Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

I've been lurking, I'll gladly take his place.

You online enough during the day? I'll be able to get hold of you when your pick is up? If so, then you got it. I'll PM you in a couple days with info to catch you up.

These guys take their %@+$ seriously. If you miss a few hours in the morning, expect to have multiple PMs of angry NTers.

These guys take their %@+$ seriously. If you miss a few hours in the morning, expect to have multiple PMs of angry NTers.

Just finished North by Northwest on Blu Ray.........wow. Now this one I liked, a lot. His line about his mom, two ex wives and several bartenders depending on him had me chuckling for a good 5 minutes.
laugh.gif
Good day for me with this and Scream 4, tho very opposite ends of the spectrum, which is what I love about movies.

Just finished North by Northwest on Blu Ray.........wow. Now this one I liked, a lot. His line about his mom, two ex wives and several bartenders depending on him had me chuckling for a good 5 minutes.
laugh.gif
Good day for me with this and Scream 4, tho very opposite ends of the spectrum, which is what I love about movies.

I just finished that Men Who Hate Women trilogy (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Played With Fire, Kicked the Hornet's Nest)...

eek.gif
Wow. That first one was kinda epic. Like, that would've been my crime 2000s pick, if I saw it in time.
30t6p3b.gif
Just...damn. I never saw the darkness of that movie coming. The 'girl' killed it. It took a long time to understand what her character was supposed to be, until enough bad things happened that you just got it.

It must've been halfway through the movie that I just got real hyped knowing the David Fincher remake was coming out this year...

And then there's the other two movies. Even the first one's direction was good, but not Fincher good. I just get this feeling like I was watching Infernal Affairs to Scorcese's The Departed. The themes, the characters, the mysteries, the crime, the darkness...Fincher lives there. With the exception of Social Network, that's his bread and butter.

The way I see it, his remakes are gonna be Veronica Mars soaked in Se7en. My ticket's already bought.

Oh and uh...I'm gonna sit out the 80s draft.

I just finished that Men Who Hate Women trilogy (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, Played With Fire, Kicked the Hornet's Nest)...

eek.gif
Wow. That first one was kinda epic. Like, that would've been my crime 2000s pick, if I saw it in time.
30t6p3b.gif
Just...damn. I never saw the darkness of that movie coming. The 'girl' killed it. It took a long time to understand what her character was supposed to be, until enough bad things happened that you just got it.

It must've been halfway through the movie that I just got real hyped knowing the David Fincher remake was coming out this year...

And then there's the other two movies. Even the first one's direction was good, but not Fincher good. I just get this feeling like I was watching Infernal Affairs to Scorcese's The Departed. The themes, the characters, the mysteries, the crime, the darkness...Fincher lives there. With the exception of Social Network, that's his bread and butter.

The way I see it, his remakes are gonna be Veronica Mars soaked in Se7en. My ticket's already bought.

Oh and uh...I'm gonna sit out the 80s draft.

I'm really curious to see how Fincher's gonna handle those rape and bondage scenes with Salander (they were in the movie, right?).

I'm really curious to see how Fincher's gonna handle those rape and bondage scenes with Salander (they were in the movie, right?).

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Without a doubt. I got a feeling like this movie's gonna be a pop sledgehammer.
On the surface at least, he turned this:

rooney-mara-social-network-1.jpg

into this:

rooney-mara-dragon-tattoo.jpg

I think he's gonna be brutally faithful to the books. And with the following the movie already has...

I might be too hopeful for this.

Without a doubt. I got a feeling like this movie's gonna be a pop sledgehammer.
On the surface at least, he turned this:

rooney-mara-social-network-1.jpg

into this:

rooney-mara-dragon-tattoo.jpg

I think he's gonna be brutally faithful to the books. And with the following the movie already has...

I might be too hopeful for this.

Ok, if anyone is interested in taking MrO's spot in the 80's draft, let me know. If ya'll think of somebody that might work, get them in here.
laugh.gif
this one is dangerously close to not workin out real well.

Ok, if anyone is interested in taking MrO's spot in the 80's draft, let me know. If ya'll think of somebody that might work, get them in here.
laugh.gif
this one is dangerously close to not workin out real well.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Yeah I love me film noirs. If you're willing to give it another shop, CP, check out Double Indemnity. Probably my favorite film of the genre.

The Third Man is so highly recommended. I know yall seen Chinatown too, right.
nerd.gif
Don't know if it's been recommended but if you want a wild noir movie you have to see Kiss Me Deadly.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Yeah I love me film noirs. If you're willing to give it another shop, CP, check out Double Indemnity. Probably my favorite film of the genre.

The Third Man is so highly recommended. I know yall seen Chinatown too, right.
nerd.gif
Don't know if it's been recommended but if you want a wild noir movie you have to see Kiss Me Deadly.

Back
Top Bottom