::Official Underground HIP-HOP Thread::

So after discussing the possibility of this thread on numerous occasions, I figured it was finally time to get it done. This threads purpose is to provide aconsistent arena for the discussion of underground hip hop. The avenues of discussion this thread presents are limitless. Post what you're listening tonow, your favorite albums then, what you're looking forward to in the future, who you like, who you don't like, shows, appearances, anything. The subgenre that is the underground is so massive it's impossible to be up on everybody. I would consider myself someone knows more than a fair share ofunderground material yet on a weekly basis I discover new artist I've never heard of before who are out there making dope music. Hopefully we'll all beable to benefit from each of our unique taste. If you're curious about an artist feel free to ask about them here before delving into their catalogue.Chances are someone will be up on them and will be able to suggest their best work and provide insight on their style. I'll be bumping this continuously(hopefully others will too), maybe just with some random tracks, try and keep this amongst the first couple pages. With that said, to kick this thread off hereare some of my favorite underground albums to release this past year:
2my8b68.jpg
Buff 1-There's Only One
2yvny1j.jpg
The P Brothers-The Gas
2ccw139.jpg
9th Wonder & Buckshot-The Formula
20rpz40.jpg
Killer Mike-I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind II
21k9quo.jpg
Vordul Mega-Megagraphitti

1 question, and I don't mean to derail your thead.

But how are people w/ mainstream, major label releases, considered UNDERGROUND?

What exactly is underground, as it pertains to this thread?

6a5250ee80a6cc891245719e726d9f6e11a2c6d.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Street Hop sonn

my most highly anticipated album of the year. Premo produced. Album is gonna be
pimp.gif

btw "Shake This" is already out and if yall dont got that already i suggest you get on it now, because both Premo and Royce are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

dreClark wrote:

Exactly what popped in my mind when I saw Killer Mike...

i think the lines between underground/mainstream can be blurred since theres no clear cut definition. as far as this thread goes, i think underground is anyartist that doesn't get radioplay on the regular; someone you wouldn't hear on your typical Power 106/Hot 97 daily.

Threw on this album for the first time in ages today
c-rayz-walz%20-%20ravipops%20the%20substance.jpg

One of my favorite rappers period. Whole album bangs, I can listen back to front without skipping a song.

Floe
pimp.gif

Buck 80
pimp.gif

Battle Me
pimp.gif

I haven't heard from dude in so long. Anyone know what he is up too cause I've been fiending for more Walz.

Been knocking this in the ipod.
16355_b.jpg

Nice post OP.
btw, anybody know if that new Zion-I album is coming out this month.

Good question. I personally don't consider Killer Mike and Royce 5'9'' underground but I could see why some ppl would catergorize them thatway.

Atmosphere-Sad_Clown_Bad_Winter-Number_11_b.jpg
Atmosphere-Sad_Clown_Bad_Fall-Number_10_b.jpg
the winter & fall
Atmosphere-Sad_Clown_Bad_Summer-Number_9_b.jpg
scbd12_front.jpg
summer & spring
slugant.jpg
whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg
Slug and Ant did it bigger than any underground crew in'08...Every song is dope on each cd, what more can an underground head ask for.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Been knocking this in the ipod.
16355_b.jpg

Nice post OP.
btw, anybody know if that new Zion-I album is coming out this month.

Good question. I personally don't consider Killer Mike and Royce 5'9'' underground but I could see why some ppl would catergorize them that way.
There underground but not by choice or design.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

ILL LEGAL OPERATION wrote:

dreClark wrote:

Exactly what popped in my mind when I saw Killer Mike...

i think the lines between underground/mainstream can be blurred since theres no clear cut definition. as far as this thread goes, i think
underground is any
artist that doesn't get radioplay on the regular; someone you wouldn't hear on your typical Power 106/Hot 97
daily.

Exactly, anything people might not me easily exposed to Im gonna go ahead and post

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Threw on this album for the first time in ages today

c-rayz-walz%20-%20ravipops%20the%20substance.jpg

One of my favorite rappers period. Whole album bangs, I can listen back to front without skipping a song.

Floe
pimp.gif

Buck 80
pimp.gif

Battle Me
pimp.gif

I haven't heard from dude in so long. Anyone know what he is up too cause I've been fiending for more Walz.

I stumbled upon that Ravipopz album this last summer, I was blown away.

Eagle On that Zion I should be coming before the end of the month, ima see of I can dig up an interview that was posted last week where they talk about it.

My favorite album of all-time, underground or mainstream:

89spzzl.jpg

[table][tr][td]1. Intro[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Retaliation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Contra[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Speech Cobras[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Breath of God Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Death March[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Words from Mr. Len, Pt. 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. I Against I[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Exertions Remix[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. The Prophecy Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. Heavenly Divine[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Sacrafice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Permanant Midnight Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. The Deer Hunter[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. Blood Reign[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Gengis Khan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17. Trinity[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18. The Executioners Dream[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19. Muerte[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20. Heavenly Divine Remix[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21. Army of the Pharaohs: War Ensemble[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22. Untitled[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23. Retaliation Remix[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24. Blood Runs Cold[/td] [/tr][/table]
In my opinion, the underground's illmatic. Take out the interludes and the one or two skippable tracks and you have an epic album with amazing lyrics spitover some of the hottest beats in hip hop history. That's no exaggeration.

If you haven't heard this yet, you have been sleeping for 9 years. PM me for the download link and wake up.

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

My favorite album of all-time, underground or mainstream:

89spzzl.jpg

[table][tr][td]1. Intro[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Retaliation[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Contra[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Speech Cobras[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Breath of God Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Death March[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Words from Mr. Len, Pt. 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. I Against I[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Exertions Remix[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. The Prophecy Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. Heavenly Divine[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Sacrafice[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Permanant Midnight Interlude[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. The Deer Hunter[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. Blood Reign[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Gengis Khan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17. Trinity[/td] [/tr][tr][td]18. The Executioners Dream[/td] [/tr][tr][td]19. Muerte[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20. Heavenly Divine Remix[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21. Army of the Pharaohs: War Ensemble[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22. Untitled[/td] [/tr][tr][td]23. Retaliation Remix[/td] [/tr][tr][td]24. Blood Runs Cold[/td] [/tr][/table]
In my opinion, the underground's illmatic. Take out the interludes and the one or two skippable tracks and you have an epic album with amazing lyrics spit over some of the hottest beats in hip hop history. That's no exaggeration.

If you haven't heard this yet, you have been sleeping for 9 years. PM me for the download link and wake up.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
this man knows what he's talkin about

^
pimp.gif

Queens in general got a lot of heat that gets looked over.

The Juice Crew and everyone in it are PIFF

I know they aren't exactly underground but dudes sleep on Kool G and Tragedy Khadafi especially.

Kool G's discography is heat except for 4,5,6 and half a klip. Listening to dudes flow and stories is like watching a crime movie, so vivid. Here are myfave's

Edge of Sanity, Streets of NY, Ill Street Blues, Holla Back, Home Sweet Funeral Home, Foul Cats
pimp.gif

Tragedy Khadafi (Intelligent Hoodlum) is the same, a discography filled with heat. Unlike a lot of cats, dude is legit too. Locked up right now for a 4 yearbid I think; and never moved out of QB.

Can't go wrong with either.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

^
pimp.gif

Queens in general got a lot of heat that gets looked over.

The Juice Crew and everyone in it are PIFF

I know they aren't exactly underground but dudes sleep on Kool G and Tragedy Khadafi especially.

Kool G's discography is heat except for 4,5,6 and half a klip. Listening to dudes flow and stories is like watching a crime movie, so vivid. Here are my fave's

Edge of Sanity, Streets of NY, Ill Street Blues, Holla Back, Home Sweet Funeral Home, Foul Cats
pimp.gif

Tragedy Khadafi (Intelligent Hoodlum) is the same, a discography filled with heat. Unlike a lot of cats, dude is legit too. Locked up right now for a 4 year bid I think; and never moved out of QB.

Can't go wrong with either.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yea i'm from bk but i actually listen to more qnz rappers..

and my man tragedy is on cormega's new joint that supposed to drop this year (hopefully)..legal hustle vol. 2: Born & Raised..always been a big fan oftradge

Originally Posted by ILLmatic E

51WLMmzzSLL._SS500_.jpg

Cor-mega ..raw-foreva
eek.gif

One of my favorite albums of all time. I had never heard of him before the joint he did with The Jacka, that Barney Remix. 'Mega gets love out here, if theJack cosigns you 'nuff said.

Can't wait for the new album too, prayin it comes out this year.

Originally Posted by purplehazze96

Originally Posted by ILLmatic E

51WLMmzzSLL._SS500_.jpg

Cor-mega ..raw-foreva
eek.gif

One of my favorite albums of all time. I had never heard of him before the joint he did with The Jacka, that Barney Remix. 'Mega gets love out here, if the Jack cosigns you 'nuff said.

Can't wait for the new album too, prayin it comes out this year.
Real NY rap
pimp.gif

None of this Ron Browz BS (regardless of how hard it goes in the club
laugh.gif
)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here is a slept on BEAST of a crew I have seen mentioned maybe once on NT......

Thought, damn, what a shame, gotta put my fellow NT'rs on to this

pimp.gif

MUST LISTEN TO.

MUST.

LISTEN.

TO.

I present to you.....

pimp.gif

ARMY OF THE PHARAOHS
(AOTP )

11392126092141mustbuy%2520tuesday.jpg

Who ? A Hip Hop super crew started by Vinnie Paz of JMT that has some of the sickest underground rappers out

Roster:

7L,
Apathy,
Celph Titled,
Crypt the Warchild,
Demoz,
Des Devious,
Doap Nixon,
Esoteric,
King Magnetic,
Jus Allah,
King Syze,
Planetary,
Reef the Lost Cauze,
Vinnie Paz,
Chief Kamachi* (He left recently)

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Seriously, everyone here would destroy just about any mainstream rapper today.

IMO, hands down, the sickest crew out right now. Haven't seen this kind of heat since the prime of the Wu-Tang Clan.

Material: Two AMAZING albums:

Torture Papers (2006)

armyphraraohs.jpg

1. Battle Cry
2. Gorillas
3. Henry the 8th
4. Pull the Pins Out
5. Tear it Down
6. Into the Arms of Angels
7. The Torture Papers
8. Listen Up
9. All Shall Perish
10. Wrath of Gods
11. Narrow Grave
12. Feast of Wolves
13. King Among Kings

Ritual of Battle (2007)

aotp-ritualofbattle.thumbnail.jpg

[table][tr][td]1. Swords Drawn.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Time to Rock[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Dump the Clip[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Black Christmas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Blue Steel[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. Gun Ballad [/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Strike Back[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Frontline[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Through Blood by Thunder [/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Murda Murda[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. Bloody Tears[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Seven[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Drama Theme[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14. Pages in Blood[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15. D and D[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16. Don't Cry[/td] [/tr][/table]

They are working on the 3rd studio album that will drop sometime this year. They also have a grip of rare and unreleased material, freestyles, etc.

What it sounds like: Wu-Tang on steriods.

Amazing lyrics and beats, but not like JMT or Canibus...nah, much more entertaining. Filled with dope punchlines and metaphors, type of music you can bump inthe whip. Have you sitting there thinking "DAMN, that guy has a ridiculously nice flow" and every listen you catch something new in the lyrics thathas you
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I'm talking about wordplay you rarely ever see, or ever saw for that matter.

Got some tracks of everyone just going in one after the other, 5, 6, even 7 verses of everyone spitting flames and raping then murdering the beat. Every versebetter than the next, everyone trying to out-do the next man.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can go on forever so.....

What are you waiting for ? Go download or cop this piffery and thank me later.

I'll wait to see how everyone likes this before posting more. Just about every member has solo work of their own, there are also many sub-groups withinAOTP. All of which are amazing.

So give it a fair listen and then give me feedback about how you likeAOTP
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ENJOY.

*******If you can't find download links (should be easy), PM me.***********

Someone should make a torrent, %#!@+ kinda overwhelming when i've been outta the loop for a while. I'd gladly check this all out.

Back
Top Bottom