Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I just always lose focus and kind of write off a serious movie when the CIA or whatever agency person has a blurry *** picture and says "enhance," as if that's something that can happen, but by the gods, the picture gains a million pixels and clears up perfectly. That's where Jason Bourne lost me.
:lol: They lost you back in Supremacy or Ultimatum then.

I know in Ultimatum they weren't even in an advanced command room and they were enhancing pics on these 2003 looking Dell computers in what just looked like a regular office floor :rofl:
They did. The Bourne movies are just ridiculous popcorn flicks. They use so many terrible network procedural drama tropes. "Zoom in... enhance. Enhance. Oh my God, it's Jason Bourne (for the 33rd time)". And then they do the same thing as the last time 3 or 4 times to try and kill him.

Last edited:
I have not seen a single Jason Bourne movie. Not sure if I'm ever going to bother at this point. I'd rather watch John Wick, Taken or the Equalizer again.

I have not seen a single Jason Bourne movie. Not sure if I'm ever going to bother at this point. I'd rather watch John Wick, Taken or the Equalizer again.
Samesies.

Not a Matt Damon fan to begin with.

I haven't seen any Bourne movies either :wow:

Caught episode 3 yesterday.

They were wylin' out with that one :lol:

Wait, VP has aired 3 so far?
Yeah.

I caught both 2 & 3 yesterday after only watching the premiere...

I'm actually liking this more than Kenny Powers from what I remember :nerd:

That one punch knock out he did in the trailer looked cool. Doesn't make me want to see the movie though.

Samesies.

That's basically what it comes down to for me. There's just something about Matt Damon that I find irritating, even in his best movies like Good Will Hunting and Talented Mr. Ripley. So, I pretty much steer clear of most of his movies.

Samesies.

That's basically what it comes down to for me. There's just something about Matt Damon that I find irritating, even in his best movies like Good Will Hunting and Talented Mr. Ripley. So, I pretty much steer clear of most of his movies.

:smh: dude was brilliant in both of those. Say something about Saving Private Ryan

Yeah, one of the craziest movie villains i've seen in a while. His beard was beastly too.

:smh: dude was brilliant in both of those. Say something about Saving Private Ryan

I didn't say he wasn't good in those movies. He was. I just said he irritates me.

And I like Saving Private Ryan
I understand it even though he's a good actor.

There are some who dislike Ben Affleck the same way.

There's something about the both of them for some ppl that just rubs them the wrong way.

Peeped Keanu tonight. Was completely ridiculous, but I liked it. Very original. And Nia Long talking dirty was an added bonus. 6.25/8.

Samesies.

I didn't say he wasn't good in those movies. He was. I just said he irritates me.

And I like Saving Private Ryan
I understand it even though he's a good actor.

There are some who dislike Ben Affleck the same way.

There's something about the both of them for some ppl that just rubs them the wrong way.

Yeah that they both have very punchable faces.

Sidenote, was talking to some cat today in my Anatomy course that said he took the cinema class I'm going to take (don't know if I'll have the same professor though) & he said they watched The Godfather Epic towards the end...

too hyped.

Last edited:
I wish there were more movie franchises where you can do that sort of epic chronological format.

Are there more movies like that? :nerd:

Checked Barbershop III (aka Next Cut). I liked it. Really respect them trying to take on the violence in Chicago. Felt forced at times, but the heart was always in the right place. And Regina Hall is a good actress. And, lastly, Nikki Manaj. Well, damn. I know she's mostly artificial, but .... good gracious ....
It was actually pretty good, sometimes it felt a bit on the nose talking about the issues, but I give them credit for tackling it and not only that.. it was really funny too. I was pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom