Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I liked lone survivor.. but it wasn't overly dependent on Marky mark, who I'm not a huge fan of

I like him in certain stuff where he has a deminished or supporting role, like the departed..

But in his claim to fame movies, I think excel in spite of him.. like the fighter, boogie nights and Italian job

Only leading roles I can legit say I liked him in four brothers and ted

Can't do any of those Marky mark/berg movies.. well not the recent 2

Didn't even realize they were two separate movies initially

This. Lone survivor was trash to me also.

Curious as to what you didn't like about it?

Felt like I was watching Nations Pride

Season 7 of Shameless was exceptional.
7.8/8 writing and entertainment IMHO.
Too many underlying lessons man, they shed light on so much.

One of the few shows I Have ever seen go past 5+ seasons and not regress. I'm excited they are filming season 8 starting next month.

I read 13 Reasons Why a very long time ago.

Loved the book.

The trailer doesn't match up with what I have imagined in my head. It seems like they might've taken liberties with the story. I'll pass on the series.

Last edited:
I wanted more verbal confrontation in that climax.

Ol girl didn't really get to confront her rapist.

After reading the book summary, they don't expand on past of Bonnie explaining her role in that. Plus there's no resolution just a scene on the beach with music.

Also why in the hell did they keep calling that trivia night? :lol: That was some themed costume party karaoke.

Man that should have been two episodes.

Music was ill as always but that isn't going to cover up that wack *** finale. Very, average.

Friday
City of God
Hoop Dreams

To me, those films are "perfect"

Actually, I might enjoy "Friday After Next" over Friday now that I think it thru.

Watch the director's cut of Friday. It's so tainted from the original that it makes me appreciate the original so much more.

My perfects:

Pulp Fiction

City of God

Friday

Signs

Jackie Brown

I liked the ending of Big Little Lies, I don't think we needed a big talk laying it all on the table

we already knew what they figured out without them saying anything

I thought it might have played out in a different way
with Perry mixing up Celete and Jane since they were dressed the same
with him maybe coming up behind Jane thinking it was Celeste and her seeing him and freaking out and maybe going to get her gun

Just watched Split for the 1st time. It was so damn good up until about halfway through, then it got really boring. Also I thought there would be more depth to it. I thought I would be constantly be looking for clues comparing elements of the story to aspects of the human brain, or the subconscious, or psychology. It just ended up being kinda shallow.

A MILLION times better than M. Knights last 5 or 6 movies. It wasn't outlandishly stupid so that's a step in the right direction.

5.9/8
The Visit was excellent.

Just watched Split for the 1st time. It was so damn good up until about halfway through, then it got really boring. Also I thought there would be more depth to it. I thought I would be constantly be looking for clues comparing elements of the story to aspects of the human brain, or the subconscious, or psychology. It just ended up being kinda shallow.

A MILLION times better than M. Knights last 5 or 6 movies. It wasn't outlandishly stupid so that's a step in the right direction.

5.9/8

The Visit was excellent.

Visit was decent. It still had some cooky bizarre parts, that began to stray into "garbage m. Knight" zone. But he pulled that one out.

the visit had its' moments.
don't breathe was pretty damn good as far as building tension.

I really do not care for Wahlberg the more I look back on his movies. Few exceptions and it's usually not cuz of him.
after someone posted that stuff about marky mark's past behavior, i look at him in a different light. i don't chalk it up to youthful indiscretions - it went beyond that. dude seems like a real POS.

Back
Top Bottom