Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You shoulda really gone for it, arguing a fantasy movie draft on a sneakers message board in the Sports section of the site.
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Did I win?

I am going to watch Adaptation. in a celebratory fashion.

P.S. I love that there is a period in the title. Really.

Did I win?

I am going to watch Adaptation. in a celebratory fashion.

P.S. I love that there is a period in the title. Really.

not sune. voted. gota drunk. gonna go to the bar talk about the knicks and rangers. prob be here aroun 10 am

it was dumb hard

facebook distracted

not sune. voted. gota drunk. gonna go to the bar talk about the knicks and rangers. prob be here aroun 10 am

it was dumb hard

facebook distracted

Just finished Mildred Pierce ... wow. I get this feeling like I'm gonna be referencing Veda for a very very long time. I'm happy the last 2 parts weren't as slow as the others and surprised by how heavy the big reveal was. Almost makes me wanna watch it all again...almost.

Just finished Mildred Pierce ... wow. I get this feeling like I'm gonna be referencing Veda for a very very long time. I'm happy the last 2 parts weren't as slow as the others and surprised by how heavy the big reveal was. Almost makes me wanna watch it all again...almost.

I watched half of Sin City later and man that thing is such a struggle between sexism and female liberation, it's great.

I watched half of Sin City later and man that thing is such a struggle between sexism and female liberation, it's great.

Votes sent to CP

My thought process while voting:

For arguments sake, I tallied up for each genre what I thought to be the elite/best of the best. While everyone had at least one in my rankings, the average was 2 and the most anyone had was 4. Those who only had 1 ended up having stronger utility choices... so in the end it balanced out in my eyes. I did give bonus points if you were in the elite genre/utility, but they were bonus points and weren't the primary factor.

I also considered draft order. If you had an exceptionally strong pick in round 7 or later, I looked more favorably on that. Likewise, if you reached and took a subpar film in the first 5 rounds, that was a factor for me.

For some of the films I haven't seen, I did my best to research reviews/aggregate and specific critics and did my best not to hold it against you. There were only a handful of those, so that wasn't a big issue.

My list:

1. Prime
2. Kool
3. Kevin

4. JRP
5. Dirk
6. JPZ

7. Noskey
8. Venom
9. Illmatic
10. Shaun
11. LTB
12. CP
13. MrO
14. Johnny

The top 3 were all close but were the best. Places 4-6 were tough, all were essentially tied on my voting. For the rest, in some cases it was a matter of a few weak choices bringing down your score, simply not having enough elite choices, plenty of good but not great picks, etc. I used a modified letter grade system, similar to a GPA if you will. As I said, it factored in overall roster as the primary score, then bonus for draft order and elite genre picks.

I spent a good amount of time on this, after participating in the last draft I know you guys put a lot of time into it, so I won't short change you in my voting. I'll explain my choices if people have objections, it was pretty tough, and there were definitely members who had very strong choices in the middle of the rankings.

Votes sent to CP

My thought process while voting:

For arguments sake, I tallied up for each genre what I thought to be the elite/best of the best. While everyone had at least one in my rankings, the average was 2 and the most anyone had was 4. Those who only had 1 ended up having stronger utility choices... so in the end it balanced out in my eyes. I did give bonus points if you were in the elite genre/utility, but they were bonus points and weren't the primary factor.

I also considered draft order. If you had an exceptionally strong pick in round 7 or later, I looked more favorably on that. Likewise, if you reached and took a subpar film in the first 5 rounds, that was a factor for me.

For some of the films I haven't seen, I did my best to research reviews/aggregate and specific critics and did my best not to hold it against you. There were only a handful of those, so that wasn't a big issue.

My list:

1. Prime
2. Kool
3. Kevin

4. JRP
5. Dirk
6. JPZ

7. Noskey
8. Venom
9. Illmatic
10. Shaun
11. LTB
12. CP
13. MrO
14. Johnny

The top 3 were all close but were the best. Places 4-6 were tough, all were essentially tied on my voting. For the rest, in some cases it was a matter of a few weak choices bringing down your score, simply not having enough elite choices, plenty of good but not great picks, etc. I used a modified letter grade system, similar to a GPA if you will. As I said, it factored in overall roster as the primary score, then bonus for draft order and elite genre picks.

I spent a good amount of time on this, after participating in the last draft I know you guys put a lot of time into it, so I won't short change you in my voting. I'll explain my choices if people have objections, it was pretty tough, and there were definitely members who had very strong choices in the middle of the rankings.

So far I have about 8 votes given to me.  And a couple more still to come thru from judges, and I need about 10 more from the actual owners.  We'll keep the voting open for a few more days like we did for the 90's to properly digest these drafts. 

I want to thank everyone for helping, participating, etc.  Helluva way to pass the days at work. 
laugh.gif

My two drafts

CP1708
Sports---The Blind Side
Drama---Inglourious Basterds
Comedy---Borat
Horror/Thriller---Signs
Crime---The Town
Sci-Fi---Inception
Action---Sin City
Western---American Outlaws
Utility---Crash
Utility---Batman Begins

CP1708
Sports---Rounders
Drama---Shawshank Redemption
Comedy---American Pie
Horror/Thriller---From Dusk Til Dawn
Crime---The Usual Suspects
Sci-Fi---Independence Day
Action---The Rock
Western---Legends of the Fall
Utility---Good Will Hunting
Utility---A Time to Kill

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So far I have about 8 votes given to me.  And a couple more still to come thru from judges, and I need about 10 more from the actual owners.  We'll keep the voting open for a few more days like we did for the 90's to properly digest these drafts. 

I want to thank everyone for helping, participating, etc.  Helluva way to pass the days at work. 
laugh.gif

My two drafts

CP1708
Sports---The Blind Side
Drama---Inglourious Basterds
Comedy---Borat
Horror/Thriller---Signs
Crime---The Town
Sci-Fi---Inception
Action---Sin City
Western---American Outlaws
Utility---Crash