Official Supreme Thread Vol:SS24 Week week 12 30th Anniversary

Cross Bogo and Burberry denim 6 panel today
IMG_9853.jpeg

A comparison nobody asked for…

MIJ Selvedge Denim (‘23 Top, Right vs ‘24 Bottom, Left)

I was hoping the ‘24 pair was going to be much lighter, but honestly they’re kind of similar to me. The ‘23 does appear more dirty and the ‘24 is more distressed.

Not sure if I should keep or not. They removed the black pair from the site, which I would’ve returned these and grabbed those instead. But also need the Margiela Double Knees >D

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

A comparison nobody asked for…

MIJ Selvedge Denim (‘23 Top, Right vs ‘24 Bottom, Left)

I was hoping the ‘24 pair was going to be much lighter, but honestly they’re kind of similar to me. The ‘23 does appear more dirty and the ‘24 is more distressed.

Not sure if I should keep or not. They removed the black pair from the site, which I would’ve returned these and grabbed those instead. But also need the Margiela Double Knees >D

IMG_4047.jpeg

IMG_4048.jpeg

IMG_4053.jpeg

Pre-aged selvedge always feels weird to me. Isn't the whole point of buying selvedge to have a pair of raw denim that you are aging on your own and molding to your body? It'd be like buying boots or sneakers that are already beat up or a car that's rusting out. Don't get it. If wear is visible, I want to know where it came from and to be evidence of what I've done in them. Then again, I have shorter legs, so any jeans with any sort of fake wear or aging always looked weird on me because the highest wear areas would be on my shins and not my knees.

Pre-aged selvedge always feels weird to me. Isn't the whole point of buying selvedge to have a pair of raw denim that you are aging on your own and molding to your body? It'd be like buying boots or sneakers that are already beat up or a car that's rusting out. Don't get it. If wear is visible, I want to know where it came from and to be evidence of what I've done in them. Then again, I have shorter legs, so any jeans with any sort of fake wear or aging always looked weird on me because the highest wear areas would be on my shins and not my knees.

I feel you on that. I personally don’t have the dedication/time to wear raw denim like that to have a certain look.

I just like the fades/distress these specific jeans have, being selvedge (as most denim aren’t), and made in Japan topped it off for me to cop (+ it’s Supreme hence why we are all here).

I feel you on that. I personally don’t have the dedication/time to wear raw denim like that to have a certain look.

I just like the fades/distress these specific jeans have, being selvedge (as most denim aren’t), and made in Japan topped it off for me to cop (+ it’s Supreme hence why we are all here).
How baggy are those suoreme selvedge? Leg opening? I'd cop, I just think they make em too wide for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom