OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

you guys must not be used to lows or just dont know how to play basketball. I play basketball everyday, REAL basketball and never get hurt because i know how to play. If you blame turning or spraining your ankle on the Kobe Vs then your an idiot. You would get hurt the exact same wearing a pair of huaraches or w/e else.

havent been in here for awhile

eek.gif
at it being stickied
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Just bLAzed

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Extramurals lmao, it's "Intra" mural
wink.gif
make sure you're right before trying to correct someone else

Intramural sports are events which take place within a certain institution. Each event is usually held once a week and there are no mandatory practices.
Extramural Sports are an extension of intramurals and teams will play other teams from other insitutions

Thanks for the insight.. Now, how can you prove that's what he meant, and didn't just mean "Intramural" like I pointed out? (Of course he wouldn't admit that's what he meant anyway after you pointing this out) but it's okay. Always multiple sides to one equation!

Love all of these dudes talking about "real basketball"... Only if you dudes who speak it knew of "real basketball" to be saying that..

!@#$%

Some of ya'll who post here are weird.
Good thing I run hard on the sidewalks rather than the courts.

Drew: I'll be waiting for your first Kobe V pickup post.
laugh.gif
Sheesh, talk about late!

^^probably because they just released a couple weeks ago? Chaos are still retail and they released 4 months ago...hell most places still have the IVs at retail.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

Damn, All this time I've been playing FAKE basketball? sigh  
eek.gif
naw man
laugh.gif
most NTers ive seen posting pics or what not just dress up like pros to go the gym in their new nikes yet dont even play basketball or even can play basketball at all. so all these guys talking about spraining ankles and creasing shoes makes me laugh.

iLLGT2 wrote:
Now, how can you prove that's what he meant, and didn't just mean "Intramural" like I pointed out?

he would have to be pretty stupid to get Intra mixed up with Extra. he's in college, so he should know the difference between the different kinds of sports offered there
you assumed first that Extramurals didnt exist, because you said it was Intra...how did you know what he meant?

anyways, back to the 5s, anyone know if i can stock locate shoes that are available at other HOHs? for ex. can i give a FL the SKU for the Aces and then some HOH not in LA ship them to my house?
dont know if the stock locater works on HOH exclusives

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Went to foot locker with the gf and copped these in GS size for her.

Those look pretty hot. I'm going to cop the white/pink ones for my girl this weekend.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

eek.gif
naw man
laugh.gif
most NTers ive seen posting pics or what not just dress up like pros to go the gym in their new nikes yet dont even play basketball or even can play basketball at all. so all these guys talking about spraining ankles and creasing shoes makes me laugh.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jdub562

eek.gif
naw man
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
It's true. More fashion than function on court for most NTers. I'm shocked we don't have more talk about shooting sleeves.

BTW, anybody know what sleeve Kobe wears? I need one.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

wth i need to be SURPRISED with some kobes!! maybe ill get lucky this weekend, i better be extra nice like edwin is with his girl when he wants shoes haha jk jk

haha thats what ive been asking for, someone to donate to my kobe v fund! haha

ok french, edwin, vince, adrian, ill make it a point to get them this weekend otherwise ill stop saying soon =)

size 10 please edwin!!!
nerd.gif

lmao. I gotchu

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by jdub562

eek.gif
naw man
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
It's true. More fashion than function on court for most NTers. I'm shocked we don't have more talk about shooting sleeves.

BTW, anybody know what sleeve Kobe wears? I need one.
wink.gif

If you are serious. I think its a Nike Pro COmbat shooting sleeve...I think it retails for like 25

nike375887.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

That's one thing that really gets under my skin man. When I see dudes with that *$*+ on... I make sure I go harder on em.

I know this is a dumb question, but what is the point behind these shooting sleeves? Keep your muscles warm?

eek.gif

You and me both man 
laugh.gif

I usually tell people the Vs are good not because it's a low cut, but how the shoe locks down your ankle with a tight tongue and supported heel. I tried balling in my ZKIIIs and it was noticeable difference. The ankle area of the IIIs were so loose compared to the IVs and Vs.

Originally Posted by playaproved

Originally Posted by never wear them

That's one thing that really gets under my skin man. When I see dudes with that *$*+ on... I make sure I go harder on em.

I know this is a dumb question, but what is the point behind these shooting sleeves? Keep your muscles warm?

that's the idea... But Kobe mentioned some time ago, that in the NBA, it's more than a fashion statement. Some players (Bruce Bowen) scratch a lot. Purposely... At the end of the game, you find yourself with scratches all over. It looks cool and all if your Kobe, iverson, and some other players cuz they're entertainers at the end of the day, so they need those/their accessories

Originally Posted by iLLGT2

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by eenxsoon

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Originally Posted by changstae

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

Has anyone sprained their ankle/s in the V yet? I lace up real tight and wear two socks. I just sprained it again on my 10th wear in them playing indoors since late Feb which was my first time breaking them in and sprained it on my 3rd wear. I might have to switch back to hyperdunks which I had no problems with if this continues
rolled my ankle twice, no major sprains yet
I've broken my ankle in hyperdunks.. 
the kobe V outriggers helped stop a sprained ankle.. but now the shoe feels like crap .. it's like the outriggers have a 1 time use only..

Just came back from practice.. I wore the kobe V inlines. Guess what?
I sprained the same ankle that I almost sprained last time.. kobe v's are crap performance-wise..
6a00d8345230d269e20105370da83a970b-550wi

laugh.gif
The iv's never broke my ankle.. I WANT THE IV'S PERFORMANCE IN THE V'S !

You guys all must be ******ed or something.

1. learn to run properly.
2. the IV's don't outperform the V's. if you think that's true, give me your V's.

I play intense basketball.. and when I say intense, not this pick up crap... i play in men's league and extramural's in college.

my shoes get beat up every day, and I'm fine.... seriously, somethings wrong with you guys.
Extramurals lmao, it's "Intra" mural
wink.gif

It's unfair to say run properly, or do this or that differently without knowing the circumstances in how they sprained/rolled their ankles.. If you come down on another players foot, hardly any shoe is saving your ankle, even taping it doesn't always help (I taped my ankles for college ball)

BUT, for the most part, you cannot blame the shoes fellas.. If you are rolling them by just running then quickly changing direction, something is obviously wrong... Strengthen those ankles/legs, or pick another sport. High tops are just masking the interlying issue....

LOL it's funny how some people get offended. 
I believe I run properly.. I have never come near spraining my ankle while running.. .. (******s)

I play college VOLLEYBALL with the kobe v's and previously with hyperdunks and kobe iv's

and of course I don't blame the shoe.. even tho I do think the iv's are more comfy. it fits my foot better. and the cushion around the ankle is thicker. 

I do like the v's .. especially how the shoe doesn't have any creases after use.. but it seems like nike just took out too much weight.

About them shooting sleeves, i personally wear them cuz i have fallen many times in mid air bumbs n usually fall on my right elbow n pushes up in my shoulder n my whole right side is screwed from all that, i understand that kobe wears it bcuz of constant injuries n protection, shouldnt we judge by the way we play not wat we wear?

Originally Posted by Nermindee

Went to foot locker with the gf and copped these in GS size for her.

I was gonna pick up a pair too but I think the wifey prefers the inlines.... They said those are coming out in kids too.....

Me personally I like shooting sleeves but I dont see the need to wear one for pickup games at the gym. I dont care what people think because I doubt anybodys gonna ball on me unless you played D-1 basketball or something. I had a NBA shooting sleeve that I was gonna wear for leauge games but it doesnt fit right and I dont like them enough to spend more than 10 on one like the Nike and other companies ones are.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

whats up vince!! you get any new kobes? i still am at 0 but may get a pair soon hahaha
LIAR!!!
laugh.gif
..two pairs of Kobe V "Aways" are on their way to California right now for you..stop frontin
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom