Official "Where's My Change" Thread...

What Change would Nt'ers like to see.

Here's my list:

- Rescind Patriot Act or at the very least rework it.
- Renegotiate NAFTA and GATT
- End Corp. Offshore Tax Haven/ Money Laundering loopholes
- Force the SEC to actually do it's job and not aid corruption
- Cut Military Budget (both main and supplemental, which stands at 1.055 $trillion right now) by at least 25%
- Close and withdraw from at least 25% of overseas bases
- Reduce Federal involvement in state matters
- Give us real BLS data, not the cooked government numbers
- Reduce fiscal spending by at least 20%
- Serious look into medicare fraud and take some action
- shore up the borders
- end the "war on drugs" or at least heavily cut funding thereby killing it for all intents and purposes
- get rid of "homeland security"

Things I think we can do without

- national civilian brigades
- active policy of "spreading the wealth" (if he mends the problems with the current form of "globalization" this will take care of itself)
- not buying into the carbon credit scheme.
- put gay marriage, abortion, religion in schools, fairness doctrine, and other not so important issues on the back burner

Obama says he'll give us change. If he even acts on a 1/4 of these I 'll give him his props and will vote for him next time.
I'm not optimistic though.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

We'll see how it turns out.

Balanced foreign policy with regards to Israel and Palestine (although this doesn't look like it will happen in the foreseeable future)

Less policing around the world

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

didnt read

OBAMA FTW
It's not against Obama.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
roll.gif

Son saw your name and just said +$+$ this, OBAMA
laugh.gif
Na, Not even the name. Haven't seen this cat in any political thread before.

He just saw the word "change" in the title.
laugh.gif

I cant wait to see what this man can do, what we can do... I have high hopes for the next 4 years.

Here's my list:

- Cut Military Budget (both main and supplemental, which stands at 1.055 $trillion right now) by at least 25%
- shore up the borders
- end the "war on drugs" or at least heavily cut funding thereby killing it for all intents and purposes

- active policy of "spreading the wealth" (if he mends the problems with the current form of "globalization" this will take care of itself)
- put gay marriage, abortion, religion in schools, fairness doctrine, and other not so important issues on the back burner

Obama says he'll give us change. If he even acts on a 1/4 of these I 'll give him his props and will vote for him next time.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

i dont know who you voted for but both candidates said they would not repeal the patriot act. homeland security is not going away. medicare"fraud" will be handled because more people will be covered under baracks heallthcare plan. military budget will be cut because we will pull out ofiraq. as far as abortion and gay rights issues those are usually handled at a state level so the federal goverment has no involvement in that.

- shore up the borders

Originally Posted by dnaisdaillest

Here's my list:

- shore up the borders

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

i dont know who you voted for but both candidates said they would not repeal the patriot act. homeland security is not going away. medicare "fraud" will be handled because more people will be covered under baracks heallthcare plan. military budget will be cut because we will pull out of iraq. as far as abortion and gay rights issues those are usually handled at a state level so the federal goverment has no involvement in that.
I don't want him to even waste time on abortion, gay marriage, or religion in schools.

More participants in a national plan = more fraud.

We'll see what happens. As I stated. I'm not optimistic.

Here's my list:

I feel you 100% on that one, But chill...You trying to get my man killed?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Going against "you know who" is what got Kennedy killed...He need to be careful.

Overturn UIGEA - legalize, tax, regulate online gambling within US.
Legalize Marijuana.
Severely overhaul Patriot Act
Address social security ASAP.
Pull out of Iraq.
Address poverty and hunger, within US and around the world.
Re-work healthcare industry as a whole - get these pharmaceutical companies out of Washington immediately so we can get something done.
Go after CEO's of corrupt companies.
Bring the defecit back.
Alternative energy push - higher standards for fuel mileage and real investment in new means of fueling vehicles and heating homes. Serious Tax breaks forthose working towards it.
Secure borders - legalize those within, make them pay taxes, don't let anymore in without papers.
Step up SEC regulation - the capitalist system we live under is currently broken.

similar to wawa -- give states more power, fed less. from abortions to gun laws to gay marriage.

Here's my list:

- shore up the borders

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

i dont know who you voted for but both candidates said they would not repeal the patriot act. homeland security is not going away. medicare "fraud" will be handled because more people will be covered under baracks heallthcare plan. military budget will be cut because we will pull out of iraq. as far as abortion and gay rights issues those are usually handled at a state level so the federal goverment has no involvement in that.

Not putting words in his mouth but he never said he voted.

Agree with most of the list

Here's my list:

- shore up the borders

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

I don't want him to even waste time on abortion, gay marriage, or religion in schools.

More participants in a national plan = more fraud.

We'll see what happens. As I stated. I'm not optimistic.
won't happen. he is going to focus on what got him elected. that is the economy, health care and national security. what you said will behandled by state and local officials and so you should direct you pessimism at them.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Here's my list:

- shore up the borders

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Not putting words in his mouth but he never said he voted.

Agree with most of the list
well then if he didn't then he has no right to complain. but that is really for the op to answer. i agree with some of the things he suggestedbut not all of them.

Back
Top Bottom