OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Someone answer this for me:

If I thoroughly enjoy the sound the Sleigh Bells have and the message Tupac has...what don't I understand about this album?
Why can't I just not like it because it sounds like **** to me minus Bound 2?
Kanye may be going a new direction for HIMSELF, but the noisy, chaotic sound of this is nothing new so to tell me to buy his old albums or that I can't stand change is pretty presumptuous and unfair.

So that's unfair but you calling it noise and wack isn't?

damn yall can't stop saying the "buy his old albums" line..

his new albums don't need to sound like his old ones, that's not the problem

problem is the album is mostly boo boo

MBDTF doesn't sound like CD which doesn't sound like 808s... I f w/ every album though

If I thoroughly enjoy the sound the Sleigh Bells have and the message Tupac has...what don't I understand about this album?
Kanye may be going a new direction for HIMSELF, but the noisy, chaotic sound of this is nothing new so to tell me to buy his old albums or that I can't stand change is pretty presumptuous and unfair.

Well if it's storming outside I wouldn't tell somebody it's a beautiful sunny day.

You are unable to digest this album accordingly, because you have not slept inside of a European night club while dancing with one leg in the air to Jamaican music fused with rock, hip-hop, trap, EDM, pop, country, folk, jazz, R&B, urban, classical, blues, opera, dubstep, trance, techno, Christmas music, Latino, and Disney kids tunes. And even if you have, you still are unable to take this album in accordingly, because you weren't born ready.

Did that about cover it?? :lol:

Honestly you cant please everybody.

Half of yall want the old kanye, if this was CD2 or LR2, the other half would complain that he hasnt progressed/raps about the same things.

And vice versa.

What can ya do lol

Today Hold My Liquor became my favorite track on yeezus. 
smokin.gif

Still cant wait to hear that in the CD player in the whip. 
smokin.gif

Might eem book a flight to Paris and rent a loft for a day to hear it there 
laugh.gif

Why are the people that don't like it so mad at the people that do? Like damn we like the music and you don't it's not the end of the world :lol: Some of the fans of it are getting a bit touchy about y'all too I know, it's been the same damn banter the last few pages and it's getting old.

don't you sound silly.

noise is the type of music yes. it's noisy.

like the Sleigh Bells...who i enjoy.

and calling it wack inherently means "in my opinion it is wack"

i'm not being unfair to anybody. i'm not telling anybody they should like it and if they don't then go buy his old albums or you just not ready for this new sound yet.

Last edited:
Some people just use to being programmed

Music has a osmosis effect when repeated over and over i.e. ABC's melody you'll never forget it because the frequency of the melody
Has been programmed in your brain over and over

Which is why I hate the phrase "grow on me" if I don't like it I won't like it even when I'm caught singing the song after hearing it eleventy times

I'll be singing it then wonder to myself why am I singing this song I hate it lol just a example of how powerful music

But then there are those who appreciate the joy of repetition I understand that type but I'm not that type

I hate to feel programmed

You are unable to digest this album accordingly, because you have not slept inside of a European night club while dancing with one leg in the air to Jamaican music fused with rock, hip-hop, trap, EDM, pop, country, folk, jazz, R&B, urban, classical, blues, opera, dubstep, trance, techno, Christmas music, Latino, and Disney kids tunes. And even if you have, you still are unable to take this album in accordingly, because you weren't born ready.

Did that about cover it?? :lol:

:lol:

Ya'll are wild. At the end of the day (Cam voice) like I said, this album isn't for everyone. I'm a huge Kanye fan (music, not the persona). For me it's exciting to see dude go from the Blueprint, sped up soul, rapping about relatively normal things to his current incarnation. I saw dude back in '08 during the GITD tour and by this time he was just gaining iconic status in the pop realm. Fast forward a few years later and I'm seeing him and Jay in Paris, completely sold out arena, very much an icon, just killing it. It's inspiring to say the least, I mean I remember reading about him online like in '02 and he was just the ROC's producer back then.

This dude Kanye is like the biggest jay z jocker ever dude really ranted about about jay z and some mistress he had or side chick he sound like a catty woman on blood in the leaves

Took a few listens but this album is straight, couple good songs here and there. It does kinda get better with each listen

This is some of the dumbest **** I've ever seen. It's almost like Kanye West has turned you into his own personal hand puppet. It sounds like something he would say.

And contrary to what you think, that's not a compliment.

Have I been to those clubs? Yes. Hakkassan has one of, if not the, illest system in the US right now.

And for the record, when you walk in with A-List DJ's who actually produce music that is miles beyond what's on Yeezus, you can wear Nikes. Oh, you didn't know?

Had my Bachelor Party in Amsterdam. Just did my wedding Anniversary in Europe for 10 days last summer. Please, tell me what other credentials I need to appreciate a song.

The fact that you genuinely believe you need to experience all of this to appreciate a piece of music is some of the most idiotic **** I've seen written in a while.

How do you explain all the people who haven't experienced these things who like the song. Get all the way the **** out of here.....
True story.

:D

So you gotta ride somebody else's wave to get into the club wearing what you want? Word. We do that on our own choosing but that's neither here nor there.

Bachelors party? In Amsterdam!? Word!? Such an original idea. That's definitely not the most overrated city in Western Europe.

Then you hit them with the 10 days in "Europe"? Seven days would've bodied the competition, but 10.... whole.... days!? That's on a completely different level bro. Teach me.

You done reciting your kinda limited travel history? Can we get back to the music?

Re-reading my og post, it did come off a bit condescending, I'm not even that type of person but some of ya'll are quick to throw out the stan title for no real reason. I don't personally know you or ninhahood, but ya'll post enough as to where I can see why someone such as yourself wouldn't vibe with this album. I stated why it resonated with me a lot and that's just what it is. You're definitely correct tho, music can be appreciated in any form by anyone if it clicks with them. I've never been to the Caribbean, don't smoke, but I love dancehall music for example. So my bad on that. But you gotta admit that **** is kinda funny....

:lol: at people trying to force people NOT to like it.

this. why do people push so haard that theydont like it? if u dont like it okay cool that means the music doesntt appeal to you, like kanye said if u want his old ish go buy his old album

Snuck into a besbuy warehouse

Kanye DA only artist I've ever seen that has his name written on the box :lol:

Umm thats a jay-Z quote....

funny thing you bring up reggaeton...wanna see what a daddy yankee concert looks like in europe?

c'mon b...its ok, everyone falls off eventually...even kanye west, cuz SURELY you ain't gonna say this album is better then

college drop out

late registration

graduation

dark twisted fantasy...you would just be stamping your stan passport to a 1 way trip into kanye's uranus doing that.

Not entirely sure why you posted the video. Been to numerous Latino (not just bachata/ salsa/reggaeton) concerts all across the continent. There's a huge Latino population that lives over here and honestly, the whole latin thing is kind of a new thing for a lot of Euro chicks so those cats are eating good right now. They have festivals all throughout the summer in various cities (Milan, Rotterdam, London, etc) that make these concerts look small in comparison.

As for the KW albums...sonically it's light years ahead of his first three, from a strictly engineering standpoint. Thematically, hard to say. It's not 200*****05/2007 any more. "Blood On The Leaves" speaks more to me than say "Gone" at this point in time. I'd still put the G.O.O.D. Friday tracks as an album over all of his work tho'.

Why are the people that don't like it so mad at the people that do? Like damn we like the music and you don't it's not the end of the world :lol: Some of the fans of it are getting a bit touchy about y'all too I know, it's been the same damn banter the last few pages and it's getting old.

Mad? Ok....

C'mon son. You can't be that naive. I could ask you the very same question. Why are the people that like it so condescending to the people that don't?

Look at what's being written in here. People like the album. People don't. Look at what you just wrote. Do you not see the opposite happening as well?

Cats aren't in here saying if you don't like a song on this album, it's because you haven't been to an exclusive club and/or Europe?

Think about how idiotic that is. I haven't taken issue with anyone who just says they like the album. The issue is the people trying to explain to me the reasons why I don't like it.

This sums it up nicely.......

@BigGhostFASE: Aint bout **** bein "different"...question is it GOOD? Its cool if you "like" the **** but dont try to convince anybody they jus dont GET it

@BigGhostFASE: Maybe YALL mutha****as that "like" Yeezus the ones that dont get it...

Yeah, I said the fans of it were getting touchy over the people that dislike it in my last sentence, so yes I see the opposite happening too. I meant the banter between the two groups is getting redundant. And yes, there are dudes here catching feelings over other dudes' musical opinion, it's NT, I'm sure you see that going on on both sides. Not everyone that dislikes it is, not everyone that likes it is. Better?

:lol: at people trying to force people NOT to like it.

some dudes really mad over this :lol:

im saying

and they keep coming in this thread for some reason just lookin to say something bad ***** pathetic :lol:
:lol: That's what I don't get.. if you don't like it why do you keep coming in the thread and getting yourself worked up?

People who were intrigued by the album are in here trying to discuss our thoughts, and these angry *** dudes keep butting in with "NO! You're wrong! The album sucks" blah blah when no one is even addressing them.. the X button is a click away, lmao

:lol: That's what I don't get.. if you don't like it why do you keep coming in the thread and getting yourself worked up?

People who were intrigued by the album are in here trying to discuss our thoughts, and these angry *** dudes keep butting in with "NO! You're wrong! The album sucks" blah blah when no one is even addressing them.. the X button is a click away, lmao

Word lol.

Back
Top Bottom