Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

i looked it up it , it tells me status not available please wait 4-6 weeks. i did efile tho thats why im tripping out. 

When did you file? If it's been 21 days, I'd say call the IRS.

I filed through turbotax on 2/7 and got accepted the same night. Had processing until 2/13 and then I got approved with a direct deposit date of 2/18. Essentially a 10 day turn around time for me.

When did you file? If it's been 21 days, I'd say call the IRS.

I filed through turbotax on 2/7 and got accepted the same night. Had processing until 2/13 and then I got approved with a direct deposit date of 2/18. Essentially a 10 day turn around time for me.
wow thats crazy. i filed on 2/4. received my state refund  via direct deposit on 2/10. nothing on my federal though. yeah it says wait at least 3 weeks for efile on the website. im going to call and see whats up. 

Last edited:
Question

I bought a new car last year. Would it be wise to claim the deduction on my taxes?

Actually I found out today the return is being held due to identity theft. Anybody know how this process works or how long it will take?
i cant remember exactly the process but it takes about 4-6 weeks and comes in check form...the next year or couple of years you will have to get and use a pin when filing

I was a victim of identity theft 14 years ago. My returns usually take 4-5 wks to receive from the point of filing. I have to use a pin # for life.

Last edited:
Question....even though I chose to file state and fed together through turbotax, they still get deposited at separate times right?

Question....even though I chose to file state and fed together through turbotax, they still get deposited at separate times right?

Each is its own entity. One is the state franchise board, aka NY in your and mine case, and the other is a Federal organization. Each is completely independent of one another. But they do have 1 thing in common. They all hire idiots really. Can't tell you how many times I've had to explain to some of these so called agents on how and where they ****** up. :smh:

Last edited:
Finally got approved 2/22 is DD 
pimp.gif

The state waits for the federal to approve and send theirs to issue the state refund, atleast that's how it goes in NY

I got my federal back last week, any idea as to why my state is taking its sweet time? I'm in Georgia, btw.

Back
Top Bottom