OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Yeah it's tempting to hold after earnings but I'm not doing that anymore.

I’d get out too, but I can’t sell my call right now...

ImaginativeEvilAmericansaddlebred-size_restricted.gif

Ok, if one is going to make a play on PTON, isn't it around this time?

Earnings are supposedly 09/10. Get some plays and hope for a run pre and post earnings?
Yes. I'm expecting a small run up before earnings, and then hopefully a strong run after if their guidance advises that they'll improve deliveries and start rolling out lower-priced products next year.

Everyone expects them to smash earnings since they cant keep inventory due to order volume, so I think it all hinges on guidance.

I’ve never done it, but a lot of seasoned guys will short stock (100 shares for every call) on the big pop when holding options to lock in the gains. Idk how that works exactly if the stock keeps running, but it works if you have the situation like this where it popped big and faded.

I’ve never done it, but a lot of seasoned guys will short stock (100 shares for every call) on the big pop when holding options to lock in the gains. Idk how that works exactly if the stock keeps running, but it works if you have the situation like this where it popped big and faded.

Msft killing me..
Tried loading AAL .. Shpuldve just slap the ask for $600 at .07 or .08.. .06 didnt quiet fill. Ughh.

I had a call for UPWK going into earings and sold prior and worked well since the stock sold off.

Had a call for EA into earnings. Stock popped but didn't hold and I lost some profit on the call (which I should have held another week since the stock has gone up 10 bucks since).

But you have stocks like UPS that pop and rally...

It's a crap shoot but I'm going back to not being greedy. If I have a profit before earnings, the call will be gone.

I had a call for UPWK going into earings and sold prior and worked well since the stock sold off.

Had a call for EA into earnings. Stock popped but didn't hold and I lost some profit on the call (which I should have held another week since the stock has gone up 10 bucks since).

But you have stocks like UPS that pop and rally...

It's a crap shoot but I'm going back to not being greedy. If I have a profit before earnings, the call will be gone.
No one expected anything out of ups since it’s a legacy company that’s been trending lower, that surprised was a huge boost to their business and starts off a new bull run for them potentially. Lot of these tech names have been fire, so when earnings are in line or beat slightly, the response is muted and profits are taken. Key here is if we build a base. That’s needed now.

No one expected anything out of ups since it’s a legacy company that’s been trending lower, that surprised was a huge boost to their business and starts off a new bull run for them potentially. Lot of these tech names have been fire, so when earnings are in line or beat slightly, the response is muted and profits are taken. Key here is if we build a base. That’s needed now.

I'm surprised you felt that way. Especially with what happened with FedEx.

But it's all good. Like I said I have stocks i hold long term but most of my daily action is options.

It’s tough with options that’s why sometimes it’s better to just turn them into a spread if you’re trading through options on front month premium. Lower reward, but lower risk. Seeing a lot of people selling volatility right now and that working well for them. It’s an annoying market.

so annoyed gold and silver is running right now even before the 2nd stimulus. imagine what would the price be if we hit a 3rd stim?

sized down in fsly, taking off the shares I had from 78ish just in case we flush lower on the open. I added back too much too fast yesterday thinking we'd rip back so I rather keep the flexibility and hopefully add around 85, 82, 77 or if we reclaim 92.50 and 94.50.

so annoyed gold and silver is running right now even before the 2nd stimulus. imagine what would the price be if we hit a 3rd stim?

2nd and even possibly a 3rd stimulus is being priced into the gold and silver markets. We will see s sell-off if they don't pass the stimulus packages

Last edited:
Starting small to learn the ins n outs.
Gonna do some lost cost buys to get my feet wet. Any suggestions? Y’all have helped me out tremendously so far with reading material

Opti, a COVID shot in the dark that has recently made a switch to producing UV products has been rising like crazy. It’s at 0.20 now. I got in at 0.04 like a month or so ago but sold at a small profit. :smh: . Got back in at 0.15 as there are a lot of upcoming catalysts that could push it much higher.

Back
Top Bottom