:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

LOL @ those who act like the World Cup is the only soccer event there is. Happens after every World Cup.

I'll agree that the World Cup is the bigger and more legendary event, but in terms of quality: knockout stage of the Champions League > World Cup The knockout stage of the World Cup can offer some great clashes as well and some games of very high quality, but as far as I can count, only 5 games where soccer giants played against each other occurred in this World Cup's knockout stage and maybe a couple of more in the group stage. There is way more quality in the Champions League, not to mention the fact that the knockout stage minus the final has 2 games for every time two teams meet. World Cup is great, but there sure are some boring and low quality games you have to sit through such as the clash of the juggernauts that was Slovenia Vs Algeria and Slovakia Vs New Zealand.

I guess you could say that but for me the wc is infinitely better for a few reasonsThe biggest is the fact that I'm a huge Spain fan but I don't really have a team to root for when it comes to club soccer....closest would be Barcelona I guess since they have the largest # of Spanish national team players but being a fan of guys like Ramos and Casillas on Real makes that kinda ehh. They don't really televise club soccer regular season matches on tv here so I've never really been able to get into it. Plus it is something specal to see people play for their countries IMO
Where do you live?  ESPN shows La Liga and EPL now and there is Fox Soccer and Gol TV that shows tons of club games.  I can't wait until the club season starts in August.

f19f804e7bfa4b4cc2967adbbf655800-getty-fbl-wc2010-esp.jpg

1781ce6aa7469e00c0246d33d3fd5f7f-getty-102567227dd014_spanish_foot.jpg

486c5fcc7882224a3103ff9fb42d90c2-getty-102567227dd001_spanish_foot.jpg

48e532edfc0b743dc5709eb454cc2051-getty-fbl-wc2010-esp.jpg

r2963120762.jpg

100712098.6_mn.jpg

100712098.3_mn.jpg

r2881242801.jpg

Originally Posted by babam11218719

LOL @ those who act like the World Cup is the only soccer event there is. Happens after every World Cup.

I'll agree that the World Cup is the bigger and more legendary event, but in terms of quality: knockout stage of the Champions League > World Cup The knockout stage of the World Cup can offer some great clashes as well and some games of very high quality, but as far as I can count, only 5 games where soccer giants played against each other occurred in this World Cup's knockout stage and maybe a couple of more in the group stage. There is way more quality in the Champions League, not to mention the fact that the knockout stage minus the final has 2 games for every time two teams meet. World Cup is great, but there sure are some boring and low quality games you have to sit through such as the clash of the juggernauts that was Slovenia Vs Algeria and Slovakia Vs New Zealand.

I guess you could say that but for me the wc is infinitely better for a few reasonsThe biggest is the fact that I'm a huge Spain fan but I don't really have a team to root for when it comes to club soccer....closest would be Barcelona I guess since they have the largest # of Spanish national team players but being a fan of guys like Ramos and Casillas on Real makes that kinda ehh. They don't really televise club soccer regular season matches on tv here so I've never really been able to get into it. Plus it is something specal to see people play for their countries IMO
Where do you live?  ESPN shows La Liga and EPL now and there is Fox Soccer and Gol TV that shows tons of club games.  I can't wait until the club season starts in August.
us......boston and san diego.

didn't know they showed the regular club season, only seen champions league on tv before. i did notice on espn3.com they said they would be showing the epl and la liga though so that would mean it was on regular espn but ive never seen it. is this a new thing? do they show all the matches or just el clasico and other big matchups?

didn't know they showed the regular club season, only seen champions league on tv before. i did notice on espn3.com they said they would be showing the epl and la liga though so that would mean it was on regular espn but ive never seen it. is this a new thing? do they show all the matches or just el clasico and other big matchups?
It started last season.  ESPN showed a EPL game every weekend at 7:45 AM ET. They also sometimes showed games on Monday afternoon. They showed some big games too.  Both Arsenal-Spurs games, Chelsea-Man Utd at Old Trafford, Utd-City at city of Manchester and some others.  La Liga usually comes on on Sunday afternoon.  They usually show Real or Barca games.  Im not sure if they show games every week but there were a decent amount of La Liga games on last year.  Check you local listings once the season starts.

It started last season.  ESPN showed a EPL game every weekend at 7:45 AM ET. They also sometimes showed games on Monday afternoon. They showed some big games too.  Both Arsenal-Spurs games, Chelsea-Man Utd at Old Trafford, Utd-City at city of Manchester and some others.  La Liga usually comes on on Sunday afternoon.  They usually show Real or Barca games.  Im not sure if they show games every week but there were a decent amount of La Liga games on last year.  Check you local listings once the season starts.

Although it's not actually a TV. ESPN3.com will broadcast, EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Portuguese League and Dutch League starting in August. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
that explains why i've never seen em. that time difference is killer, especially on the west coast
sick.gif

i will be season passing that #$%$ on tivo though, and checking out whats on espn3. i cant deal with soccer withdrawls after this world cup

Cruyff is a salty old fart.

I will be in Brazil 2014 started saving money already, I'm flying to Colombia or Venezuela and then taking a bus it'll be like 500 dollars cheaper.

Originally Posted by Halftime718

I will be in Brazil 2014 started saving money already, I'm flying to Colombia or Venezuela and then taking a bus it'll be like 500 dollars cheaper.
mase.gif

That'll last like two weeks. Ever heard of the Amazon?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Halftime718

LOL WUT 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'll for sure be in Brazil in 2014. Crashing at my gf's relatives in Rio will make it a little bit cheaper 
pimp.gif

I love the world cup just as much as the next guy but I feel the same way. I'm itching for some club soccer.

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Nooooooooo Cesc.

? that hes staying at arsenal? or do you think hes getting bought by barca?
Well he basically has his heart set on Barca. It's up to Barca if they wanna meet the transfer price. Their bids so far have been way too low.

And that picture today was at the rally. Pique and Puyol put the jersey on Cesc.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

102835768.jpg

This guy has had a taste of success winning the Euro and WC...you think he wants to go back to the wasteland that is Arsenal?
frown.gif

The two hold-ups are Barcelona's financial situation and Arsenal's reluctance to sell. I think Barca will raise the funds to buy him and they'll make an offer Arsenal cant refuse in August close to the transfer deadline.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

Nooooooooo Cesc.

? that hes staying at arsenal? or do you think hes getting bought by barca?

I posted a pic that I guess is dead now.

but it had Cesc wearing a Barca jersey today.

I don't think it meant anything after seeing this vid
laugh.gif

edit. Too slow
frown.gif

Yeah, I actually  watched an  MLS game. Not bad either
btw
 guess who's sister this is
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
343p15z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom