Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Just thinking about it, '07 was beyond the best year for movies. There are so many symbols hidden in this movie.
46th pick

tumblr_lgp8qubCbG1qbqngfo1_500.png

MichaelClaytonMoviePhoto2.jpg

clayton2.jpg

Spoiler [+]
michaelclayton.jpg

this went over my head....I saw Michael Clayton a few years back, but what symbols are hidden in the pics that you posted? 

Here are two GREAT foreign films...

sin-nombre-poster.jpg

prophet_poster.jpg

CP takes The Town, crime. I'm moving Inception to Sci-Fi.

Kev takes 28 Days Later, Horror.

And Prime takes American Psycho, Horror/Thriller........

CP takes The Town, crime. I'm moving Inception to Sci-Fi.

And Prime takes American Psycho, Horror/Thriller........

Originally Posted by CP1708

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 Damnit Kev. That was one of my sleepers, no one was supposed to pick that anytime soon. 

I didnt think anyone enjoyed that as much as I did on NT 
frown.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
 Damnit Kev. That was one of my sleepers, no one was supposed to pick that anytime soon. 

frown.gif

DoubleJ: A Prophet is true prison film, no sugar coating what so ever.  At times it feels more like a documentary then a movie, the acting is that good.

I select American Psycho (Horror)     

DoubleJ: A Prophet is true prison film, no sugar coating what so ever.  At times it feels more like a documentary then a movie, the acting is that good.

I select American Psycho (Horror)     

PM has been sent to Shaun
Kool is online (if you need to leave, this close to your slot, PM me 2 movies so you're covered in case Shaun takes your first choice)
Ill online
Dirk
JPZ
JRP online

We get Dirk and JPZ in here, and we're in for one of those runs. 
pimp.gif

PM has been sent to Shaun
Kool is online (if you need to leave, this close to your slot, PM me 2 movies so you're covered in case Shaun takes your first choice)
Ill online
Dirk
JPZ
JRP online

We get Dirk and JPZ in here, and we're in for one of those runs. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

frown.gif

I was taking it next round, sooo....
tired.gif
I love that movie almost as much as Training Day. Kev I'm gonna kill you.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

frown.gif

I was taking it next round, sooo....
tired.gif
I love that movie almost as much as Training Day. Kev I'm gonna kill you.

I watched the 3rd part of Mildred last night, got me wonderin (again) why Guy Pearce never went big time?  I thought for sure after Memento and LA Confidential that he would blow up, but it never came to be. 
ohwell.gif

I was
roll.gif
at ol girl givin her mom the slap, complete with a cig in her hand and everything.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
Little @#$% is like 12 or something right now.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like Mildred Pierce, and at this point I'd rather have the little girl from Silent Hill than Vida. It's everything...the way she talks all of it. And Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce are great. I feel like Guy just rejected all the big mainstream movies LA Confidential and Memento could've gotten him and that's why dude never really broke through.

Originally Posted by DubA169

plan on watching the the first episode of killing and the bourgias today

nobody took the best sci fi movie of the decade yet

I $+#@%$ up and tried watching it with friends after a bball game.
30t6p3b.gif
The Killing is an instant top 3 show doing it right now. Holder is the man, and they're so committed to the characters and mood...it's got that quiet menace to it. It feels like The Wire mixed with Twin Peaks. Make sure you watch the 2nd episode.

And uh...be easy, I already picked Children of Men.
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

So y'all are saying Michael Clayton isn't a 2 hour borefest? Never watched it cuz it sounded so drabby and unappealing, might have to change that now.

And Michael Clayton was DAMN good.  Loved that movie.  I kinda felt like Clooney wasn't even really actin though ya know? 
laugh.gif
  That's pretty much a compliment, he does very good work, but in those films, it's just "him" if that makes sense.

When you see Michael Clayton the first time...and the credits start rolling...you're just gonna sit there with that weebey face like... 'I didn't know they made these.' It looked like a legal drama, but that movie is a quiet thriller. And everyone kills it, that's why all 3 leads got oscar noms.

And I get what you mean about Clooney. He doesn't overact when he's being serious and he always makes it look easy. They get at dude saying he can only play one role and he always looks just like himself, but if that makes Michael Clayton...%#@% it.

I watched the 3rd part of Mildred last night, got me wonderin (again) why Guy Pearce never went big time?  I thought for sure after Memento and LA Confidential that he would blow up, but it never came to be. 
ohwell.gif

I was
roll.gif
at ol girl givin her mom the slap, complete with a cig in her hand and everything.  
roll.gif
roll.gif
Little @#$% is like 12 or something right now.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I like Mildred Pierce, and at this point I'd rather have the little girl from Silent Hill than Vida. It's everything...the way she talks all of it. And Kate Winslet and Guy Pearce are great. I feel like Guy just rejected all the big mainstream movies LA Confidential and Memento could've gotten him and that's why dude never really broke through.

Originally Posted by DubA169

plan on watching the the first episode of killing and the bourgias today

nobody took the best sci fi movie of the decade yet

I $+#@%$ up and tried watching it with friends after a bball game.
30t6p3b.gif
The Killing is an instant top 3 show doing it right now. Holder is the man, and they're so committed to the characters and mood...it's got that quiet menace to it. It feels like The Wire mixed with Twin Peaks. Make sure you watch the 2nd episode.

And uh...be easy, I already picked Children of Men.
Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

So y'all are saying Michael Clayton isn't a 2 hour borefest? Never watched it cuz it sounded so drabby and unappealing, might have to change that now.

And Michael Clayton was DAMN good.  Loved that movie.  I kinda felt like Clooney wasn't even really actin though ya know? 
laugh.gif
  That's pretty much a compliment, he does very good work, but in those films, it's just "him" if that makes sense.

When you see Michael Clayton the first time...and the credits start rolling...you're just gonna sit there with that weebey face like... 'I didn't know they made these.' It looked like a legal drama, but that movie is a quiet thriller. And everyone kills it, that's why all 3 leads got oscar noms.

And I get what you mean about Clooney. He doesn't overact when he's being serious and he always makes it look easy. They get at dude saying he can only play one role and he always looks just like himself, but if that makes Michael Clayton...%#@% it.

Hmm, I'll be on the lookout for it then. Quiet thriller sounds intriguing.

And little bit of trivia for Cast Away:

The producers contacted UPS about using their name and the dude in charge told him our planes don't crash and declined
pimp.gif

Hmm, I'll be on the lookout for it then. Quiet thriller sounds intriguing.

And little bit of trivia for Cast Away:

The producers contacted UPS about using their name and the dude in charge told him our planes don't crash and declined
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom