OG boxes

Does anyone have pics of the OG boxes. 23rd anniv boxes are designed to look like modern day version of the OG boxes but I am too young to remember how they looked.

I especially want to see the IIIs and the IVs just to compare and the Vs to know what to expect for next year (if JB doesnt cheap out on the box treatment like they did with the XIs)

Well I was able to find the OG II - V boxes

Looks like the V boxes were not made to resemble the Vs

Last edited:
1's box looked like the Banned 1 box, except replace the blk X on the lid with a huge red Nike, and take off the exes on the sides. 4-7 had the same cement/paint splatter design. 8-11 had a silver bottom, black lid, and white Air Jordan text like the 7's toungue in the center, with a red Jumpman behind it.

Jordan Brands first official solo box came with the 13's which was all silver with a small red jumpman in the middle.

Last edited:
^thanks
So I wonder if they will keep the same box then for next year or make a new one that resembles the Vs.
They'll prolly cheap out on the box treatment all together

Last edited:
Yeah I was hoping the same thing. I wish they had the cement box with the 7's this year too. Since the Blk/red 11's wont even have a special box on the 23rd I also think the scrapped the whole box idea.

Such a shame. A product includes the packaging. A company should be proud of the box they put out I wonder where that extra $5 is going. And I am sure the $165 price applies to all shoes next year too, not just the Bred IVs (like they did with the Black Cement IIIs). :smh:

My fav was the black silver Jordan face and 94 box. The new ones are nice but blan.

The face boxes used to be so cool. Then I got the low top 14s (pacifics) and it was a black box with a silver jumpman. But the bottom looked like the ridged sides of the 14. At first it was "oh this is cool" then I realized it wasn't just for the 14s. And the new gr boxes look even worse.

My OG Grape V Box, pretty tough cardboard. Hope this helps...

ajvgrape-1a.jpg

ajvgrape-27a.jpg

ajvgrape-28a.jpg

ajvgrape-29a.jpg

ajvgrape-30a.jpg

Last edited:
Such a shame. A product includes the packaging. A company should be proud of the box they put out I wonder where that extra $5 is going. And I am sure the $165 price applies to all shoes next year too, not just the Bred IVs (like they did with the Black Cement IIIs). :smh:
I think they cancelled that. The only shoe that's going up $5 at the moment is the XI

The best box ever was the one that came with the first retro releases back in 94/95 with the basketball court look and black/white photos of all the released Air Jordans around it.

Last edited:
i loved the face box because it was the easiest way to tell fakes.

i also bought the militaries mainly because i liked the ivs box so much. if it was a black box i probs wouldve skipped on em

They don't need to go back to the original 90's box for the V's anniversary next year. They can do so much better.

They should make it a completely new and original design only for the V's. They can make it fighter jet inspired, which is what tinker had in mind when designing the shoe anyways.

Sometimes its best to just push forward, don't dwell too much on the past.

They don't need to go back to the original 90's box for the V's anniversary next year. They can do so much better.
They should make it a completely new and original design only for the V's. They can make it fighter jet inspired, which is what tinker had in mind when designing the shoe anyways.
Sometimes its best to just push forward, don't dwell too much on the past.
But the shoes came out in the 90s. Keep the OG box the shoes came in. No need to change it unless your changing the shoes imo. i can understand you point to a certain degree, but if they cant come out with some nice new colorways/shoes then just keep it OG.

Back
Top Bottom