Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Soul, check out "Brick." Gordon-Levitt puts on a great performance.
I havent seen "Mother" but I'm planning on watching it tonight or tomorrow if I go out. It's a Korean film about a woman trying to find out if her son actually committed the murder he was charged with.

Hope I didnt blow up someone's spot with those recommendations. And I'm pretty sure you've seen the other film I have in mind, but since I might want to take that during this draft I'm gonna hold out on posting it.

Soul, check out "Brick." Gordon-Levitt puts on a great performance.
I havent seen "Mother" but I'm planning on watching it tonight or tomorrow if I go out. It's a Korean film about a woman trying to find out if her son actually committed the murder he was charged with.

Hope I didnt blow up someone's spot with those recommendations. And I'm pretty sure you've seen the other film I have in mind, but since I might want to take that during this draft I'm gonna hold out on posting it.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.
So far on my queue is Brick, Pineapple Express, The Lovely Bones and Mystic River. If anyone has anymore suggestions just post them here.

BTW, I just came back from Your Highness. It was actually decent. That may be because I went with zero expectations though. Zooey and Natalie. 
pimp.gif

Thanks for the suggestions thus far.
So far on my queue is Brick, Pineapple Express, The Lovely Bones and Mystic River. If anyone has anymore suggestions just post them here.

BTW, I just came back from Your Highness. It was actually decent. That may be because I went with zero expectations though. Zooey and Natalie. 
pimp.gif

Check out the Sweedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Ill. I haven't seen it, but from reading the book it should fit into your criteria.

Check out the Sweedish version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Ill. I haven't seen it, but from reading the book it should fit into your criteria.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Quick favor/question for you guys, can you name some films, where the protagonist (who is not trained in the investigative field) is forced to do discover something or do detective work?
Thanks in advance.

State of Play.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Quick favor/question for you guys, can you name some films, where the protagonist (who is not trained in the investigative field) is forced to do discover something or do detective work?
Thanks in advance.

State of Play.

Non-draft related, but I'm in the process of rewatching the Scream trilogy, watched the first one tonight after at least 6-7 years since seeing it. I forgot how much I really liked it.

I'm actually excited for the 4th one, I'll probably see it opening day.

Non-draft related, but I'm in the process of rewatching the Scream trilogy, watched the first one tonight after at least 6-7 years since seeing it. I forgot how much I really liked it.

I'm actually excited for the 4th one, I'll probably see it opening day.

Reminds me of that scene in Knocked Up, good pick JPZ.

I've never seen any of the Scream movies. Are all 3 worth watching?

Reminds me of that scene in Knocked Up, good pick JPZ.

I've never seen any of the Scream movies. Are all 3 worth watching?

I always liked the first two and thought they were good. It's like clever and the tone and idea were a little genius when it came out. A straight slasher about slasher movies...then Scary Movie kinda ruined Scream. I mean Scream 3 wasn't much, but Scary Movie deaded all of em.

You'll be surprised by the heads who show up in those movies and I think the first two still hold up. %%## is a little iconic.

I always liked the first two and thought they were good. It's like clever and the tone and idea were a little genius when it came out. A straight slasher about slasher movies...then Scary Movie kinda ruined Scream. I mean Scream 3 wasn't much, but Scary Movie deaded all of em.

You'll be surprised by the heads who show up in those movies and I think the first two still hold up. %%## is a little iconic.

Round 8
1.  Johnny---Coach Carter, Sports
2.  Venom---40 Year Old Virgin, Utility
3.  LTB---500 Days of Summer, Comedy
4.  MrO---The 25th Hour, Crime
5.  Noskey---Un Prophete, Utility
6.  CP---Signs, Thriller
7.  Kev---Shutter Island, Thriller
8.  Prime---United 93, Crime
9.  Shaun---Knocked Up, Comedy
10. Kool---Taladega Nights, Sports
11. Illmatic---Sideways, Comedy
12. Dirk---The Damned United, Sports
13. JPZ---Munich, Drama
14. JRP---Appalloosa, Western

Everyone has 2 picks left...let's knock this out, yaknow.

Round 8
1.  Johnny---Coach Carter, Sports
2.  Venom---40 Year Old Virgin, Utility
3.  LTB---500 Days of Summer, Comedy
4.  MrO---The 25th Hour, Crime
5.  Noskey---Un Prophete, Utility
6.  CP---Signs, Thriller
7.  Kev---Shutter Island, Thriller
8.  Prime---United 93, Crime
9.  Shaun---Knocked Up, Comedy
10. Kool---Taladega Nights, Sports
11. Illmatic---Sideways, Comedy
12. Dirk---The Damned United, Sports
13. JPZ---Munich, Drama
14. JRP---Appalloosa, Western

Everyone has 2 picks left...let's knock this out, yaknow.

I'll take the only Western left that was decent that I can think of
appaloosa_movie_poster11.jpg

Then with my next pick I'll take..
adszzr4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom