OFFICIAL Super Bowl XLIX Thread | Patriots 28 - Seahawks 24 | Great Game, Crazy Finish | Congrats to

Who Will Win Super Bowl XLIX

• Seahawks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First time here in a minute. 

Trying to make Russell Wilson more than what he is bit them in the ***. Should have given it to Lynch. 

Good luck getting over it Seattle fans. I still haven't gotten over the 9ers not giving it to Gore after he had been killing the Raven defense. 

Last edited:
I completely understand PCs reasoning for that pass. If it was an incomplete, they would have got in it, giving the pats the ball back with like 10 seconds left, that would have been bittersweet for me to see Brady go out like that again.

And shoutout to the dude who gave respect where respect is due. No one was scoring on Seattle this whole season. To put up points on that defense like that was an achievement. Ive never seen a team move the ball on offense like that. Brady was picked off 2 times, and I think 2 INT was his total for the entire post season during his career...crazy.

Nah Tom has a few

Irvin
laugh.gif
roll.gif

mean.gif

Gained a TON of respect for Edelman during this playoff run.
That horse face guy looked terrible when asked about how it would feel.

Carol said that they were wasting that play so they could run the clock down and win the game on 3rd or 4th down.....  OK?  So wouldn't you want to run the ******* ball in a scenario where you want to waste a down and run clock? 

what kind of explanation is that :rofl: :rofl:

yeah such a dumb explanation. makes no sense. dude just got too cocky and ended up short. he's still in shock from that explanation

Naw, it makes sense. It was only 25 ticks left and he only had 1 timeout left. That play results in a touchdown or an incompletion 99.99 times out of 100. If they score, great. If it's incomplete, no big deal, you still have 1 timeout and 20 seconds to work with. You can now run on third, and if you don't get in, you still have a timeout to use and a due or die 4th down coming up where you can run or pass.

I understand the reasoning behind the play call, but I will never agree with it.

So much to digest from last night's game...

Woke up feeling good as **** though.

The instant reaction to Seattle's last play was definitely warranted. I don't think Malcolm Butler & Brandon Browner are getting enough credit for how they bullied their way to securing the win though. Belichick also took a very calculated risk and it worked in their favor.

Watch it again.

SerpentineFlawlessDeinonychus.gif

I think by now we should all know it was supposed to be a pick play. Pats were playing man-to-man and Jermaine Kearse (#15) was supposed to take his guy out (Brandon Browner, #39) and also Ricardo Lockette's guy (Malcolm Butler, #21) on the pick so Lockette (#83) could be wide open on a slant route. Browner blew up the pick by jamming Kearse at the line and disrupted his route. Malcolm Butler said he correctly diagnosed the play from practice and previous game tape, so he knew where Russ wanted to go w/ the ball. After the jam from Browner, Butler was open to jump Lockette's route and made an aggressive move to take that **** from them.

It really was a perfect storm of events. Horrendous play call, excellent defense from Browner jamming Kearse, bad throw by Russ, great read & reaction from Butler.

I get that the story will always be Pete/Bevell failing at the end, but there was so much more to it than that.

Yup. That's because he read the formation and knew where Russ was going w/ before the snap. He said he was prepared for it from previous tape & practice. As a defense that plays a lot of man-to-man, they had to be ready and he made the damn thing happen when the time came. Even though he read it correctly, he still needed Browner to blow up the pick and jam Kearse. That way he has free reign to jump Lockette's route. Russ also helped them out by throwing a bad pass.

Also avenged himself from that ridiculous Kearse catch...Butler actually played good D on that too and made a nice effort for an INT. But then the ball started bouncing around, the Pats safety (Duron Harmon) pulled up, and we all know what happened next.

when kearse caught that ball...literally went down on one knee and said, "not ******* again. not again!"

thank god for butler coming through :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom