Official [The Internet] Thread vol. Syd Tha Kyd & Matt Martians

victor page

Banned

New LP Feel Good on the way 
pimp.gif

Odd Future's neo-soul experts the Internet will release their first album as a proper band via Odd Future Records  on September 24. The follow-up to Syd the Kyd and Matt Martians' humble 2011 debut Purple Naked Ladies  will be dubbed Feel Good  and feature production from Chad Hugo of the Neptunes, Flying Lotus affiliate Thundercat, and Incubus guitarist and songwriter Mike Eizinger, who picks up an executive producer credit.

The first taste of the set arrives below: "Partners in Crime Part Two," which includes guitar from the Stepkids  ax-man Jeff Gitelman. Additional vocal duties will go to Malaysian singer Yuna, Chicago R&Bist Jesse Boykins the III, and Earl Sweatshirt's Doris  pal Mac Miller. The Internet recently toured with Miller, and served as his backing band as well. The full group now includes Patrick Paige II on bass, Christopher Allan Smith on drums, and Tay Walker on keys.

"The album is a journey through funk and soul through the eyes of young adults trying to find their way," said Syd via statement. Indeed, that journey can be heard below in the form of a smoky, psychedelic trip that toys with the idea of conquering the world.
Chad, Yuna, JBIII...this is gonna be flames. First album was criminally slept on here but we all know why.

Last edited:
I'm copping this sht. I finally checked out Purple Naked Ladies in its entirety a few weeks ago and I was impressed. Listening to that, then seeing those features for the upcoming project :wow: :pimp:

Last edited:
meh..

would much rather listen to toro y moi or neon indian or washed out.

Have you checked out Purple Naked Ladies? Give it a shot. I need to check out more of Washed Out and Neon Indian, I'm pretty much up to date on all of Chaz's music.

came in here to make this thread.. :lol:

listening to stream right now and its :nthat: so far

they're being over looked.. great music, great vibes.... purple naked ladies was crazy too :smh:

type of music that speaks to you. i put them in the same category as Iman Omari

One of his joints popped up when I was listening to last.fm yesterday. I heard him on some Overdoz & TiRon/Ayomari songs. What project should I check out by him?

Listening to the first few songs on this album and I really need to hear a track with Foreign Exchange & The Internet, the music would be too smooth. :smokin

Last edited:
One of his joints popped up when I was listening to last.fm yesterday. I heard him on some Overdoz & TiRon/Ayomari songs. What project should I check out by him?

Listening to the first few songs on this album and I really need to hear a track with Foreign Exchange & The Internet, the music would be too smooth. :smokin

his Energy mixtape is amazing.

Preciate that Suge, downloading it now. I gotta say this album will open The Internet up to more listeners, definitely a much more mature sound, production wise and lyrically.

def Download energy

but his latest project has been my favorite

been on replay for idk how long.. its called (Vibe)rations

i bought it on itunes cause i couldnt find a link but honestly didnt mind supporting.. go on youtube and listen to it, the complete LP should be there

and yea i got put onto him through Overdoz since he's produced a lot of their music (which im a big fan of them)

hes also part of THC

#DESSSST :lol:

just got done listening to the stream

cant wait till next week when ill be able to :smokin to this since i cant right now :smh: :lol:

album is on point.. ive been tryna put people on the internet but man theyre sleepin

Album sounds good. Can't wait until it drops. Always appreciate hearing the Fender Rhodes being played.

Back
Top Bottom