OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Did they charge you $75 to transfer to fidelity. I heard its covered but do you have to pay it up front and they reimburse you?

Did they charge you $75 to transfer to fidelity. I heard its covered but do you have to pay it up front and they reimburse you?

Didn't require me to pay anything, so I'm not sure when the money is charged or not. I did it through Fidelity, not Robinhood

Just caught up with my best friend over dinner. Dude came up on 400k+ on GME. The unfortunate thing is that he sold at the bottom yesterday when it was selling off ($~120). At its peak in the morning it was 1.6M..(~$450?)

I was absolutely shook when he told me. I'm so happy for him, but he is still bummed out for selling because he doesn't believe the real squeezed has happened yet.

This week was life changing for a lot of people.

Just caught up with my best friend over dinner. Dude came up on 400k+ on GME. The unfortunate thing is that he sold at the bottom yesterday when it was selling off ($~120). At its peak in the morning it was 1.6M..(~$450?)

I was absolutely shook when he told me. I'm so happy for him, but he is still bummed out for selling because he doesn't believe the real squeezed has happened yet.

That's dope AF for your boy but for him to have made $400k he had to have been doing pretty well financially already. If you jumped in early when the rumors of this shorting were spreading, stock was at $80. Even if you sold at $360, to have pulled out with $400k you would own a little over 1100 shares which would mean his initial investment was $80k+

That's dope AF for your boy but for him to have made $400k he had to have been doing pretty well financially already. If you jumped in early when the rumors of this shorting were spreading, stock was at $80. Even if you sold at $360, to have pulled out with $400k you would own a little over 1100 shares which would mean his initial investment was $80k+
He got in during december when it was $20 and had I believe 25 contracts + 1k shares?

So, no his initial investment was not 80k it was probably ~1/4th of that if I remember correctly?

He got in during december when it was $20 and had I believe 25 contracts + 1k shares?

So, no his initial investment was not 80k it was probably ~1/4th of that if I remember correctly?

Ahhh I see. That's dope then. Glad he was able to come up so big. Rich investors make millions all the time off stocks like this so it's nice to see a working man get lucky for once.

📜:emoji_raised_hands: ...jk he came up

Hold the line! And risk everything to prove to some neck beard that you have diamond hands but refuse to pay $75 to get out of Robinhood. Hilarity. Just remember, retail traders don’t move markets. Hedge funds DL and when the hedge funds pull the bid, it will cascade and waterfall and they will be aggressively short on top of it making far more money than they lost during the squeeze. Do not average down, do not hold the ******* line, just make money and manage risk.

I'm always actively reading the thread, but not actually posting, as I've been trading for only a few years now and still learning from different resources for my long term plays, and am hoping this thread can gain some normalcy soon. It's not like a reddit where there's separate talk for different styles of trading, so the info right now is just all over the place. Even crypto talk in here lol

Hold the line! And risk everything to prove to some neck beard that you have diamond hands but refuse to pay $75 to get out of Robinhood. Hilarity. Just remember, retail traders don’t move markets. Hedge funds DL and when the hedge funds pull the bid, it will cascade and waterfall and they will be aggressively short on top of it making far more money than they lost during the squeeze. Do not average down, do not hold the ****ing line, just make money and manage risk.

I had an entire convo I my DM’s
About this stick it to the man narrative
At this point it think it’s hedge fund vs hedge fund mirror match
With the common investor along for the ride

I find it crazy how no one want to point out that know they have a higher price to short it from

Same thing happened with Kodak and Volkswagen

But I want to hear from the GameStop employee who has been stacking shares for a while not even knowing what going on just getting it deducted from his check

Dudes on the internet acting like they are doing this for the love of GameStop as if we haven’t been complaining and making fun of their trade in policy for years 😂😂😂😂😂

Boy stop you saw a opportunity and took it like any person would do 😂😂😂😂🤷🏾‍♂️

Looking at my portfolio allocations today and my top 7 (out of 16 total positions)are basically 80% of my book
Roku 25%
shop 15%
tdoc 10%
nvda 10%
aapl 8%
Dis 6%
Pins 5%

one thing I wanted to focus on for 2021 was to own my conviction and put my money behind it and I think at this point having 16 positions instead of 20 has allowed me to own my conviction more. Ideally I want SQ to hit a 5% allocation.

aside from apple and Disney in my top which are my safety stocks, I think each of those stocks, as well as square, has 1 trillion dollar potential as a best case and that’s my focus for the next decade. Own the new trillion dollar companies at a higher allocation as well as finding the best next 100 billion dollar company at a smaller allocation (FSLY, nvta, pins, GDRX, maybe IPOE we’ll see).We’ll see how this worked out in ten years. If it goes to plan, I’ll be 40 with potentially a million dollar portfolio and that’s pretty dope. I don’t mind missing out on instant gratification, I want to create a life changing opportunity for my family over the next 10 years and focus on consistency.

Last edited:
I’ve definitely learned that consolidating your portfolio into less companies is better than throwing a little money at every single company that looks good.

Conviction is key! Everything is hype on the internet. If you just move your money to the latest hype, you won’t win like you should. Key is to accumulate the stocks you believe in before the hype takes over.

I’m an investor. I don’t have the time or energy to be a constant day trader. Stocks are supposed to be a way for me to upgrade my life. I don’t want it to be the only thing I’m thinking about at all moments. Constantly checking my apps and stressing about prices. I’m a deposit and forget about it kind of person.

I think the hurt to the billionaires is exaggerated, but it isn't entirely untrue. There are a handful of people who have been devastated by this. So **** um, that's why.

I think the point of the WSB boys is to recklessly exploit the hypocrisy of the market. It really isn't about making money. Obviously I only visit the sub for the lulz because if I seriously believed they were legit investors I would be a GME millionaire right now talking big ****. To be clear, they have plenty of legit plays. I would be a TSLA millionaire if I listened to them from jump.

You have to have perspective. Don't ******* buy GME right now. But holding what you have isn't the worst strategy if you got in late. The float won't shake out for another week. As for me, I'd take profits if I'm at anything higher than 3x or if my shares were over 10.

Last edited:
Looking at my portfolio allocations today and my top 7 (out of 16 total positions)are basically 80% of my book
Roku 25%
shop 15%
tdoc 10%
nvda 10%
aapl 8%
Dis 6%
Pins 5%

one thing I wanted to focus on for 2021 was to own my conviction and put my money behind it and I think at this point having 16 positions instead of 20 has allowed me to own my conviction more. Ideally I want SQ to hit a 5% allocation.

aside from apple and Disney in my top which are my safety stocks, I think each of those stocks, as well as square, has 1 trillion dollar potential as a best case and that’s my focus for the next decade. Own the new trillion dollar companies at a higher allocation as well as finding the best next 100 billion dollar company at a smaller allocation (FSLY, nvta, pins, GDRX, maybe IPOE we’ll see).We’ll see how this worked out in ten years. If it goes to plan, I’ll be 40 with potentially a million dollar portfolio and that’s pretty dope. I don’t mind missing out on instant gratification, I want to create a life changing opportunity for my family over the next 10 years and focus on consistency.
Or you can...hear me out man...sell everything and buy GME and be having sex with your wife’s boyfriend by next week on the moon.

I’ve definitely learned that consolidating your portfolio into less companies is better than throwing a little money at every single company that looks good.

Conviction is key! Everything is hype on the internet. If you just move your money to the latest hype, you won’t win like you should. Key is to accumulate the stocks you believe in before the hype takes over.

I’m an investor. I don’t have the time or energy to be a constant day trader. Stocks are supposed to be a way for me to upgrade my life. I don’t want it to be the only thing I’m thinking about at all moments. Constantly checking my apps and stressing about prices. I’m a deposit and forget about it kind of person.

And that’s the perfect way to look at it on how you personally play the market

Because as I option trader bruh
This **** is time consuming (facts)
Sometimes I knock **** out before 11 and sometimes I might have to wait until the end of the day for the setup to be there

Literally yesterday I was done before noon
Then I took a nap woke up (on my own ) 30 minutes before market close
And bought and sold some puts

It’s so many ways you can play this market
Some more risky than others
But they all need a plan

I like to swing trade with volume in my ROTH and DCA and hold in my brokerage account. I’m not making plays on anything too speculative or volatile in my regular brokerage account. Being able to quickly lock in gains or limit losses tax free in the ROTH is key to me.

What’s people’s tips or strategies to slowly building up in established stocks like Apple, etc? I want to put a steady stream, but the scope of it is a little intimidating.

Basically starting from scratch. It’s the first time in my adult life, that I’m at a steady income + got a good chunk saved already and am financially secure

Just looking for tips or strategies for me to consider.

What’s people’s tips or strategies to slowly building up in established stocks like Apple, etc? I want to put a steady stream, but the scope of it is a little intimidating.

Basically starting from scratch. It’s the first time in my adult life, that I’m at a steady income + got a good chunk saved already and am financially secure

There are varying perspectives on entry right now.

My take is that this market is extremely bloated. Even Apple is not worth its current price and we should see a significant drawdown at some point in the near to medium future. That being said, you have to start somewhere, and I get that, so my suggestion would be to consistently contribute to a market ETF like VOO or QQQ for big techs. This is a set it and forget it type strategy. You will see a huge dip when the correction happens but that is why you also want to hedge. I'll try to find a simple video that explains this but maybe johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm has material or a how-to already developed.

Last edited:

Dump it all into the d’angelo Russell stock

To me the entry point in established stocks thatll still be around and hopefully still growing in the next 2, 5, 10 years doesn’t matter. The AAPL, AMZN, SHOP etc. I treat these as my savings account. Just get in, set it and forget it. Why would i ever need to access my savings account (currently 0.5% interest) unless im buying property or due to an emergency. I still consider myself learning everyday, but taking literally 90% out of my Marcus savings account and depositing it into Schwab was one of the better decisions I made financially. I’ve been steady making an extra 1-2k per month since July due to these initial investments and to me that’s what I need to help pay my student loans (180k) off faster. I see a dip that I’ll like I’ll keep depositing.

It took the pandemic for me to pick up a bunch of books to learn the markets (both technically andfundamentally). I tend to lean more towards fundamentals and financial statements, but you absolutely have to know how to somewhat read charts if you want bigger growth. I’m still learning tips and tricks here and there and definitely consider myself a beginner.

Currently my portfolio is allocated into....

50% “safest” long term holds = AAPL, ROKU, FB, SHOP. I don’t even care to look at these, I’ll check in 2+ years.

30% “relatively safe” holds = PINS, TDOC, TSLA larger potential for growth I don’t touch these either.

15% “potential growth” holds = DKNG, IPOE, CURI

5% “gamble” in and out trades; risky dumb stuff = currently AMC

There are varying perspectives on entry right now.

My take is that this market is extremely bloated. Even Apple is not worth its current price and we should see a significant drawdown at some point in the near to medium future. That being said, you have to start somewhere, and I get that, so my suggestion would be to consistently contribute to a market ETF like VOO or QQQ for big techs. This is a set it and forget it type strategy. You will see a huge dip when the correction happens but that is why you also want to hedge. I'll try to find a simple video that explains this but maybe johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm has material or a how-to already developed.

dollar cost average is fine also. Just depends if it’s set it and forget it money or fun money you don’t mind losing.

everyone’s been saying that about the market for years now. Maybe last year with Covid was the dip but who knows. This thing keeps hitting record numbers monthly and waiting for the dip would have costed.

Time in the market beats timing the market.

that being said I do think we’re due for a correction but then again I’ve said that for years.

To me the entry point in established stocks thatll still be around and hopefully still growing in the next 2, 5, 10 years doesn’t matter. The AAPL, AMZN, SHOP etc. I treat these as my savings account. Just get in, set it and forget it. Why would i ever need to access my savings account (currently 0.5% interest) unless im buying property or due to an emergency. I still consider myself learning everyday, but taking literally 90% out of my Marcus savings account and depositing it into Schwab was one of the better decisions I made financially. I’ve been steady making an extra 1-2k per month since July due to these initial investments and to me that’s what I need to help pay my student loans (180k) off faster. I see a dip that I’ll like I’ll keep depositing.

It took the pandemic for me to pick up a bunch of books to learn the markets (both technically andfundamentally). I tend to lean more towards fundamentals and financial statements, but you absolutely have to know how to somewhat read charts if you want bigger growth. I’m still learning tips and tricks here and there and definitely consider myself a beginner.

Currently my portfolio is allocated into....

50% “safest” long term holds = AAPL, ROKU, FB, SHOP. I don’t even care to look at these, I’ll check in 2+ years.

30% “relatively safe” holds = PINS, TDOC, TSLA larger potential for growth I don’t touch these either.

15% “potential growth” holds = DKNG, IPOE, CURI

5% “gamble” in and out trades; risky dumb stuff = currently AMC
Pass those books in my DM

Back
Top Bottom