OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

I still have a DS pair. Just haven't had time to play
mean.gif
Tell me about it... have hardly been hoopin at all.  Funny thing is the last time I played I did break the crusaders out for a quick outdoor session @Zyzz

Last edited:
Ordered the all orange pair from Oneness for $65 shipped, gonna give these a good run at the rec this Saturday, refused to let these horror stories push me away form this sneaker. Lol. 

Ordered the all orange pair from Oneness for $65 shipped, gonna give these a good run at the rec this Saturday, refused to let these horror stories push me away form this sneaker. Lol. 
Nice!  Don't let the horror stories push you away.  Have had a lot of good runs in this shoe with no issue.  It is true that they are extremely low, but the height is technically not the issue when it comes to ankle rolls.  If anything it's just getting used to the setup with these.  Enjoy

Nice!  Don't let the horror stories push you away.  Have had a lot of good runs in this shoe with no issue.  It is true that they are extremely low, but the height is technically not the issue when it comes to ankle rolls.  If anything it's just getting used to the setup with these.  Enjoy
Exactly I don"t agree when people throw in the height of the shoe in my opinion, if you know you have weak ankles, low tops are most likely not going to be for you at first, but after a while of you playing in low tops your ankles strengthen tremendously (Aside form the the fact that I ride a fixie/track bike 25 miles daily) and you get used to it (Even goes for big men like Paul Millsap that plays in Crusaders). At this point I can never see myself going back to a high top basketball sneaker ever. Low tops are so much better and I don't get any knee pains and can play alot much longer with my legs feeling like logs. Lol. I can't for these to get in! 
happy.gif

Only two issues for me with the Crusader -- the zoom bag felt like it should be placed a little further up and the fit is a little long in my true size.  I went down a half (I know that may seem absurd to some).  The true size felt almost perfect with my narrow foot, but with the length issue, I didn't feel as locked in at the heel and there were some odd flex points.

The half down is pretty damn tight, but since the fuse is pretty soft, it works fine.  I've enjoyed these quite a bit and am considering grabbing one of the outdoor pairs 
smokin.gif

Nicee I also went down .5 with this pair, seeing that in reviews and from what stated here that although these are narrow and are long in length and I'm looking to buy an XDR down the road too, hopefully they hit clearance on NDC soon. How's the traction on these? I cut a lot, and use alot of in and out moves to get by defenders. Lol

Nicee I also went down .5 with this pair, seeing that in reviews and from what stated here that although these are narrow and are long in length and I'm looking to buy an XDR down the road too, hopefully they hit clearance on NDC soon. How's the traction on these? I cut a lot, and use alot of in and out moves to get by defenders. Lol
Hope the .5 down works for you -- do you have a narrow foot at all?  You may find it very snug... but once they break-in just a little they feel solid imo -- even after my first night trying them out they broke in nicely and only get better.

I make a lot of cuts/slashes as well and I haven't had any issues with traction.  It's worked well.  It isn't going to blow you away or anything like traction on the kobe 9 or jordan xx8, but it definitely does the job.

Hope the .5 down works for you -- do you have a narrow foot at all?  You may find it very snug... but once they break-in just a little they feel solid imo -- even after my first night trying them out they broke in nicely and only get better.

I make a lot of cuts/slashes as well and I haven't had any issues with traction.  It's worked well.  It isn't going to blow you away or anything like traction on the kobe 9 or jordan xx8, but it definitely does the job.
Yeah my foot isn't that wide, I say regular width and is the traction close to the cp3 VI, not sure if you ever balled on those before but the traction was insane. Either way if traction because an issue with these I can always move them as my outdoor sneaker, since my 2012 Hyperdunk are starting to wear down a bit. 

Yeah my foot isn't that wide, I say regular width and is the traction close to the cp3 VI, not sure if you ever balled on those before but the traction was insane. Either way if traction because an issue with these I can always move them as my outdoor sneaker, since my 2012 Hyperdunk are starting to wear down a bit. 
Traction is not as good as the cp3.VI, but like I said, it works.  You won't get quite the same 'bite' like you get from the cp3s, but you won't be slippin/slidin all over by any means.  Outdoor would be a great option if it comes to that.  

^ With a more dense sole such as that on the outdoors, wearing them in a little bit on an outdoor court can really improve the traction. Pavement will break-in the rubber faster than an indoor court.

A couple sets of sprints in the parking lot then a wipe-down of the soles will work wonders when you take them to the gym
This is great advice.  Wear a pair of new sneaks outdoors even for just a little shootaround or something and it will break in the traction nicely.  A lot of new shoes have sort of a slick outer layer on the soles that makes things a little slippery when new.  This takes care of that.

Traction is not as good as the cp3.VI, but like I said, it works.  You won't get quite the same 'bite' like you get from the cp3s, but you won't be slippin/slidin all over by any means.  Outdoor would be a great option if it comes to that.  
Got cha man, big thanks for the input, I"ll let you know how they feel after I play in them this weekend. 
glasses.gif

View media item 1111929 First and foremost, prayers out to Paul George, which wore these majority of last season.. I give these an 8.5/10.. I definitely felt the zoom, comfort level is super great, I did not roll my ankle at all in these so I don't what you guys are talking about. Lol. The height of these felt like any other low top I play in, in terms of height.. I'm big on traction which wasn't all that great but don't want to speak so soon and I feel I haven't truly broken in these yet. But these are indeed awesome I thought they were gonna be like stiff and no support. But they're great. I can see myself buying an outdoor pair in a few months when they all hit sales.

I feel these are way too high off the ground, but that is expected with zoom

Its just yelling for a ankle roll, i been balling in these for the past 2 weeks and they are comfy tho

I feel these are way too high off the ground, but that is expected with zoom

Its just yelling for a ankle roll, i been balling in these for the past 2 weeks and they are comfy tho
Yep these are definitely a little higher off the ground than your average low.  Took a little getting used to

I agree with you on this, IF anything, how high your foot sits affects the ankle roll potential -- not the collar height

@LuigyVintage03  I may have already mentioned this, but I ended up taking my pair outdoors to break in the traction a bit.  This helped and has worked for me with other shoes too

Copped the outdoor silver/red on sale for $82 shipped from icks

Last edited:
still havent bought these shoes :lol:

waiting for them to hit $50, especially the outdoor version

@LuigyVintage03  I may have already mentioned this, but I ended up taking my pair outdoors to break in the traction a bit.  This helped and has worked for me with other shoes too
Gave them another shot this weekend, and comfort was still there, played in them with some elite socks and it went ok, I feel like zoom isn't enough for 2 hours of non-stop basketball, but it is there. Shoe is comfy but I see it as an outdoor beat up sneaker which will more then likely be in that rotation since my 2012 hyperdunk lows are pretty much done. I'll just rack up on the CP3 VI for now as for my indoor hooping shoes, best of all time IMO low top indoor sneaker for me.. 

Back
Top Bottom