:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

This guy has had a taste of success winning the Euro and WC...you think he wants to go back to the wasteland that is Arsenal?
frown.gif

I think Barca will raise the funds to buy him and they'll make an offer Arsenal cant refuse in August close to the transfer deadline.
I'm thinking that too, and

fffuuuuu.gif

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'm a FCB man so I'm of course hoping that Cesc would come to FCB. He has said that he wants to "come home at some point of his career" a long time ago.

At the same time I want FCB to try to get the debt in control
smh.gif

if Cesc does leave for Barca,then i'm definitely gonna cop their kit with his name/number on it...
two of my cousins are Arsenal fans so that should piss them off a bit...
laugh.gif

The reason why Cesc didn't start on Spain's national team is because according to Spain's coach, his and Xavi's game cancel each other out. Now he's gonna play with Xavi on club level constantly?

Sunday’s World Cup final, televised by ABC and Univisión, was the most watched soccer match in US television history. A total of 24.3 million viewers (15.5 million on ABC and 8.8 million on Univisión) tuned in to watch Spain defeat Holland to capture their first ever World Cup.

In fact, the Netherlands vs. Spain match garnered more viewers than did the deciding games of both the 2009 World Series between the Yankees and Phillies (22.3 million) and the 2010 Stanly Cup Finals (8.28 million). The numbers are also comparable to the 28.2 million pulled by Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals between the LA Lakers and Boson Celtics.

The top three most watched soccer matches in US television history (combined English- and Spanish-language broadcasts) are:

#1 – Netherlands vs. Spain, 2010 World Cup Final = 24.3 million viewers

#2 – USA vs. Ghana, 2010 World Cup Round of 16 = 19.4 million viewers

#3 – Brazil vs. Italy, 1994 World Cup Final = 18.1 million viewers

Link

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

The reason why Cesc didn't start on Spain's national team is because according to Spain's coach, his and Xavi's game cancel each other out. Now he's gonna play with Xavi on club level constantly?
The main reason why Fabregas probably didnt start was due to Del Bosque's decision to use 2 holding midfielders during this tournament (something Spain did not do during Euro 08, 09 CC and during WCQ). Fabregas started a significant portion of Spain's matches in the last 2-years so I dont think it's a stretch to imagine he'll start for Barcelona...

----------------Valdes------------
Alves-----Puyol--Pique-------Abidal
------------Busquets---------------
------Xavi------------Fabregas-------
Messi--------Villa------------Iniesta

Plus Barca play a ton of matches every year so Fabregas will get plenty of chances to start with guys injured, suspended, rested.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

102835768.jpg

This guy has had a taste of success winning the Euro and WC...you think he wants to go back to the wasteland that is Arsenal?
frown.gif

The two hold-ups are Barcelona's financial situation and Arsenal's reluctance to sell. I think Barca will raise the funds to buy him and they'll make an offer Arsenal cant refuse in August close to the transfer deadline.
only problem like you said it barca's lack of cash, although they are in better shape than most of the other la liga teams who are deeply in debt from trying to be somewhat competitive

they offered what, 35M euros before the WC for Fabregas and that was turned down? like you said there definitely is a point where arsenal cant refuse their offer but how high can barca go? will they part with fabregas for 40? can barca justify shelling out 50+ for him?  i think 50 seems to be what a lot are speculating his fee to be

i think the one thing that is clear is , despite cesc's downplaying of the situation and his warm comments towards arsenal after the WC, he wants to play for barca.

he even made a comment recently where, intentionally or not, he talked about playing at arsenal in the past tense as if he wouldnt be thereanymore......makes you think he wont be.
�

Arsenal has no reason to sell. Like what has been mentioned they can let the price go up to a point where they can't refuse. Its not like Arsenal is hurting for cash so whatever that number Wenger is looking for he should hold out. If Cesc has to play at Arsenal again next year I am sure he will be fine. He is a professional and IMO one of the best midfielders in the world so as an Arsenal fan I don't want to get rid of him.

Also Tevez, I thought Barcelona would rather play Pedro in that forward position and have Iniesta where you have fab. Obviously Iniesta could play there ideally I think Pedro would be better going forward in that lineup and Iniesta plays so well off of Xavi. That is why I don't see a point in him moving there this year when he completely has a team built around him at Arsenal and apparently Wenger is ready to buy so maybe they will have enough depth to compete and the end of the season. You know they were in contention until the last month last year when everyone got hurt at the same time.

^

It was either frank lampard or john terry that said when their contract runs out in 2 years they want to make the switch and play for the mls.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

^

It was either frank lampard or john terry that said when their contract runs out in 2 years they want to make the switch and play for the mls.

for what reason, did he say?

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Arsenal has no reason to sell. Like what has been mentioned they can let the price go up to a point where they can't refuse. Its not like Arsenal is hurting for cash so whatever that number Wenger is looking for he should hold out. If Cesc has to play at Arsenal again next year I am sure he will be fine. He is a professional and IMO one of the best midfielders in the world so as an Arsenal fan I don't want to get rid of him.

Also Tevez, I thought Barcelona would rather play Pedro in that forward position and have Iniesta where you have fab. Obviously Iniesta could play there ideally I think Pedro would be better going forward in that lineup and Iniesta plays so well off of Xavi. That is why I don't see a point in him moving there this year when he completely has a team built around him at Arsenal and apparently Wenger is ready to buy so maybe they will have enough depth to compete and the end of the season. You know they were in contention until the last month last year when everyone got hurt at the same time.
You are right that Arsenal have no reason to sell but what's the point of keeping a player that does not want to be there? Ofcourse Fabregas has not come out publicly and said he wants to leave Arsenal but all these rumors and all these comments by Barcelona players makes you wonder if Fabregas really wants to remain at Arsenal.

Iniesta is a very versatile player who can play in the midfield or as a left/right-sided forward. He has played there for Barcelona on a number of occasions and has also played in that role for Spain several times (including several times at this WC). Iniesta is obviously a guaranteed starter on Barca and I am assuming that Barca want to bring Fabregas in with the intention of starting him. If that is the case, then the most logical thing for Barca to do would be to use Iniesta on the left-side with Xavi and Fabregas starting in central midfield. My main point is that if Fabregas joins Barca, I expect him to start the majority of matches and I believe that Barca can very easily accommodate him alongside Xavi and Iniesta in the starting line-up.

If Cesc goes to Barca they might as well take the blue out of their jerseys.

Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Villa, Pedro.

That's basically the heart of the WC winning team, minus Iker and Ramos, plus Messi and Alves. Borderline unfair.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

That's basically the heart of the WC winning team, minus Iker and Ramos, plus Messi and Alves. Borderline unfair.
dude their team already is way unfair. i know they didnt win the champions league but imo they are the best team in the world easily.

you forgot about this guy named ibrahimovic, i hear he's ok
laugh.gif

plus bojan is only 19 and absolutely filthy, i think we will see him playing a big role for spain in WC 2014.

unfair

if i had to root for a club team itd be them easily, im a huge fan of barcelona the city and the spanish national team but i feel guilty jumping on the bandwagon of a team that stacked. 
laugh.gif

Nah man supporter clubs go by bus all the time, plus you get to pass through a lot of beautiful places.

Going to Argentina next year wouldn't be bad also.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

dude their team already is way unfair. i know they didnt win the champions league but imo they are the best team in the world easily.

laugh.gif

plus bojan is only 19 and absolutely filthy, i think we will see him playing a big role for spain in WC 2014.

unfair

if i had to root for a club team itd be them easily, im a huge fan of barcelona the city and the spanish national team but i feel guilty jumping on the bandwagon of a team that stacked. 
laugh.gif

I got a feeling they'll get rid of Zlatan this year.

but yes, that team is basically the Spanish core team.

anyone see the teal jerseys for 10-11?
sick.gif
can't believe I was thinking of copping that as well after putting the home on my basket.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

laugh.gif

unfair

laugh.gif

I got a feeling they'll get rid of Zlatan this year.

but yes, that team is basically the Spanish core team.

anyone see the teal jerseys for 10-11?
sick.gif
can't believe I was thinking of copping that as well after putting the home on my basket.
yeah like cushing said theyd do it to free up $ for cesc.

makes sense given his age and cesc's youth but if it doesnt happen he is still very good

im serious about bojan btw dude is talented i want to see him get some time for the national team in euro 2012 and onwards. i like pedro but i think hell be better in a few years

and yeah those teal unis are pretty weird.....honestly i never liked the maroon/navy striped unis i know theyre iconic etc. but they look awful to me. id almost rather cop the teal.

you know what's fire though are the navy spain kits they rocked during this world cup. im gonna scoop one of those up (ramos maybe?) and a pair of the light blue shorts that go with the red shirts.
pimp.gif

Gerard Pique 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back
Top Bottom