Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Big Little Lies

Everybody I talk to either slams or dislikes this show.

I love this show man.

It's more than just privileged White soccer moms with too  much time and money.

This is True, man.

This is Women, and how they are, how they can be.

It shows more than privilege.

Every woman in this show (just like in real life) seems driven or derives pleasure from the same thing, and it isn't money, it's what others think of them.

If that isn't a damn fun thing to watch and understand, I don't know what to tell you.

This is my favorite show on Sundays right now and it's not close.

WTF is up with Jane? I think that bee is craziest of all. 
eek.gif

I wish I could watch all the episodes now.

Last edited:
Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.
“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sp...diana-jones-returns-to-theaters-july-19-2019/

So much IP.

A day later and I find myself wishing more movies was like Get Out. I appreciate how it blended humor and horror elements together.

Last edited:
Finally caught Nocturnal Animals. Solid flick. Loved the editing of scenes within the plot. Gyllenhal was outstanding. Amy Adams was meh. I still think her and Isla Fisher are the damn same person. :lol: :smh:

6.3/8

Last edited:

Big Little Lies

Everybody I talk to either slams or dislikes this show.

I love this show man.

It's more than just privileged White soccer moms with too  much time and money.

This is True, man.

This is Women, and how they are, how they can be.

It shows more than privilege.

Every woman in this show (just like in real life) seems driven or derives pleasure from the same thing, and it isn't money, it's what others think of them.

If that isn't a damn fun thing to watch and understand, I don't know what to tell you.

This is my favorite show on Sundays right now and it's not close.

WTF is up with Jane? I think that bee is craziest of all. 
eek.gif

I wish I could watch all the episodes now.
I'm on episode 3 and I want more. As you said it's more than white soccer moms cause I see this behavior in all races of women. 

Indiana Jones will return to the big screen on July 19, 2019, for a fifth epic adventure in the blockbuster series. Steven Spielberg, who directed all four previous films, will helm the as-yet-untitled project with star Harrison Ford reprising his iconic role. Franchise veterans Kathleen Kennedy and Frank Marshall will produce.
“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/sp...diana-jones-returns-to-theaters-july-19-2019/

So much IP.
I thought Chris Pratt was gonna take over the Indiana Jones series?

indiana jones 4 was a pieceofcrap/8
they could show a close-up of herpes for 90 mins and it would still be better than that stupid movie.

It was so bad it was forgettable so I ain't even mad.

Only cringe worthy things I recall are aliens, Shia lebeouf, and trying to make Shia the lead/new Indy? :x

With that said, looking forward to the next one.

indiana jones 4 was a pieceofcrap/8
they could show a close-up of herpes for 90 mins and it would still be better than that stupid movie.

I liked ONE scene in the whole movie. Only one scene felt like Speilberg. I feel like he had too many people working on the project for it to be good.

When I think about Speilberg these days I think about what made the original INDY or jaws, or any of his other films so great. It's the idea of "the script called for Indy to fall into a snake pit. Add more live snakes. Add more. Add more. Add even more. Big snakes. Boa's. Cobras. REAL SNAKEDS! You think that's more than enough? Well add ******* more!" Which was a GOOD thing.
But Now you take his newer stuff and it's some guy in a computer lab that he's asking to add more of something that isn't even real. And it looks like crap. Instead of Speilberg putting in his own blood sweat and tears into the building of an rediculously grand set design, he just tells some Joe smoe to digitally make it better. Instead of writing and rewriting a script himself he has teams and teams of people working this process.

I guess what I'm getting at is that he has thinned himself out so much durian the creative process of film making that there's not really room for his greatness on projects anymore. Everything turns out to be a diluted jumbled mess which reflects the amount of smugs adding their pieces to the pile.

With all that being said, I still have hope for any of Spielbergs dramas because, yeah less guys being able to say, "hey let's make an alien show up in a spaceship."

Last edited:
 My new favorite Sam Jackson movie.

I've never even heard of it before I seen it mentioned here...strange. Either I wasn't paying attention or there wasn't good promo ?
Yea Zik dropped a Gem when he mentioned that one.

It doesn't tell the same "rah rah" story that a Sniper does.

It's quite the opposite actually so, you can imagine why it wouldn't be high on a promo list.

Sounds cool but it really is the first Die Hard just set in a prison with his wife a hostage again just John is really old :lol:

If they gonna rehash a Die Hard they need to come through and rehash Die Hard With A Vengeance. The racism amongst the nypd and black ppl is still palpable.

After 4 and 5, I'll take a rehash of 1. Which is weird because I'm not that big of a fan of Die Hard 2.

Back
Top Bottom