obviously learned more than I have and had more consistent success, but seeing him ignore gems like shop, fsly and lvgo because he doesn’t understand them and still thinking ge and m could be good buys kills me :lol:

with Microsoft buying tiktok does that make MSFT the stock to own now?

Yep, all the stuff in textbooks about valuations and PE ratios has gone out the window. They need to admit that fundamentals do not matter and that these stocks are no different than cryptocurrrency.

Fundamentals still matter. What’s happening now is very very short term (less than a year so far). Completely irrational times so just take advantage of it while you can.

Back
Top Bottom