OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Album has grown on me some. Still has some horrible lyrics and I can't mess with the production on a few songs.

Bound 2 is overrated, best part of it is the beat switching up and Charlie's vocals.

Production was cool...

Just couldn't see the actual direction of this record other than New Slaves and Black Skinhead.

From the interview with Rick Rubin

Can you recall a scene from the sessions that might help people understand his method in the studio?

We were working on a Sunday [the same day West attended a baby shower for girlfriend Kim Kardashian] and the album was to be turned in two days later. Kanye was planning to go to Milan that night. Five songs still needed vocals and two or three of them still needed lyrics. He said, “Don’t worry, I will score 40 points for you in the fourth quarter.” In the two hours before had to run out to catch the plane, he did exactly that: finished all lyrics and performed them with gusto. A remarkable feat. He had total confidence in his ability to get the job done when push came to shove.

It seems like they were more focused on how it sounded sonically, and just added "lyrics" for the sake of it.

"Lyrics" as in "**** Kanye would say"..

Lyrics are just another instrument at the end of the day. I don't see how so many people don't like other tracks but love Bound :lol:

^the beat helps mask his afwul rapping lol. if it had a more simple beat a la new slaves everyones opinion would be 180 degrees :lol:

Charlie Wilson part is what makes Bound piff but its still part of the song so the song is dope...different sound...2nd worst kanye solo album tho

Still copping

Just wished it went the new slave/black skinhead route

Last edited:
Album is ok. Not up to Kanye's usual standards, but it def gets stronger towards the end. It is also a very different kind of album, which I can understand but I was expecting more. 

I will agree that it felt like every song was missing SOMETHING to put it over the top. It's as if each of the songs represented different eras from his career mixed into one, but since he is no longer in those era they weren't as solid as era they came from. If that makes any sense 
laugh.gif

There's a reason why all of those were separate albums though. The various sounds don't mesh well. This album is scatterbrain, but to its own detriment.

Lol man kanye. I guess Tuesday ill get the iTunes version cause I doubt I'll be able to find the CD anywhere for a while. Took me forever to find Cruel Summer...

no lie I expected this to be a lot worse.....decent album, I am disappointed in 'hold my liquor' I expected a better beat with young chop

I decided.

this is felon music.

"Send It Up" is the closest to techno dudes in jail gonna listen to.

it's a new genre:

Goon House

Not a post-leather pants and skirt Kanye fan, liked him better when they wouldn't let that ***** rap and he had a chip on his shoulder. Now he's just a ******g dbag that does great production

He's actually a dbag that isn't even producing as much of his **** as he used to.

Which just makes him a ******g dbag.

This coming from a guy who's favorite record is "Can't Tell Me Nothin'". Which he also didn't produce.

Word to Toomp.

**** all this fake rage. You rich, supposedly happy with your woman and having a baby. Stop trying to be an anarchist for the sake of shock value.

:lol:

So I guess from the mixed reviews I've heard, I should continue to pass on this blasphemous album and just wait for the instrumentals to drop?

[h1] [/h1][h1]Kanye West's 'Yeezus' could debut with 500K copies[/h1][h1] [/h1][h1] [/h1]
Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY9:55 p.m. EDT June 13, 2013
[h2]The half-million tally would place the rapper behind Justin Timberlake in the year's sales race[/h2][h1] [/h1][h1] [/h1]
1371158865000-Kanye-1306131728_4_3_rx404_c534x401.jpg

(Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images)

Kanye West's Yeezus, due Tuesday on Def Jam, is expected to sell 500,000 copies its first week.

"That's what industry forecasters suggest," says Keith Caulfield, Billboard's associate director of charts/retail. "It's difficult to a degree to predict an album's sales until it actually goes on sale, but the closer you to are to the release date, the better you can tell. It's like a weather forecast."

The half-million mark would put the rapper's sixth studio album in the same ballpark as previous releases. Watch the Throne, 2011's collaboration with Jay-Z, opened with 436,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan. West's two most recent solo albums enjoyed similar launches: 2010's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy  with 496,000, and 2008's 808s & Heartbreak  with 450,000. Both were released during Thanksgiving week.

"They had a big holiday and Christmas to drive sales, and you don't have that now," Caulfield says, adding wryly, "Plus, he's missing the Father's Day window."

What may boost Yeezus is its air of secrecy and unconventional marketing. So far, the album has not leaked.

"Nobody knows what it sounds like," Caulfield says. "There's no single, no video, no formal promotional rollout. The album kind of drops out of the sky with some mystery and excitement that can drive interest."
1371158755000-Yeezus-1306131727_4_3_rx383_c540x380.jpg

Kanye West Yeezus disc(Photo: Def jam)

In the year's album race, Yeezus sales of 500,000 copies would place West ahead of Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, which sold 339,000 copies its first week. The tally would fall far short of Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience, which opened atop the chart in March with 968,000 copies, leaving West in second place.

That may not satisfy the rapper's outsized ego. In a New York Times  interview, he dubbed himself the Michael Jordan of music and the Steve Jobs of "downtown, fashion, culture." On Wednesday, he posted a clip on his website declaring, "I am a god."

On the album chart, he is a runner-up.
"J. Cole's gonna outsell him, though."

Last edited:
This album is pretty good. A few more spins and I've give my definite opinion.

Got a friend who buys in to that Ye/JayZ/Any black celebrity x whole devil worshiping bit. Going play the album on the home speakers and activate rustling of the jimmies. >D

Guilt Trip is dope as ****. The Popcaan Blocka sample and Cudi at the end 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Overall im feeling the album its different but I mess with it. It gets better with each listen.

Back
Top Bottom